Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Korean warns will shelling Islands monday morning if exercise goes ahead!

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-ne...ea-exercise-2/

"Analysts and U.S. military officers contacted by VOA News say the evacuation advisory is unusual, but that threats of retaliation against South Korean military drills are common and not necessarily cause for any undue alarm."

Seems the North is getting better at its PR by issuing an evacuation warning before hand and giving time that people must evacuate from island if they do shell again this time unlike before they will be seen as at least trying to limit civilian causalities also the people will feel angry that the South did not take the warning enough to issue a evacuation order also..

Also for those saying just respond to taking out the artillery that fires on island the new orders that have been leaked to press last year is that if the artillery is fired again the units will engage and destroy those units and continue firing until those artillery units are destroyed and not just until same number of shots are returned against the North. If North Korea sends air support by near by bases and attack the planes will be engaged and the base that launched the air support will be targeted. The South is making sure that the North knows after the last shelling that any future attack by them will be far greater then before.
    Last edited by ISNJH; 02-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Yes, I'm a chick BearInBunnySuit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krnofdrg69 View Post
    We cannot blame the general population of North Korea. The politicians and the leaders are who we should blame, they're the ones who create these issues, propaganda and brainwashing.

Also, we South Koreans aren't so innocent too, just saying.
    Each to his own but I hope when you post your views on N. Korea in the future, you make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not expressing a consensus. Thanks.

Well... NK regime pervails against all odds, maybe, just maybe u shouldnt have helped them when theyre people where hungry and let then revolt? Probrably we wouldnt be having this problem now.

But lets all go ballistic, as the world is, better to nuke all and let the survivors pick the pieces and start over, maybe this time with more sense?!

Little dictator is trying to aspire to the people's hardcore-demigod image of his big daddy along with the military not wanting to lose its strong-arm policy with the old leader. Nobody's stupid enough to use nukes (except some US citizens as I read in a recent thread), and the S. Korean military can probably pound their northern neighbor into a pulp at sea. The real expensive war would be an invasion of conquest, where S. is seeking to "liberate" N., whereas something like this would probably just amount to an exchange of fire where nobody's moving to capture ground.

Go for it, South. You can't lose ground continuing playing the diplomat. When the last guy died most of your work went with him. Now you've got to start over working his son down to reason. Thankfully there are some level heads about him interested in mutual gain (because for them there is no other kind).

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksea View Post
    Nukes are gonna talk...
    If they had any that worked and had a way to deliver them.

Quote Originally Posted by krnofdrg69 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there would be 100,000's of casualties though. They wouldn't destroy Seoul entirely, but damage would be enormous. However that is always North Korean propaganda, but casualties would be high.
    Probably, but with artillery alone that casualties won't arise in Seoul proper. We need to evacuate citizens from the frontline cities closer to DMZ than Seoul to outside the range of generally all forms of NK ground weaponry, not just artillery. Planeman's threat analysis of NK nails the situation pretty well. Artillery alone is not such a major threat to our capital as most western media outlets paint it to be, but the entire, combined ****nal of the NK military is, including the unknown. It also includes the cost of engaging ourselves in protracted ground warfare with NK to achieve reunification and completely neutralize NK belligerence capability, not just retaliating against or stopping occasional NK attacks on our soil. Occupational ground warfare against NK would be a grueling job even for a military superpower, accompanied by substantial economic costs that cannot be easily dismissed (which would be significant even without the extended cost of reunification). Friendly diplomacy towards the local NK population to turn them into our allies may alleviate that problem somewhat though, and that's what we've always been doing.

I personally think that we should carefully measure our military response to NK attacks, preferably not leaving the bounds of proportional response, to minimize instability to our financial market. The South Korean military is able to double or triple its capabilities in a matter of years with force-multiplying ****nals if stable economic backing is present (what military objective could be achieved with one-third of our capabilities today can be achieved with only one-tenth a decade from now, for example). You can just observe how far our military have come in the last ten years across all branches, which have been marked by relative lack of conflict with NK after the 2002 naval clash. Another period of relative tranquility in the next decade would provide us another ample opportunity to grow our national power in peace. It is also important that we maximize the economic potential of the Southern economy for as long as we can to prepare to handle possible reintegration with NK when it no longer becomes avoidable, and the best time when we get to prepare this is now.

Ok the anti-submarine drill is still on for tomorrow in South Korea but its not being held close the NLL but is being held further south of the the boarder islands. And there will be a two hour long live fire artillery drill held on the island that the ROK has confirmed to the press.

North Korea has been prepping its people and soldiers for months now that they would soon have to become human bombs and shields to strike at the South, And Kim Jung Un is still new to power if under his leadership the North was able to carry out another strike on South Korean territory like the boarder islands and keep the Souths retaliation to a minimum without it blowing up to full scale war then it would strengthen Kim Jung Uns grasp on power and control of the military.. Kim Jung Un has been holding meetings at many of the top military units since the death of his father and I am sure they have been planning on how the next strike at the South will be carried out.

I am seeing there will be one more attack on South Korean territory before the North agrees to further talks on nuclear disarmament under the new leadership.

Or the North may choose not to attack the boarder islands tomorrow and instead in the next few days conduct another underground nuclear test that they will label as further strengthening their defense against war mongering in the South and then seek to drive the South to nuclear talks.

Damn snubbist traitors!

Seoul snubs NK’s warning of strikes for drills

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...16_105237.html

I wonder, when are we going to test our HUSS (or when did we)? I doubt it's going to be announced though.

http://articles.janes.com/articles/J...rea-South.html

Banned user

so sick and tired of these chinese - north korean threatening every day

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickk View Post
    What would you prefer? Occasional threats and flexes from the North for propaganda purposes for internal consumption or a war?
    If for months I decide to shoot a shotgun into your backyard everytime your go back there with your kids, how long should you wait before saying enoughs enough and responding?

The first rule of government is national security. If you allow them to kill your soldiers & civilians at will, shell your country at will without responding you are a cowardly government and you give the Norks the impression they are feared far beyond their capabilities.

You Enable and Encourage them to go further and further....

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    If for months I decide to shoot a shotgun into your backyard everytime your go back there with your kids, how long should you wait before saying enoughs enough and responding?

The first rule of government is national security. If you allow them to kill your soldiers & civilians at will, shell your country at will without responding you are a cowardly government and you give the Norks the impression they are feared far beyond their capabilities.

We achieved this result with only three K9 guns. I think for the past 15 months at least the message meant for deterrence, accompanied by the minimum sufficient firepower showcase of our counter-battery capability has been strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BearInBunnySuit View Post
    Each to his own but I hope when you post your views on N. Korea in the future, you make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not expressing a consensus. Thanks.
    Not a consensus. I am sure the majority of the ROK and also the world agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post

Our government is full of cowards and yes I hate them also. But we can't trigger a massive war over minor events like that. Yes it is silly how I said minor, but a war would be too costly.

I suggest you understand Geopolitics first before you say such ignorant things.

I thought we have occasional evacuation drills in ROK. Where the civilian population is led into underground facilities and etc.

I saw it on YTN news or something.