Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Santorum says the Dutch are killing the elderly: half of euthanizations forced

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    How many threads and posts are on this board wherein Europeans are commenting/criticizing American politicians/politics vs. the number of Americans criticizing European politicians/politics? If it quacks like a duck. . .
    Okay first of all before drawing conclusions you could check my post record and conclude I am not all that active when it comes to domestic American politics threads. Secondly I am Dutch and therefore Dutch-related news concerns me. When some religious fundamentalist wacko throws out claims about my country I write a thread about it. Just like a thread was created about some extreme Muslim dude who came to Amsterdam. The wacko in the former case happens to be American and happens to be a possible candidate for the president of the USA which I find extremely scary. What do I want to do about it? Nothing to make him keep his mouth shut, but I will give my opinion. I could deserve the "let me tell you about your country" picture, but not before that complete nutter Rick Santorum has been given one for saying lies about my country.

Yeah okay we are a tiny little country so it won't have massive implications to mock us, especially not in front of a support audience who seem to be taking his 18th century idiocy seriously, but it's still stupid enough to point out. It's not against America but against Rick Santorum.

We will have good relations with the USA and we're not going to burn US flags tomorrow or act like America would even care if we do. In the past, present and future we have good relationships with the USA whether the Democrats or Republicans are in charge. And I am happy about these positive relationships despite our differences. But every country has their village idiots, Rick Santorum takes it too extremes and I'd have similar sad feelings for his persona whether he would be American or Dutch or Zimbawean.

Banned user

How many threads and posts are on this board wherein Europeans are commenting/criticizing American politicians/politics vs. the number of Americans criticizing European politicians/politics? If it quacks like a duck. . .
    It's been a whole day and the Canadians and Europeans haven't started a single thread to dump on American health care. How is 'your' side doing?
    And, yes, European liberals pissing on everything American, just for the sake of it, pisses me off just as much.

I'll bet most Americans couldn't be bothered to care. (No doubt it's because Americans are stoopid. )
    Right, that's why a third world-leader such as Hugo Chavez gets some people here to have a heart seizure. Because they don't care. And they're too 'stoopid'.
    Last edited by Dirtydiaper; 02-19-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Well in the end it doesn’t really matter what your presidential candidates tell you, they still do what is expected of them when they get in to office as we see time and time again. It’s just that when they treat their own population in this way It shows a level of contempt that is dismaying. And European interest in the US isn’t that strange the connection over the pond is a bit stronger than say Japan or China I am sure you understand this.

I'll bet most Americans couldn't be bothered to care. (No doubt it's because Americans are stoopid. )
    How often do you hear European politicians describe the US as a Nazi nation where genocide is perfectly normal?

Can you even comprehend how insulting this all is, or is this perfectly normal in your book?

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tercio67 View Post
    You seem awfully obsessed with Europeans' perceived obsessions with the USA.
    Not really. Just an observation. I agree Santorum has some nutty views.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

The US has economic ties with China and Japan as well but you don't see them here jumping in the middile of political discussions as much. I honestly don't care, I just think it's an interesting phenomena. It's like watching Top Gear and seeing Jeremy Clarkson obsess over what America is doing each week. Strange.
    Do we have a Chinese/Japanese contingent the same size as the EU contingent here? Are Japan or China involved affected by decisions in the same way Europe is? Are China/Japan NATO allies like most European nations are? Ultimately whichever person you elect and the decisions made by his presidency have serious ramifications for us over here, that's why we give a sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenclog View Post
    How often do you hear European politicians describe the US as a Nazi nation where genocide is perfectly normal?

Can you even comprehend how insulting this all is, or is this perfectly normal in your book?
    You think European politicians haven't ever said insulting things about the US?

If so, they were certainly not Dutch.

I don't believe there are many European politicians or electoral candidates pointing to the US and telling us 'this is what our country could look like if you don't vote for me.' At the same time, it almost seems de rigueur for some US conservatives.

We consider ourselves endebted to the (western) WW2 Allies to a certain degree, which is why they are generally viewed in a positive light(look at the special Dutch-Canadia relationship that came out of WW2), even though that is apparently not always reciprocal.

Quote Originally Posted by RSone View Post
    I don't believe there are many European politicians or electoral candidates pointing to the US and telling us 'this is what our country could look like if you don't for me.' At the same time it almost seems de rigueur for some US conservatives.
    Yeah they do almost seem to use Europe as the boogie man.

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

It was not my intention to start a USA versus Europe thread. I believe village idiots are universal and I don't see the point of defending such people regardless of nationality. USA and the Dutch will get along fine.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

And then you have Romney calling China's one child policy "barbaric". Never mind trying to feed 1.4 billion people on very limited resources, its just not christian.

Moral center of the universe or are these guys secretly on Obama's payroll and want the GOP to lose ?

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgor View Post
    You couldn't make this stuff up.
    No sh1t. And its got to make you wonder what kind of idiot would ever vote for such a out of touch hypocrite?

In fact it baffles me every election, how these people, dem and repub, get elected, or even worse, re-elected after massive icompetence, fraud and illegal activities.

I know it happens around the world, but it just seems that Americans excell at it. Making sure the handsdown worst candidate gets elected or gets to stay in office. Then we act all butthurt and surprised when said candidate turns out to be utter cr@p.

Maybe you guys should do actual research on candidates, their government philosophies and their platforms instead of spouting off on forums about whatever sensationalist media BS you read on the internet.

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

Already have and done that. Otherwise i would have kept my hole shut. Just wondering why some others cant see the fraud?