Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iran offers "new initiatives" for talks

Quote Originally Posted by IRN34 View Post
    ^^ it is not as that easy as you portrayed. There are elements within the government that want to reduce tensions with the west,US. If they those elements are behind the calls for negotiations then we are on the right track.

IMO, this nuclear issue can be solved within 4,5 days of intense discussions. But they must be honest and based on mutual respect
    It took Iran 4-5 months to answer to the letter of Ashton.
    Could it be that acceptance to negotiate is for internal consumption ahead of the parliamentary elections?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    It took Iran 4-5 months to answer to the letter of Ashton.
    Could it be that acceptance to negotiate is for internal consumption ahead of the parliamentary elections?
    Official image of government in the country is that it wont back down from the standoff, the upcoming elections has nothing to do with it. But Iran can still reach a deal with the west,US without having to completely stop the uranium enrichment but come under more supervision etc

Official image of government in the country is that it wont back down from the standoff, the upcoming elections has nothing to do with it. But Iran can still reach a deal with the west,US without having to completely stop the uranium enrichment but come under more supervision etc
    You know what the Western states think about the Iranian nuclear project.
    Do the people in Iran have the feeling that Iran will come with new ideas that will be acceptable for the US and the other Western states? And what is your own feeling?

Banned user

You know what the Western states think about the Iranian nuclear project.
    Do the people in Iran have the feeling that Iran will come with new ideas that will be acceptable for the US and the other Western states? And what is your own feeling?
    Yes, i am aware of the public opinion of the Europeans and Americans regarding Irans nuclear program.
    Average Iranian supports collaboration with the EU,US if it is based on mutual respect but well, Dr.Jalili has talked about bringing up ''new initiatives'' on the table so lets see what it brings for both parties.
    My personal opinion is that this is Irans last chance before serious sanctions are put in place. So there is a chance for negotiations,better relations.

Yes, i am aware of the public opinion of the Europeans and Americans regarding Irans nuclear program.
    Average Iranian supports collaboration with the EU,US if it is based on mutual respect but well, Dr.Jalili has talked about bringing up ''new initiatives'' on the table so lets see what it brings for both parties.
    My personal opinion is that this is Irans last chance before serious sanctions are put in place. So there is a chance for negotiations,better relations.
    I share the same opinion. If these discussions fail, not only EU's sanctions will take effect in July 1st, but also new sanctions could be voted at the UNSC.
    Hopefully the moderate elements in Iran's spheres of power will prevail. (Based on past experience, I don't expect these negotiations to be fruitful, but I really hope they will be.)

The same day, we get reports like this one:

Iran poised to greatly expand uranium enrichment at underground facility

Diplomats tell AP that Iran has put finishing touches for the installation of thousands of new-generation centrifuges at Fordo site.

By [*******#434141]The Associated Press[/COLOR]

Iran is poised to greatly expand uranium enrichment at a fortified underground bunker to a point that would boost how quickly it could make nuclear warheads, diplomats tell The Associated Press.
    They said Tehran has put finishing touches for the installation of thousands of new-generation centrifuges at the cavernous facility - machines that can produce enriched uranium much more quickly and efficiently than its present machines.
    CONTINUED:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...ility-1.413637

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

^^ it is not as that easy as you portrayed. There are elements within the government that want to reduce tensions with the west,US. If they those elements are behind the calls for negotiations then we are on the right track.

IMO, this nuclear issue can be solved within 4,5 days of intense discussions. But they must be honest and based on mutual respect
    I hope its the way you say it, but I wont hold my breath.

i'm the same as most of you guys, i'm not going to hold my breath about this. but this as was mentioned, this _is_ the purpose of the sanctions that were levied - i really hope some genuine progress can be made here. hopefully the iranian leadership (either camp) has the good sense to cave on something that matters this time.

They're just trying to buy time. Don't believe them.

Iran was the first country to bomb another countries nuclear facilities. The first instance of a preventive attack on a nuclear reactor which was aimed to forestall the development of a nuclear weapon........ They bombed Iraqs facilities, first chance they got.

But they are upset that someone would like to bomb the crap out of their facility....to forestall the development of a nuclear weapon.

Too funny .....

Hypocrites.

Tighten the screws on them. And don't negotiate.

The call to war is strong here....

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    Iran was the first country to bomb another countries nuclear facilities. The first instance of a preventive attack on a nuclear reactor which was aimed to forestall the development of a nuclear weapon........ They bombed Iraqs facilities, first chance they got.

But they are upset that someone would like to bomb the crap out of their facility....to forestall the development of a nuclear weapon.

Too funny .....

Hypocrites.

Tighten the screws on them. And don't negotiate.

Wait are you talking about the Israeli raid on the reactor in Iraq? it was Israel that took Sadams nuclear capability out not Iran, and Israel has stated if push comes to shove they will do the same with Iran with everything they have to stop Iran from getting the bomb.

Israel also struck the nuclear site in Syria that was under construction...

Banned user

Iran... Israel...well they both begin with 'I" so hey, no big difference eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ISNJH View Post
    Wait are you talking about the Israeli raid on the reactor in Iraq? it was Israel that took Sadams nuclear capability out not Iran, and Israel has stated if push comes to shove they will do the same with Iran with everything they have to stop Iran from getting the bomb.

Israel also struck the nuclear site in Syria that was under construction...
    He was right. Iran sent her F-4s to bomb Osiraq in the first weeks of the war, but they failed to hit the reactor. This failed strike just complicated the things for the IAF, because Saddam deployed after it heavy air defenses around the site.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Chanan View Post
    Iran... Israel...well they both begin with 'I" so hey, no big difference eh?
    He was right. Iran sent her F-4s to bomb Osiraq in the first weeks of the war, but they failed to hit the reactor. This failed strike just complicated the things for the IAF, because Saddam deployed after it heavy air defenses around the site.

I just got owned. Respects to Toad.