Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RT: ‘US thinks it can use Al-Qaeda temporarily in Syria’

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Sure, it's not far-fetched to think that the CIA might play AQ against Assad's forces so they can kill each other. Totally. I'd do the same thing. It would probably be done through some sort of third-party means, though. I bet you if they did, AQ wouldn't even know it was the CIA who was giving them intel. There were a few leaders of the Libyan rebel movement who were affiliated with AQ, doesn't mean we liked it. It's just how things are on the ground.
    Right, and where is the problem?
    Nothing else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXL836 View Post
    RT should be renamed to RP (Russian Propaganda).
    Yes we are the evil and you're the good guys .. alright..

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    Right, and where is the problem?
    Nothing else was said.

Problem? People treating RT like it's a reputable source.

Banned user

Wait you said exactly the same!

Wait you said exactly the same!
    Alright, let's just drop it. haha

I think anybody who's spent enough time reading RT can smell the funk.

Banned user

Alright, let's just drop it. haha

I think anybody who's spent enough time reading RT can smell the funk.

To be honest they serve it a little bit hard but they aren't lying.

This is not about "us" vs. "you", this is about garbage posted as a reliable news source. When the US based "Trumpet" posts nonsense about German politics, it is called out as garbage, when the German Spiegel or TAZ write scandalous crap about the Bundeswehr, it is called out as garbage and when the Russian RT reports retarded nonsense, it is called out as garbage, too.

On the news itself:
    Do you really think, with all the efforts the US does worldwide to root out AQ safehavens (Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan), they would actually support AQ in establishing a new base in Syria? Although Assad is a criminal butcher like Ghaddaffi, there is no way in hell, the US or the rest of "the West" would actually consider to use AQ as a tool to topple him. It may happen that some AQ fighters disguised as "regular" freedom fighters receive money or support, but I really doubt that something like this happens on a larger, intentional scale.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Astaran View Post
    On the news itself:
    Do you really think, with all the efforts the US does worldwide to root out AQ safehavens (Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan), they would actually support AQ in establishing a new base in Syria? Although Assad is a criminal butcher like Ghaddaffi, there is no way in hell, the US or the rest of "the West" would actually consider to use AQ as a tool to topple him. It may happen that some AQ fighters disguised as "regular" freedom fighters receive money or support, but I really doubt that something like this happens on a larger, intentional scale.
    I will quote gresh:
    Sure, it's not far-fetched to think that the CIA might play AQ against Assad's forces so they can kill each other. Totally. I'd do the same thing. It would probably be done through some sort of third-party means, though. I bet you if they did, AQ wouldn't even know it was the CIA who was giving them intel. There were a few leaders of the Libyan rebel movement who were affiliated with AQ, doesn't mean we liked it. It's just how things are on the ground.
    Btw. why not ?

I will quote gresh:

Btw. why not ?
    What Astaran said. The US isn't that stupid. If that happened, and news of that leaks, it would blow up in our faces. It's just like how Bush made sure the CIA and FBI went and looked back through every record they could to make sure we didn't somehow covertly fund Bin-Laden back in the day before we invaded Afghanistan. We didn't.

Just look at how a few AQ guys fighting for the NTC in Libya made the news. I recall a ton of BS sensationalist headlines about how "Is the NATO supporting AQ?!". It's just not true.

Banned user

If there is a benefit to support AQ they would do it.

Banned user

There are no "reputable sources" in any country as far as media is concerned. Each media has it's own agenda and propaganda. Media's job is not to present the truth but present views that are in line with the media owner's and/or government's interests. This is true in any country and any political system in the world.

Even the so called "alternative media" like Antiwar have their own agendas.

Our job as consumers is to filter out the propaganda.

My opinion as a media consumer however is, that RT is closer to truth than western mainstream media.

If there is a benefit to support AQ they would do it.
    Yeah, cause you know..you work in the White House and would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pankrat View Post

My opinion as a media consumer however is, that RT is closer to truth than western mainstream media.

Banned user

Yeah, cause you know..you work in the White House and would know that.
    It would be very stupid if they don't. Btw. you said the same.

Hard to believe I know.

It would be very stupid if they don't. Btw. you said the same.
    No, you're taking what I said out of context. I said if the US had any use for AQ at all it would be to watch them kill each other fighting Assad. I also said if any amount of help was given to them at all, it would be through a third party kind of like in Libya. We didn't support them. There were just a few members in the group we were supporting(NTC mostly). We don't like it, we don't give them money or aid. They receive aid simply by being apart of an organization that's friendly to the US. We don't condone anything AQ does, and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pankrat View Post
    When Jesse Ventura talks on Russia Today about 9/11 having been an inside job organized by the Bush government, it is close to the truth?

When Julian Assange will have his very own Let's-all-bash-the-USA TV show hosted by Russia Today, it will be close to the truth?

Our job as consumers is to filter out the propaganda.
    How ironic that such a statement is coming from a person who seriously thinks "RT is closer to truth than western mainstream media."

Maybe Ze Evil West (tm) should own and fund a dedicated TV channel, just as it is the case with RT. "The West Today" or "TWT" would be a fitting name. Non-stop news coverage and interpretation of Russian-related topics, strictly aimed at the Russian-speaking community.