Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Obama Set a Trap for the Right

Banned user

Default How Obama Set a Trap for the Right

Conservatives have gleefully used the Obama administrations’ requirement that health insurance plans cover birth control as a way to revive the culture wars. But they’re not winning, writes Andrew Sullivan.
    More:http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...the-right.html

Did he not compromise even before the conservative strategy, if they had one, gathered momentum. I thought it was more Catholics than conservatives that jumped in right away.

Beer summit anyone? Obama should be blessing Mohammad that the Republicans are so naive of late.

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    Beer summit anyone? Obama should be blessing Mohammad that the Republicans are so naive of late.
    Of late - I think you are mistaken there...

Quote Originally Posted by Indianatheart View Post
    Of late - I think you are mistaken there...
    I stand corrected Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    Conservatives have gleefully used the Obama administrations’ requirement that health insurance plans cover birth control as a way to revive the culture wars. But they’re not winning, writes Andrew Sullivan.
    More:http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...the-right.html
    Sorta like the trap Custer sprung on the Indians, Obama was a Bit Luckier....

It was fcuking with the church that made him do a 180 deg as he wasnt going to win and desperately needed it to go away during an election.

I believe the White House spells Ambush C-A-V-E-D... but hey get that truth team spinning like a gyro

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    I believe the White House spells Ambush C-A-V-E-D... but hey get that truth team spinning like a gyro
    And when the usual crowd is all too willing to shotgun the Kool-Aid who needs truth anyway?

I don't think US had any Left-wing politician like ever !! Not only the metric system is different but the political is also as ti seems!!

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

It was fcuking with the church that made him do a 180 deg as he wasnt going to win and desperately needed it to go away during an election.

It's hard going to sleep at night with all that hate isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CG51 View Post
    It's hard going to sleep at night with all that hate isn't it?
    What Hate, it's the truth. Your boy caved because he needed the controversy to go away fast during an election year. The Church is a Powerful enemy to fight and he doesnt have the stones, the money, or the resources to fight the archdioceses in the USA.

Isn't that exactly why he is winning? because he "C-A-V-E-D". Who wants it to desperately go away now? NOT HIM! The public is with him on this issue at this moment.

"C-A-V-E-D" = strategic retreat. Sometimes you must lose a couple battles in order to win the war.

His "C-A-V-E-D" even made you happy
    Last edited by plato; 02-17-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Suspended for infractions

Either way, so instead of good governance, i.e. his job description, he just plays political games and destroys enemies?

Yeah, not surprising from someone from the Chicago political machine. What else did you expect America?

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    Either way, so instead of good governance, i.e. his job description, he just plays political games and destroys enemies?

Yeah, not surprising from someone from the Chicago political machine. What else did you expect America?

"governance" has never been part of a president's job description. The President of United States does not govern (run or control). The presidency is a leadership position in which the President tries to persuade American people and the Congress to go along with his or her programs. This ability to persuade is influenced by many factors, i.e. first 100 days in office, the economy, wars, decisive election victory, relation with the Congress, etc....

For example, because the President does not run the country, it is quite ignorant to blame or praise Bush or Obama for the economy. If anything, the economy affects them rather than the other way around. Unfortunately, most if not all Americans judge a President by how the economy is doing, which they have no control of.

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

There is an awful lot of Catholic Hispanics and evangelical Blacks whose votes Barry O is going to need in November. Putting mandates on hospitals and clinics run by religious orgs that force them to do things against their fundamental beliefs is not going to play well with those voters.

the one thing I love about his presidency is how the liberal media tries to spin his every **** up as some sort of master plan
    it's hilarious