Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rick Santorum says the Dutch are killing the elderly: half of euthanizations forced

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgor View Post
    Moral center of the universe or are these guys secretly on Obama's payroll and want the GOP to lose ?
    Romney is palatable despite his many flaws. If Santorum wins the GOP nom, I'm voting third party (Ron Paul or Gary Johnson).

I agree with Santorum, I've seen the mass graves outside of elderly homes and hospitals. Its happening folks, i hereby officially request US military intervention to stop this genocide.

[*******#ffffff][/COLOR][*******#ffffff](so I don't get stopped and send back at the US border for saying something bad bout murica's future president)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    That may be, but the author does cite a variety of sources...

Another source, the book "Seduced by Death" by Herbert Hendin:

http://www.leaderu.com/ftissues/ft97...s/chevlen.html
    O my. "variety of sources"....These people didn't manage to read, not speaking about properly quoting just "one report" (actually 3 studies, but who cares, right?).

In these studies there was suggested that there were around 2200 cases of euthanasia.For example "lethal doses" of drugs. Like strong painkillers, or "muscle relaxers".
    If to remember what was cancer then... than the whole picture turns upside down. Not surprisingly really for anybody who remember people with cancer back then, the "dignity" was the main reason for euthanasia (pain would be mitigated after all even in the medieval 80s).
    Those 40% so favored by these "christian" authors (in 2005 43 % btw.) are "decisions that might shorten patient life. These actions are: withholding of possible life-prolonging treatment, supplying possible lethal drugs etc. Painkillers that everybody receives after a crash etc. in ER obviously fit here. It's quite safe to claime that the percentage of people who receives "life shortening treatment" in US hospitals is significantly higher than in the north Europe. It's just much more easy to get "pills" on the other side of the pond. More of it "end of life decisions" are the norm in any country with intrusive health care where people mostly die in hospitals. Doctors do make "matter of life and death" decisions. In USA mostly "informing" patients, in the NL they will drill holes in your head until everything is clear or your head explodes.
    Anyway, for anybody scared there is (obviously) more modern statistics which can be found on sbs site. (Bureau of statistics) .
    http://statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/default.aspx?DM=SLNL&PA=71455ned&D1=a%2c!1-3&D2=a&D3=0&D4=l&HDR=T&STB=G1%2cG2%2cG3&VW=T

For those incapable to read dutch, not understanding it or too lazy. The number of real euthanasia's (controlled suicides of people that could live much longer but decided to stop) performed in 2005 is five.
    The numbers presented there are quite modest in comparison with any other western country. The difference lies exclusively in the decision of "talking" or not "talking" about.

Considering what is contained in some of the other sources I posted, I don't think I'd trust official government statistics on this matter.

Atleast we know rick will have your vote...

Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    Considering what is contained in some of the other sources I posted, I don't think I'd trust official government statistics on this matter.
    CBS/Statistics Netherlands is an independent institution, by law, audited by an independent comission consisting of people from the academic world. The government can't interfere with it without risking massive political implications.
    You're entitled to your views, but it's becoming painfully obvious you are not interested in coming up with an argument based on facts.

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie the Great View Post
    I agree with Santorum, I've seen the mass graves outside of elderly homes and hospitals. Its happening folks, i hereby officially request US military intervention to stop this genocide.

[*******#ffffff][/COLOR][*******#ffffff](so I don't get stopped and send back at the US border for saying something bad bout murica's future president)[/COLOR]
    You left out the ovens. The ones macs lent you.

My father's WWII unit, the 87th Infantry Division JUNKHO's Avatar

Could we get an elderly Dutch person to post a thought on this?

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Tercio has already given his opinion

My father's WWII unit, the 87th Infantry Division JUNKHO's Avatar

Yeah but who's going to mess with someone that has "big guns"?

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKHO View Post
    Nope they are all dead you see.

They don’t have a place in society so they are killed off and their still living kids and grandkids think this is perfectly acceptable thus not protesting this is why you never hear of it.
    You can even get discounts if you book the funeral for the same date… unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKHO View Post
    According to Mullah Al-Rickesh we've killed them all, so good luck with that. Sometimes you get programs on tv about people that are essentially vegetables, completely paralyzed and/or in great pain, physically or psychologically. If Santorum wants to suffer extreme pains for weeks, months or even years if he's unlucky enough that's his business, but I don't need him or any of our own politicians making that decision for me. So I told my relatives to end it if I ever get in that state, regardless if a doctor is involved. Prison sentences for murder are virtually non-existent here anyway, especially considering the circumstances and the state of the "victim".

Could become a lucrative business though, send us your old and sick and we'll get rid of them for you. VOC mentality all the way!

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Nope they are all dead you see.

They don’t have a place in society so they are killed off and their still living kids and grandkids think this is perfectly acceptable thus not protesting this is why you never hear of it.
    You can even get discounts if you book the funeral for the same date… unbelievable
    This debate is at a nascent stage. Given the increasing global population pressure on food supplies at some point there will be a debate on the concept of 'surplus' people. The hippie crowd might say that the world produces enough food for everyone, we just need better distribution. Nonsense, there is only sufficient food if everyone lives on nutritious UN food-aid biscuits. The catalyst for raising the who-lives debate will be when folk need to decide between UN biscuits and fillet steak.

When I heard Rick telling the story, I chuckled. Then I heard all the gasps in the crowd and realized that they are actually believing that ****. Than I wept.

Banned user

Did you know euthanasia isn't even legal in the Netherlands? If a doctor follows certain guidelines the justice department typically refrains from prosecuting, but it's still technically breaking the law.
    Last edited by Mein Teil; 02-19-2012 at 10:08 PM.