Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Russia Tells Norway To Keep Aegis BMD System off Vessels

Banned user

Ships belong to countries and they should't ask anyone what to install on them. A treaty on nuclear weapons(like if you can deploy nukes to the earth)is something else...

Quote Originally Posted by MUSHROOM123 View Post
    Ships belong to countries and they should't ask anyone what to install on them.
    Do I need to spell it out? I feel like I am getting trolled.

The Treaty put strict limits on both the tonnage and construction of capital ships and aircraft carriers, and also contained limits on the size of individual ships.
    The tonnage limits defined in Articles IV and VII (tabulated) gave a strength ratio of approximately 5:5:3:2:2 between Britain, the USA, Japan, Italy and France.
    The qualitative limits on each type of ship were as follows;
    • Capital ships (battleships and battlecruisers) were limited to 35,000 tons standard displacement and [SIZE=4]guns of no larger than 16-inch calibre.[/SIZE] (Articles V and VI)
    • Aircraft carriers were limited to 27,000 tons and could carry [SIZE=4]no more than 10 heavy guns, of a maximum calibre of 8 inches[/SIZE]. However, each signatory was allowed to use two existing capital ship hulls for aircraft carriers, with a displacement limit of 33,000 tons each. (Articles IX and X)
    • All other warships were limited to a maximum displacement of 10,000 tons and a[SIZE=4] maximum gun calibre of 8 inches.[/SIZE] (Articles XI and XII)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Naval_Treaty

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by artjomh View Post
    Why you don't bring a treaty from the Bible era?

The Washington Naval Treaty, also known as the Five-Power Treaty, [SIZE=7]was[/SIZE] a treaty to limit naval construction and prevent an arms race among the victorious powers in the wake of World War I. The treaty was negotiated at the Washington ers of other categories of warships, including cruisers, destroyers and submarines, were not limited by the treaty but could only be built up to 10,000 tons displacement.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Banned user

Write in English and don't bring outdated treaties...

Ships belong to countries and they should't ask anyone what to install on them. A treaty on nuclear weapons(like if you can deploy nukes to the earth)is something else...
    Well , Iranians think that their nuclear programe is their sovereign right (and civillian programe is indeed a right) and shoudn`t ask anyone to go ahead with it.... so you see different countries=different objections.

A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada

Bah all this talking doesn't mean a thing. We've (Russia) been having pretty good relationships with our Scandinavian neighbours. Hell we even settled a territorial dispute with norway a year or so ago.
    This is probably pandering to the electorate before the elections.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by zg18 View Post
    Well , Iranians think that their nuclear programe is their sovereign right (and civillian programe is indeed a right) and shoudn`t ask anyone to go ahead with it.... so you see different countries=different objections.
    It's their right,but not nukes.

It's their right,but not nukes.
    But they claim they don`t develop nukes, even if that is true ,all parties with some interest want to control every step Iran is making in that sphere. I simply don`t see any difference ,yes Norway can put what ever they like in their ships like Iran has a right to develope nuclear programme like all other countries before them but you see things are not so simple. Legimitimate concerns and objections do exist to balance such situations if some third country feels it`s national security or interest are being threatened even if we talk about sovereign rights.

peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns

ArtJ, you are getting trolled.

A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by artjomh View Post
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?
    Shame on me I had to google that

I find this amusing, given how Russia boasts about their new missiles that they claim can penetrate ballistic missile defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    I find this amusing, given how Russia boasts about their new missiles that they claim can penetrate ballistic missile defenses.
    Given that said missiles have not fully replaced older missiles and BMDs by nature of competition would force them to step up replacement programs and updatates its not that amusing as it is logical

Banned user

i will buy a car next week, but maybe i should ask russia first ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Print View Post
    i will buy a car next week, but maybe i should ask russia first ? lol
    Ask KSA they dont like female drivers