Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: By 2015: China's Military Budget Set to Double (While US Shrinks)

Quote Originally Posted by Clase View Post
    do not worry as long as usa have n.a.t.o on their side then china will not do anything just talk
    What are you talking about?The US is 80%+ of NATO.The european NATO countires would be irrelevant in the Pacific they cant project power there except for perhaps France and Britain to a limited extent.Why would they get involved there anyway?Its nothing to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    How much does a Chinese engineer make? How much does a US engineer make?
    I read on news an engineer working for NASA can make $70,000 USD a year. That's a lot of money in China. Almost certainly one cannot earn that much working for Chinese space program. It is hard to define what is high tech, and wage varies a lot among different companies and areas. But you'd consider you are lucky if you are a Chinese engineer making more than $20,000 USD a year, which is about twice of the average salary.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by zsmoke View Post
    I read on news an engineer working for NASA can make $70,000 USD a year.
    Before or after tax, health insurance and the pension fund ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    Before or after tax, health insurance and the pension fund ?
    I don't know, just a number, before I presume.

Tax, health insurance and the pension fund takes out about 20% of salary in Chinese. I think that'd be a bit higher in US. But remember that is nothing like Medicare and Medicaid in China. You will be totally broken if you are seriously ill. Pension? For now most people get about $300 USD a month. That's why Chinese people save a lot.
    Last edited by zsmoke; 02-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsky View Post
    Doubt the validity of the argument. If the Chinese is good, he needs to be paid well. Otherwise he might just go work in the US, there are numerous examples.

There's no thing as the Chinese high tech engineer working on $2 per day.
    Who said $2 per day? Even if they were making a third what a comperable position in the US does the effects in real buying power would be huge. There's a reason so many tech companies go to China and it ain't for the scenery. Actually, for an engineer it's about 1/4 what a US engineer makes:

http://www.worldsalaries.org/engineer.shtml

$4700 vs $1076. Now apply that to everything. Soliders, janitors, techs, factory workers, farmers, support people, etc. Now factor in the military entitlement system as well.

"That ... these "worries" about Chinese military expenditure makes the US look something between ridiculous and hypocritical, given the gap in
    a) amount of spending"

is about a wrong as you can be.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by zsmoke View Post
    I don't know, just a number, before I presume.

Tax, health insurance and the pension fund takes out about 20% of salary in Chinese. I think that'd be a bit higher in US. But remember that is nothing like Medicare and Medicaid in China. You will be totally broken if you are seriously ill. Pension? For now most people get about $300 USD a month. That's why Chinese people save a lot.
    Yes for sure!
    Could someone tell me, how much percents of a US salary you have to pay for tax, health insurance and the pension fund?

Banned user

Secular is of China is good for the world. I am a great fan of multipolar world.

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    Yes for sure!
    Could someone tell me, how much percents of a US salary you have to pay for tax, health insurance and the pension fund?
    It depends on your income, its a graduated tax, with other taxes kicking in as well the higher you go. That, and how much you make is also affected by what prices are in your region, a kind of lead onto purchasing power. For example, where I live, in the Midwest of the USA, you can 'buy more' with a dollar here than you could say, in New York City, where prices are higher

In this way, China's budget will almost equal to US's by 2015, even if it seems half in numerical value. (A question too.)