Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76

Thread: Julia Gillard vs Kevin Rudd

  1. #1
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default Julia Gillard vs Kevin Rudd

    The leadership crisis is coming to a head here in Australia.

    Do you think it is prudent for Julia Gillard to sack Kevin Rudd?
    Do you think it is prudent for her to keep him?

    A completely wild theory I have is, would Kevin Rudd join the Liberal party if he does get sacked, is he allowed to do that and does that then mean we have a hung parliament again?

    Sorry, I am not really au fait with how it all works and am relying more on the collective knowledge of those who post on this board regularly.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    How about the ALP form circle and play Russian Roulette with a machine gun? They can invite the Greens in the spirit of Multi-culturalism

  3. #3
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE THOR View Post
    How about the ALP form circle and play Russian Roulette with a machine gun? They can invite the Greens in the spirit of Multi-culturalism
    Sounds like fun as long as Bob Brown is first to go...I have never been one for extreme acts but I could possibly make an exception for that man

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Who genuinely cares? I wish the media would find something else to report on.

  5. #5
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    I genuinely care. It's the future leadership of our country, you not remotely interested in that?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    KNIVES OUT: Julia Gillard expected to sack Kevin Rudd in showdown next week
    CABINET minister Greg Combet declared "enough is enough" today as he and other top supporters of Julia Gillard called for an end to the ongoing leadership speculation.
    That word in bold is dead on.

    They are from the same party, the policies are (roughly) the same just a different head on the chopping block if something fails. It's a public ***** fight, and yes I'm interested in the leadership of our country, when its voting time.

  7. #7
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyTiny View Post
    That word in bold is dead on.

    They are from the same party, the policies are (roughly) the same just a different head on the chopping block if something fails. Its a public ***** fight, and yes I'm interested in the leadership of our country, when its voting time.
    Kevin Rudd has always been liberal in his views anyway hence the reason the union supported Gillard (oh and the mining tax breaks). "If" he joined the Libs would that not mean a hung parliament and then election time again? I can't remember if Labour are two seats up or only one at the moment since Wilkie withdrew his support. Yes its speculation but it could change everything depending on what she decides to do next week.

    As I mentioned above I am not very on the ball when it comes to politics hence I am asking genuine questions as to whether it is possible or not to do that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member themacedonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,655

    Default

    So she sacks him out of the job. Based on what justification? For doing a bad job? I think she is a weak leader and guided by people in the background.

  9. #9
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    So she sacks him out of the job. Based on what justification? For doing a bad job? I think she is a weak leader and guided by people in the background.
    For plotting to challenge her for the leadership, kind of ironic

  10. #10
    Senior Member themacedonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    For plotting to challenge her for the leadership, kind of ironic
    Has he failed his current job? She was pushed first time around and she is pushed right now. It would be nice if Kevin preempts it.

  11. #11
    Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    Has he failed his current job? She was pushed first time around and she is pushed right now. It would be nice if Kevin preempts it.
    Absolutely and that is why she comes across as a puppet, do this Julia, do that Julia - doesn't look good

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    As I mentioned above I am not very on the ball when it comes to politics hence I am asking genuine questions as to whether it is possible or not to do that.
    Sure and I respect that they are genuine questions, I just dislike those who base questions on speculation creating more speculation. Not even the media who everyone knows blow most things out of proportion is suggesting a hung parliament. Each to his own I guess, have fun.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Elliott70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyTiny View Post
    Who genuinely cares? I wish the media would find something else to report on.
    Same. Isn't there more important sh1t to be worried about?

    1. Julia says she is not worried by the speculation and has the support of the caucus.
    2. Kev says he doesn't want the job and is happy being Foreign Minister

    End of story until something does happen. Time for the muppedia to let it go.

  14. #14
    Member steyr_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I don't like either of them.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Oh look he resigned, so much for the speculation he would be sacked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •