^
    What a great group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    What is a Doco?
    A documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    A documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    @ Blue Thor are your mates part of the IAPF in Zim?

Why are the Chinese allowed to wipe out Tigers, Elephants, Rhino etc etc but yet Pandas remain the property of China no matter where they are in the world. For every animal they kill we should ransom a Panda

In all seriousness though, you are talking about some (not all) people (poachers) who have virtually nothing and they risk their lives to poach animals. Governments need to do more to provide opportunities for them to change their ways. It's not easy but then again for us with our laptops and comforts of home it is easy to say kill them etc. Education is the key.

Organised crime poaching is different altogether and should be hunted (pardon the pun) to extinction.

In saying all of the above I am a strong supporter of the WWF and other groups such as the IAPF and in no way condone killing any animal which is on the extinction path.
    I dont know him that well, I have spoken to him once or twice, tried to get over there as an instructor but they need money more than they need instructors. I can pay to go there and be an instructor but I was hoping for a paying gig. Didnt happen but I will be trying him again in the future to try lend a hand where I can.
    IAPF do good work, and they`ve just started training other nations anti-poaching ranger units, things are going ok but they need more support, if anyone wants to go and take a holiday and pitch in theres positions available to join the training team, you have to pay but at least you get the feeling you did something positive.
    Alot is done on the ground to re-educate communities but when you are driven to extremes by the need to survive, you do what you can to keep the family in food and safety. So I understand some poachers, I hate the higher end of the scale, because alot of the supply is due to a steady of specific demand. The customers should die, in my opinion. They know they shouldnt have it and yet they order it again and again.

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

I spoke with them as well mate to lend a hand. I too will be getting more involved on my next holiday, whenever I get to do that. It's a fantastic group

Banned user

a few years back I was in Matusadona Game Reserve - a remote wilderness on the southern shore of Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe. Wandering along a dry riverbed I met a stick of Shona guys with FN's and a directional receiver - a black rhino 'close protection unit'. With open season on poachers... was quite envious

South Africa troops tackle rhino poachers

South Africa is to deploy hundreds of extra troops along its borders to help fight gangs smuggling rhino horns, the government has announced.

Justice Minister Jeff Radebe said four military companies would be sent to the borders with Zimbabwe, Swaziland and Lesotho.

Syndicates export the horns from Africa to parts of Asia and the Middle East.

In 2011, a record 450 rhinos were killed by poachers in South Africa, the Department of Environment Affairs says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-afri...medium=twitter

Poor ****ing elephants. I can only hope that at least one worthless skinny was trampled or impaled..

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by ebk187 View Post
    Poor ****ing elephants. I can only hope that at least one worthless skinny was trampled or impaled..
    sadly, this is unlikely - d**kless poachers armed with AK's or hunting rifles shoot the animals from a distance

Buffalo kills suspected poacher at Kruger park in South Africa

[*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — A suspected poacher has been killed by a buffalo at Kruger National Park.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]The 35-year-old man was trampled to death last night by the Cape buffalo north of Punda Maria rest camp, near the park's northern borders with Zimbabwe and Mozambique.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]"Apparently there were three men and two of them ran away," Kruger park spokesman William Mabasa told the South African Press Association.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]While Mabasa could not confirm that the men were poachers, he said: "But you could ask yourself, what would you want in the park at night without coming through the gate?"[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]In 2010, a poacher was killed by a lion at Kruger park. He had entered the park with two other men, to set up snares to catch animals.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches...k-south-africa[/FONT][/COLOR]

Baby rhino blinded by poachers is able to see again thanks to generous guests at a luxury game reserve

[LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]An orphaned rhino calf blinded by poachers has had his sight restored thanks to the generosity of guests at a luxury game reserve.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Vets in South Africa operated on 11-month-old Roccy after the young animal developed cataracts following a brutal attack last year.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Roccy's owner Yvonne Gioa said the unusual operation had given the calf a chance of living a normal life in the wild after allowing it to once again see.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1n90g0Vl6[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Iraq War Veteran Battles Rhino Poachers in Africa

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...138338229.html

Elephants are very intelligent and social animals..

Sad, RIP..