Thread: Israeli Apartheid week at American Universities

Default Israeli Apartheid week at American Universities

Is it apartheid week? I didn't notice. I guess that proves the point of the article...

Oh gawd, of course it's at UC Berkeley. Am I the only one who remembers the thread about their mock IDF checkpoints?

Place is full of hipster douches. Just walk around the university or up and down surrounding streets. You can't take these people's opinions seriously.

the Apartheid that led to the construction of PLO in 1964 3 years before the occupation?

It's Apartheid week already?! Better go get my special party hat from the closet!

Its amazing to me because If it was a Jewish students throwing a pro Israeli event, people would be moaning and complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Noah ה View Post
    Its amazing to me because If it was a Jewish students throwing a pro Israeli event, people would be moaning and complaining.
    It only confirms the anti-Israeli propaganda is far better than the pro-Israeli propaganda. I wonder how many of the apartheid supporters actually know that there are Arabs in the Knesset? Or what life would be like for a Jew living in the PA areas? I would challenge anyone of them to wear a Khalifa scarf in Tel Aviv, then wear a kippa in Ramallah. I wonder if they would have a difference experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    It only confirms the anti-Israeli propaganda is far better than the pro-Israeli propaganda. I wonder how many of the apartheid supporters actually know that there are Arabs in the Knesset? Or what life would be like for a Jew living in the PA areas? I would challenge anyone of them to wear a Khalifa scarf in Tel Aviv, then wear a kippa in Ramallah. I wonder if they would have a difference experience?
    I fully agree. I also viewed many photographs of these events and many of the students are actually arab. But I do wonder if many of these arabs are actually from the middle east. I know a few students here from the middle east. One in particular a kid from Palestine studying. Not only he does not care about my religious/Culture background but actually supports the Israeli position in the conflict. So what's the excuse from the white american?

From my experience university students need a cause....gives them something "useful" to do. I remember my university days in the UK in the 90s the students got very excited about about the conflict supporting the Palestinians but remarkably showed very little interest in Chechens or Rwandans. Very odd.