Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nato apologises for Afghan Koran 'disposal'

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyestudio View Post
    This situation has caused me to wonder...could we not incorporate the "koran" into our body armor. Much like they did in Israel when they put bags of pig's blood on buses to try and dissuade suicide bombers. Oh, no, we can't blow up those NATO troops because if we did, we would be "burning" the koran...might be worth a try. It is kind of the opposite of hiding your weapons in the mosque.
    That's a brilliant idea. Even better, each day of their tour soldiers could tear a page out to wipe their **** with after they take a crap till there was nothing left.

The stupidity in this thread is astounding.

"The measure of one's character is greater than the depth of one's skin."....South Texas, USA

lol, careful with your "wonderings" Fisheyestudio..........You have been labeled "stupid" for wondering out loud. Keep your freedom of thought to yourself, how dare you try to have a perspective from the OPPOSITE view.

Banned user

and yet, we - Westerners are considered stupid...Not them

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    lol, careful with your "wonderings" Fisheyestudio..........You have been labeled "stupid" for wondering out loud. Keep your freedom of thought to yourself, how dare you try to have a perspective from the OPPOSITE view.
    Well, it certainly wasn't in keeping with God's message, was it?

You know; Respect and understanding?

Or is that a double standard?

"The measure of one's character is greater than the depth of one's skin."....South Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ngati Tumatauenga View Post
    Well, it certainly wasn't in keeping with God's message, was it?

You know; Respect and understanding?

Or is that a double standard?
    Reguarding the topic of this thread, it was an accident.....there is no "intended" disrespect involved....just a F'up when put into context. For Understanding, one needs to be able to wonder, and think with one's own mind. As far as "God's message" go's, it seems there is obviously a disagreement about said message, and this seems to be the major conflict as a whole. BUT, that is just my stupid wonderings, I show you respect by answering your questions honestly and sincerly, If you can't understand them, then I will never judge you for that.

Reguarding the topic of this thread, it was an accident.....there is no "intended" disrespect involved....just a F'up when put into context.
    You were there, were you?

For Understanding, one needs to be able to wonder, and think with one's own mind.
    No need to wonder about the efficacy of further insulting a nations religious beliefs through the medium of intentionally disrespecting their Holy book, when the evidence of the outcome is plain for all to see. That kind of wondering is stupid.

As far as "God's message" go's, it seems there is obviously a disagreement about said message, and this seems to be the major conflict as a whole. BUT, that is just my stupid wonderings, I show you respect by answering your questions honestly and sincerly, If you can't understand them, then I will never judge you for that.
    No need to act so persecuted, it's not as If I burned your bible...

You were there, were you?
    Are you mad at me? I only ask, because it "seems" the question is sarcasm. I will say, I doubt anyone in this thread was, as no one has given a first hand account, including yourself. I'm mearly going off the tread topic article concerning the question of intent.....they said sorry, they F'ed up.

No need to wonder about the efficacy of further insulting a nations religious beliefs through the medium of intentionally disrespecting their Holy book, when the evidence of the outcome is plain for all to see. That kind of wondering is stupid.
    UM, that is your interpertation of wonderings, I saw the wondering more as using their own backwardness in our favor. AND for you I must clarify, that I am not calling all muslims backward, just the ones who go killing in the name of THEIR beliefs/holy book.

No need to act so persecuted, it's not as If I burned your bible...
    You need not worry about me feeling "persecuted" as MY faith is between me and the lord. I don't feel the need to kill others to defend God Almighty....He's almighty... nor am I worried about being judged by anyone but him. My bible being burned would never have an affect on the message, me, or my opinions. Lastly, I don't fear your position, and will freely be HONEST to myself and you. I will end this here with you, because it seems "to me" it is getting personal and, you are upset with me. I may be stupid, but I can reconize a "fight" I have no chance to win. Peace be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    I am a Christian but I am not about to go killing and rioting because some azz burned the bible. .
    Different country different rules. According to Islamic rules means sharia Koran burning or similar disrespectfull actions to holy book are required death penalty . That penalty is beheading.

Quote Originally Posted by mokokko View Post
    Different country different rules. According to Islamic rules means sharia Koran burning or similar disrespectfull actions to holy book are required death penalty . That penalty is beheading.
    It is also about peace and mercy. Just like with christianity, the followers can pretty much do whatever they want, and find a suitable verse in their holy book to justify it. Chopping off heads or helping the poor - it's all covered. What the religion is 'really' all about, is up to you.

Are you mad at me? I only ask, because it "seems" the question is sarcasm.
    you are upset with me
    Virtually impossible to have a useful conversation with someone this confused. You should work on that.

I will say, I doubt anyone in this thread was, as no one has given a first hand account, including yourself. I'm mearly going off the tread topic article concerning the question of intent.....they said sorry, they F'ed up.
    So short answer, you weren't there. Cool, that's all I needed. No requirement to try and drag everyone else in this thread, including me.

UM, that is your interpertation of wonderings, I saw the wondering more as using their own backwardness in our favor. AND for you I must clarify, that I am not calling all muslims backward, just the ones who go killing in the name of THEIR beliefs/holy book.
    Yes it is my interpretation, based on my practical, firsthand experience. Feel free to have that stupid 'wondering' assessed by anyone else with even a modicum of personally gained knowledge of the people and culture in Afghanistan.

You need not worry about me feeling "persecuted" as MY faith is between me and the lord. I don't feel the need to kill others to defend God Almighty....He's almighty... nor am I worried about being judged by anyone but him. My bible being burned would never have an affect on the message, me, or my opinions. Lastly, I don't fear your position, and will freely be HONEST to myself and you. I will end this here with you, because it seems "to me" it is getting personal and, you are upset with me. I may be stupid, but I can reconize a "fight" I have no chance to win. Peace be with you.
    You really do live under a cloud of confusion, don't you?

I am in no way, shape or form worried about you or your feelings. And I find it difficult to understand how you construed that from what ive typed. Neither am I concerned whether or not you fear my position.

Interesting to see you make excuses to end your part of this conversation (which you suddenly call a fight) by claiming, persecution.

How convenient.

Virtually impossible to have a useful conversation with someone this confused. You should work on that.

So short answer, you weren't there. Cool, that's all I needed. No requirement to try and drag everyone else in this thread, including me.

Yes it is my interpretation, based on my practical, firsthand experience. Feel free to have that stupid 'wondering' assessed by anyone else with even a modicum of personally gained knowledge of the people and culture in Afghanistan.

You really do live under a cloud of confusion, don't you?

I am in no way, shape or form worried about you or your feelings. And I find it difficult to understand how you construed that from what ive typed. Neither am I concerned whether or not you fear my position.

Interesting to see you make excuses to end your part of this conversation (which you suddenly call a fight) by claiming, persecution.

How convenient.
    EDIT:..I concede to you this topic/subject in order to move forward. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sideline; 02-23-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by mathyou8 View Post
    and yet, we - Westerners are considered stupid...Not them
    or

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein quotes

Seems stupidity for some is a human virtue.

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

How did this become widely spread that a book got mistakenly burned?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    How did this become widely spread that a book got mistakenly burned?
    "Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own set of laws."

- Douglas Adams

Two US (tweeter said) killed in Kabul today !

Two westerners 'killed' in Kabul shooting - officials

Two Westerners have been killed in a shooting at the ministry of interior building in the Afghan capital Kabul, security officials say.
    The incident reportedly took place in the main command and control centre at the building.
    Reports say the two dead were Nato advisors.
    Senior officials say they are investigating who opened fire. Local media reports suggest the incident followed a "verbal clash".
    The ministry has been put under lock-down, officials say.