Thread: child killer might get 50,000 in compo claim

Default child killer might get 50,000 in compo claim

[LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]The killer of toddler James Bulger should not receive any compensation should it emerge he had been a victim in the phone-hacking scandal, the mother of the murdered youngster said.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Denise Fergus spoke out after learning that one of the her son's killers was planning to submit a claim for compensation after suspecting his phone had been hacked by News of the World (NOTW) journalists.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Robert Thompson, 29, who - with Jon Venables - was convicted of the murder of the James Bulger in 1993, was told by police his phone had been hacked into by NOTW journalists, it was reported.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1mujKjBmU I KNOW ITS THE DAILYMAIL BUT ITS ON MOST TALK SHOWS LOL

so what do you think should he get the money ? [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

I think the victim's family has a right to speak out against his claim, but that doesn't exempt NOTW of their crime. When NOTW decided if was ok in some cases to break the law, they started out on a path, which eventually lead them to rampant hacking and finally ended up hacking the phone of deceased victims themselves.

I've got little symphaty for this murderer, but I blame News Corp for filling his pockets.

Two different issues. And one of which was not his doing (the hacking), and since he is already paying for the child killing I dont see any issue in ensuring that the law is followed.

It just shows why you don't let the victims be in the jury...

Unless there is a law in UK preventing criminals to earn money, while in jail, you can not stop his claim.