Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rick Santorum says the Dutch are killing the elderly: half of euthanizations forced

Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    Personally I think any society that euthanizes old people as if they were sick puppies is disgusting and I will vote for anyone who opposes the practice, even if they exaggerate things.
    Personally I think you need to activate your brain before posting. But on the other hand maybe you are quite comfortable with people handing you your opinions.

Either way, you are free to do as you wish. But I'd advise you to make sure that your wishes are your own.

Banned user

Personally I think any society that euthanizes old people as if they were sick puppies is disgusting and I will vote for anyone who opposes the practice, even if they exaggerate things.
    Don't hesitate to give us a notice once you find one.

We do NOT just euthanize old people. As I said before, my paralyzed grandmother, confined to her wheelchair, does NOT wear a 'do not euthanize' bracelet. The other one did not wear such a thing even when she was in the terminal stage of lung failure. I was personally involved in a euthanasia case which was completely voluntary. One of my grandfathers had colon cancer which had spread to the rest his body. He was terminal, and in the last stages of the disease, after extensive surgery and chemo had failed to resolve the situation. He requested a lethal injection, completely of his own free will, and I can assure you he was in complete posession of his mental faculties when he made the request. He was a protestant christian who voluntarily ended his life before that insidious disease took it from him, and it is probably the bravest thing i've ever seen someone do. The fact that the religiously orthodox feel the need to deny people ownership of their life is personally offensive to me. I won't have mongs like Santorum dishonour my grandfather's memory.

I am willing to enter a debate with anyone, provided they can put forward argumentation for or against anything based on facts, and in this case, statistics. So far you've only posted an article, or rather a column working with data from the 90's we aren't even sure are actually correct, so lacking in proper sourcing my professors would have had my ass for it, had I written it.
    I would be willing to accept the Dutch euthanasia legislation being out of control if someone was to put forward convincing factual data pointing this out, but so far nobody, wether they are Dutch or not, has proven beyond reasonable doubt that there are structural issues with the Dutch system that cause the involuntary euthanasia of people in the order of magnitude put forward by your 'sources'. Are there issues? Of course there are. Could legislation be more clear? Of course it could. However, the decision is still with the patient, or in case of incapacitation, with their family. If there truly was such a thing as an out of control euthanasia machine, don't you think legislators would have done something about it? Especially with a nominally Christian party(Christian Democrats) in the ruling coalition?
    Last edited by RSone; 02-20-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of family

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    Don't hesitate to give us a notice once you find one.
    Those evil eskimos maybe?

Banned user

I think one needs to pay no more attention to what Rick Santorum thinks then to a mentally retarded person. You just pat him on the head, smile and make cooing sounds.

I've been to Holland many times. There is a lot the US can copy from that country to improve itself.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by NPFF View Post
    I've been to Holland many times. There is a lot the US can copy from that country to improve itself.
    Oh for crying out loud.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    Oh for crying out loud.
    Have you been to Holland?

The absolute inability of much of the US public to admit that somebody else might do something better than they do and the absolute inability to comprehend that their system might not be the best is part of the problem.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    The absolute inability of much of the US public to admit that somebody else might do something better than they do and the absolute inability to comprehend that their system might not be the best is part of the problem.
    I'd agree with that.

Banned user

Bingo. There is nothing special about America or Amricans. They are human beings just like everyone else, not a chosen race. Sometimes other countries do have better ideas. A smart man looks at everything and picks the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    I'd agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NPFF View Post
    Bingo. There is nothing special about America or Amricans. They are human beings just like everyone else, not a chosen race. Sometimes other countries do have better ideas. A smart man looks at everything and picks the best.
    I would recommend growing a mullet and joining the winning side!

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    I would recommend growing a mullet and joining the winning side!
    I'd rather not look like my dad in his youth .

Attachment 173285 Sorry, any chance to post CJ's girl is too much to resist!

I'll take that as a yes.

Unfortunately you are right. I once made a passing remark to a conservative friend about how it would be cool if we had a bullet train system so I could travel long ways without paying so much for gas and she immediately started smugly proclaiming how there was an accident in China with their high speed rail trains (and therefore high speed rail sucks).