Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Julia Gillard vs Kevin Rudd

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

Default Julia Gillard vs Kevin Rudd

The leadership crisis is coming to a head here in Australia.

Do you think it is prudent for Julia Gillard to sack Kevin Rudd?
    Do you think it is prudent for her to keep him?

A completely wild theory I have is, would Kevin Rudd join the Liberal party if he does get sacked, is he allowed to do that and does that then mean we have a hung parliament again?

Sorry, I am not really au fait with how it all works and am relying more on the collective knowledge of those who post on this board regularly.

How about the ALP form circle and play Russian Roulette with a machine gun? They can invite the Greens in the spirit of Multi-culturalism

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE THOR View Post
    How about the ALP form circle and play Russian Roulette with a machine gun? They can invite the Greens in the spirit of Multi-culturalism
    Sounds like fun as long as Bob Brown is first to go...I have never been one for extreme acts but I could possibly make an exception for that man

Who genuinely cares? I wish the media would find something else to report on.

I genuinely care. It's the future leadership of our country, you not remotely interested in that?

KNIVES OUT: Julia Gillard expected to sack Kevin Rudd in showdown next week
    CABINET minister Greg Combet declared "enough is enough" today as he and other top supporters of Julia Gillard called for an end to the ongoing leadership speculation.
    That word in bold is dead on.

They are from the same party, the policies are (roughly) the same just a different head on the chopping block if something fails. It's a public ***** fight, and yes I'm interested in the leadership of our country, when its voting time.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyTiny View Post
    That word in bold is dead on.

They are from the same party, the policies are (roughly) the same just a different head on the chopping block if something fails. Its a public ***** fight, and yes I'm interested in the leadership of our country, when its voting time.
    Kevin Rudd has always been liberal in his views anyway hence the reason the union supported Gillard (oh and the mining tax breaks). "If" he joined the Libs would that not mean a hung parliament and then election time again? I can't remember if Labour are two seats up or only one at the moment since Wilkie withdrew his support. Yes its speculation but it could change everything depending on what she decides to do next week.

As I mentioned above I am not very on the ball when it comes to politics hence I am asking genuine questions as to whether it is possible or not to do that.

So she sacks him out of the job. Based on what justification? For doing a bad job? I think she is a weak leader and guided by people in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    So she sacks him out of the job. Based on what justification? For doing a bad job? I think she is a weak leader and guided by people in the background.
    For plotting to challenge her for the leadership, kind of ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    For plotting to challenge her for the leadership, kind of ironic
    Has he failed his current job? She was pushed first time around and she is pushed right now. It would be nice if Kevin preempts it.

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    Has he failed his current job? She was pushed first time around and she is pushed right now. It would be nice if Kevin preempts it.
    Absolutely and that is why she comes across as a puppet, do this Julia, do that Julia - doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    As I mentioned above I am not very on the ball when it comes to politics hence I am asking genuine questions as to whether it is possible or not to do that.
    Sure and I respect that they are genuine questions, I just dislike those who base questions on speculation creating more speculation. Not even the media who everyone knows blow most things out of proportion is suggesting a hung parliament. Each to his own I guess, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyTiny View Post
    Who genuinely cares? I wish the media would find something else to report on.
    Same. Isn't there more important sh1t to be worried about?

1. Julia says she is not worried by the speculation and has the support of the caucus.
    2. Kev says he doesn't want the job and is happy being Foreign Minister

End of story until something does happen. Time for the muppedia to let it go.

I don't like either of them.

Oh look he resigned, so much for the speculation he would be sacked.