Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Santorum says the Dutch are killing the elderly: half of euthanizations forced

My grandmother is in her 80's, paralyzed on one side of her body, and in a wheel chair. Yet somehow, she's not been euthanized, despite multiple semi-serious visits to hospital. My other grandmother was not euthanized even as she was in the IC, slowly dying of lung failure, because that is what she wanted. In fact, many doctors are scared of being the ones that would have to perform the act, as it's quite possible they could get prosecuted for doing it. Legislation considering euthenasia is extremely strict.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKHO View Post
    Guess I'll have to take the long skate off the bucket list. If I went to the Netherlands, one look at my old, gray azz and it would be curtains for me no doubt.

Hate it when that happens.
    Just wear an armband stating resuscitate with Bushmills.

It is fairly common for politicians not to realize that in addition to the audience present, their comments may end up in a global distribution.
    Especially if they happen to say something controversial.

Santorum's failure to realize this might explain some of his 'brainfarts'.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    Well, they had Huntsman but tuned him out.
    Hunstman is just about the only US politician I feel I would vote for if they ran here. Shame he didn't have the standing the other candidates seem to enjoy.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Bottom line is Santorum is so far to the right on nearly all social issues that it's simply mind boggling and he has a rather bizarre view of a lot of those issues. He claimed yesterday that "Obamacare" wanting to give women free prenatal care was for the sole purpose of culling the herd of the deformed and disabled before birth through more abortions. He's getting to the point where his nutty [*******"#000000"]p[/COLOR]ronouncements resemble those crazy mullahs we love to hate around here.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    Damn it must suck being obsessed with the politics of another nation, and not being able to do a damn thing about it but complain.
    The irony literally reached out from my monitor and punched me in the face.

This is embarassing. It's one thing if we Americans bash each other, but it's incredibly humiliating when some douchebag politician starts lashing out at other countries, especially ones that are supposed to be our friends. Be it Canada with it's healthcare system or the Netherland's...existence it seems. Cheap scare tactics just to win over some lunatic voters, and it's getting worse too, I don't even think Bush Jr. was like this when he ran (I could eat those words, though). Keep this guy the hell away from office.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Forget him. This guy is full on retard.

Need I say more?

I would say they both are on full retard....

It troubles me that so many vote for this man, hope the Dutch Government picks it up and blows it out of proportion to damage Santorum

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

I've been skeptical of this person since his NHS bashing, seems he's found new targets to piss off. Good old Rick Sanitarium!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    This is embarassing. It's one thing if we Americans bash each other, but it's incredibly humiliating when some douchebag politician starts lashing out at other countries, especially ones that are supposed to be our friends. Be it Canada with it's healthcare system or the Netherland's...existence it seems. Cheap scare tactics just to win over some lunatic voters, and it's getting worse too, I don't even think Bush Jr. was like this when he ran (I could eat those words, though). Keep this guy the hell away from office.
    ASPA,signed into law by Bush,authorized the president to use whatever method necessary to free American servicemembers held in custody by the ICC. Because the ICC is in The Hague, this could include military operations against/in The Netherlands, depending on the presidents discretion. It was considered mildly damaging on our side of the Atlantic, but it seems both sides have forgotten about it since.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...Protection_Act

Formerly known as Suigenesis before the great crash

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    It is very strange. The media *loves* attacking the Repub frontrunner, whoever it is. That YouTube video was uploaded on 6 Feb., so it has been out for two weeks; yet with a Google News search, I cannot find a single story on it in the American media. That is just the kind of comment they would latch onto and make a big issue.
    Perhaps they are ignoring it on purpose and giving him the treatment they gave Romney when he was the clear front runner? It seemed to me that for a while there the media refused to run anything negative about Romney. Then they opened the floodgates once the other candidates starting gaining ground. It's almost like they are letting the front runner off the hook now, only to save this crap for the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiski View Post
    It is fairly common for politicians not to realize that in addition to the audience present, their comments may end up in a global distribution.
    Especially if they happen to say something controversial.

Santorum's failure to realize this might explain some of his 'brainfarts'.
    That should not matter if he is analyzing the crowd and thinking ”this crowd is ignorant enough so I can lie to them all I want as long as it doesn’t go out in the media” this is idiotic and should directly result in a loss of confidence from the voters. How can you accepts such a double standard.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    That should not matter if he is analyzing the crowd and thinking ”this crowd is ignorant enough so I can lie to them all I want as long as it doesn’t go out in the media” this is idiotic and should directly result in a loss of confidence from the voters. How can you accepts such a double standard.
    You've just described 99% of the politicians out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RSone View Post
    ASPA,signed into law by Bush,authorized the president to use whatever method necessary to free American servicemembers held in custody by the ICC. Because the ICC is in The Hague, this could include military operations against/in The Netherlands, depending on the presidents discretion. It was considered mildly damaging on our side of the Atlantic, but it seems both sides have forgotten about it since.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...Protection_Act

Hmm, I hadn't heard of that. Although I was talking more about campaign rhetoric, like Santorum here bashing Dutch laws to scare people into voting for him (or else ganny will be sent off to be euthanized!!)