Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animal rights group says drone shot down

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post
    Going outdoors to hunt a small number of games when itīs permited is fine, although I wouldnīt do it myself; then you cook them and thatīs all.
    Shooting an insane number of animals just for fan in sick, as well as capturing them to be used as live targets.
    x2 123456

Discussion of legality (including privacy laws, interfering with a hunt, etc) currently going on here:

http://volokh.com/2012/02/19/drones-...ghts/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    x2 123456
    Grandfather has a policy on hunting: You kill it, you skin it, you eat it. Only exception is if you're giving it to someone else to cook/eat. A route he's taken often because, like CG51 said, it's the activity that's the most fun. But that's due to the "friends" part.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moechtegern View Post
    Grandfather has a policy on hunting: You kill it, you skin it, you eat it. Only exception is if you're giving it to someone else to cook/eat. A route he's taken often because, like CG51 said, it's the activity that's the most fun. But that's due to the "friends" part.
    Yep, a responsible group is what I intended to say. Quail, duck, turkey, its fun to be with a small group of friends on a hunt.

Off topic, when I was growing up in Alabama and first started to go out hunting, I was always told the most dangerous job in America was a Game Warden in Alabama (its just a joke ya'll)

Few years ago I was looking into UAV's, from what I read at the time a farmer or private land operator using a RC vehicle to take air photo's of "their own property" in a non commercial manner and so long as the vehicle remains in direct eyesight of the operator then it does not need a UAV license and is legal... this was not the case since this group was not on private property they owned and was being launched from a public road.

Also one thing I was wondering did the cops impound the drone as evidence and check it for bullet damage? or could it be possible the group heard gunshots from the woods then crashed their drone and blame it on the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moechtegern View Post
    You wouldn't want to eat some of the deer I've shot. Diseased, maggot ridden and old. On that basis, I'd add culls to the list of exceptions too.

Drones are best stewed with rosemary and Garlic, they are a bit dry otherwise. Serve with a sweet Red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    IF any of what the Animal rights group even says is true. I tend to trust them as far as I can throw the USS Iowa
    Most of us Brits tend to take that same view on things published in the Daily Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Daily Mail so apparently never happened as British posters tell us it doesnt publish anything close to truth