Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Macedonia Asks to Join NATO Despite Greek Opposition

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    He is joking. This is a modern age and we are mostly Orthodox Christians and Alexander was a figure that was only in small part of the history and a pagan at that. In my books he is not relevant right now.
    I wouldnīt know that Alexander the Great had Bulgarian or Slavic roots? So the whole Macedonia hype is just nonsense. In the 11th century the whole area was called Bulgaria while the region where the state of Bulgaria is currently located was called Paristrion. If anyone has a legitimate claim on Alexander it is the modern Greeks as he spoke the ancient Greek language and shared the ancient Greek culture which he spread across the middle eastern world. The Slavs and Bulgarians (a turkic tribe BTW) migrated to the Balkans in the 7th century AD while Alexander lived in the 4th century BC!

As for mentioning the faith, maybe this is a good point to start from and to think who is the potential enemy and the potential friend in the region. This petty nationalism is ridiculous!
    Last edited by The Kaiser Chief; 02-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.

The world's an oppressive place to live through -yet with a little pride it's worth it

Again? We've discussed the issue at least 3-4 times ad nauseam. All we gain from threads like this is heated arguments and infractions
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    [SIZE=4]Macedonia Asks to Join NATO Despite Greek Opposition[/SIZE]
    Not going to happen, the alliance accepts new members by consensus, altering or abandoning the principle of consensus poses other problems
    /thread

To bring it back on-topic regarding objections to FYROM's NATO membership:

Quote Originally Posted by thend View Post
    Prior to 1913 the greeks in the aegean were a minority of about 10%.They even had greek embassy in Solun.All that changed when they occupied militarily & illegally
    I won't bother correcting you on the historical aspects, but your attitude is exactly why FYROM should not be allowed into the organization. There is no room for anyone that espouses "irredentist" positions within the organization (and I place irredentist in quotes because Aegean/Historical Macedonia never belonged to you). Your PM has expressed these positions officially multiple times, as was for example the claim for "reparations".

Furthermore, if you think that the Greeks "occupied militarily & illegally" territories from the Ottomans or Bulgarians (notice there were no invented "Macedonians" to be found at that time), it is none of your concern. If you wish to make it your concern, the Greeks have a saying (as does Hollis in his byline): ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

So can you explain why there are Slavic toponims on the greek parliament in athens:
    These are battle grounds. In the left side there is Korea etc

A fact that many people ignore (some intentionally, most not) is that from the anthropological point of view the Slav-speaking residents of FYROM, in their overwhelming majority, do not have a Slavic origin. Thus, although being Slav-speaking, are not Slavs (as neither Serbs etc), but autochthonous population descendants.
    Being unique doesn't make you descentants of ancient macedonians. just "macedonians" with the area-topographican meaning.

Greeks historically have very few common elements with the ancient Greeks founders of the ancient civilization
    Really? And i thought i was Homers great great grandson. Whose great grandson are you? hahahaha

As for all the pics you post from 1700 and forward...

Can you IMAGINE the volume of documents we can post 1700 years BEFORE these, proving the there were no slavs in balkans?

Anyway NATO is an alliance.

You must be friendly to be an ally or have a common enemy with the rest of the group.

Interesting to see a stereotype (a balkan topic thread) in action.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by tercio67 View Post
    Oh, should we talk about Belgium instead ?

The world's an oppressive place to live through -yet with a little pride it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by tercio67 View Post
    I usually follow your posts with interest dear Tercio, for the first time I have a problem with your attitude. If you do not like us balkanites "untermenschen" you are free to leave. If you haven't got anything useful to contribute, please quit this thread and stop this condescending tone of yours. Thanks.
    (I'm out of here too this kind of threads infuriate me)

I've been to Macedonia 6 times, and travelled the few hours from Skopje to Thessolaniki. Aside from the current borders of Macedonia, I know the country to be a cross roads of people and ancient cities nearing the greek boarder which have taken different owners ship 3+ times in 1,000 period. The greek's have always considered Macedonia (their land) and this the miniscule state exists as it does today. The birth city location of Alexandar is still not identified even when I ask the most proud Macedonians.

This is like discussing Texas (is it Mexico or US).... and who's history is it (well, isnt the Alamo both?) Yet, Americans are still proud and Texans even prouder.

My Macedonian friends are proud of thier history and the proximity of ethnicity will never make this a black or blue situation. 3 hour drive to Greece, 3 hour drive to Sophia, 3 hour drive to Belgrado.... Its slovic and greek and its history is as well. Their capital has changed drastically in the last 6 years i've been visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by iloxos View Post
    These are battle grounds. In the left side there is Korea etc

Being unique doesn't make you descentants of ancient macedonians. just "macedonians" with the area-topographican meaning.

Really? And i thought i was Homers great great grandson. Whose great grandson are you? hahahaha

As for all the pics you post from 1700 and forward...

Can you IMAGINE the volume of documents we can post 1700 years BEFORE these, proving the there were no slavs in balkans?

Anyway NATO is an alliance.

You must be friendly to be an ally or have a common enemy with the rest of the group.
    Conclusion for you:

All nations on Balkans (Macedonians, Serbians, Croats, Bosnians etc..) are INDIGENOUS and they belong to the the "older" Mediterranean substratum EXCEPT YOU ETHIOPIANS, OOOOPPPPSSS SORRY, GREEKS YOU DONT BELONG HERE. You belong to the: Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles. THAT MEANS YOU ARE NOT INDIGENOUS HERE. YOU CAME HERE FROM AFRICA.
    The well known Greek propagandistic "Anthropology blog by Dienekes Pontikos" finally accepted the truth

Genetic Differences Between Macedonians in Greece and the Greeks
    American Association for the Advancement of Science
    In the genetic analysis published by the Science Magazine of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, participated Macedonians from the Macedonian minority of Northern Greece
    (Aegean Macedonia) and Greeks, among with other European nations. The research shows a drastic difference in the Y chromosome genetic composition between the Greeks and Macedonians who live in Greece, as figure 3 clearly demonstrates. This is another proof that the Macedonians (the descendents of the Macedonians of Alexander the Great) which after the occupation of southern Macedonia (Aegean Macedonia) by the Greek army in 1913 find themselves living in Greece,have genetically never been Greeks.
    Read here: http://www.historyofmacedonia.org/Co...Hromosomes.pdf

I asked once i will ask you again, do you agree to open another separate thread where we will show all our facts, you will show yours and finally to make some kind od conclusion,cause this way we are going nowhere.For every single funny fact you gave i can show you 10 more.

Speaking of NATO we are witnesses of your ally and friendly relationship with Turkey,i wonder if you have any friends among all your neighboors.
    I wont mention IGENEA or DEMOSTHENES this time

Banned user

Dear thend, are You serious or just trolling? First you say that FYROM has no territorial designs on Greece, then you talk about "Aegean Macedonia". Who is a "genetic" Greek? Who is a "genetic" Macedonian? After all those migrations that have taken place in the southern Balkans the last thing I would ressort to is Genetics.
    Last edited by The Kaiser Chief; 02-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREEK71AIRBORNE View Post
    At the other hand since when did they really become "Macedonians"
    In WWII when they welcome the Nazi troops they where "Bulgarians" and had a tablets whth the writing "One nation,(The Bulgarian nation) One King (the Bulgarian King) one Kingdom (The Bulgarian Kingdom)" meaning that they where not part of Yugoslavia (AXIS Enemy) but Bulgarians (Axis Allie)

Can anybody explain what the flag of Italian Kingdom is doing on this photo?
    And aren't these Bosnian rural costumes from western Bosnia?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by DS73 View Post
    Can anybody explain what the flag of Italian Kingdom is doing on this photo?
    And aren't these Bosnian rural costumes from western Bosnia?
    The soldiers in the Pic war German WWII uniforms, and the old Italian flag than represents Mussolini Italy...this picture is a real confession and shows the roots of this miniature nationalism. BTW thereīs also Hitlerīs pic in the middle. These are sympathizers of the German occupation...

EXCEPT YOU ETHIOPIANS, OOOOPPPPSSS SORRY, GREEKS YOU DONT BELONG HERE. You belong to the: Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles. THAT MEANS YOU ARE NOT INDIGENOUS HERE. YOU CAME HERE FROM AFRICA.
    So besides being irrendentist, you're also a racist. Can't really blame you considering the official racist propaganda that comes out of FYROM.

For the non-FYROMians it it worth watching to see what government is actually trying to get NATO membership.
    Last edited by mechin; 02-20-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Quote fix

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by mechin View Post
    For the non-FYROMians it it worth watching to see what government is actually trying to get NATO membership.
    A disgusting piece of film, isnīt it? This is not only deeply nationalistic but also inherently blasphemous...I wonder what the church says to such an instrumentalization of the faith (to be ironically turned against a nation/culture that has brought them christianity!)...