Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muslim Admits to Attacking Atheist; Muslim Judge Dismisses Case

Hoots mon there's a moose loose aboot this hoose.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    I'd assume that an appeals court would overturn that in a red hot second. I'd hope anyway.
    This is for the judge to be disbarred and worse.

**** him. Now i hope I'm not extradited.

He's not really a 'judge' in the sense you would normally think. He is district Justice. Kind of what we in Pa. would think of as a local 'judge'.

But this one, like many has never been a lawyer, gone to Law School. Nor ever been a judge prior.

In pa. you can be one by taking a course. Which can be completed in a few days. He is elected.

I heard the tape. He allowed both sides to tape his lecture directed to the man who was assualted. He was out of line.

The person who was attacked took a lawyer.......and here is the kicker. The District Justice called the lawyer and threatened him with contempt
    if he ever played that tape in public. He could do that, but the lawyer said 'on air' said to him (the Dist. Justice) "go ahead, come after me" we'll see what happens.

The lawyer would probably get him run out of office, if this ever went farther.

In pa. this kind of 'court' is sometimes just in a little office in the back of someones home, or a little store in a *****

Not in a normal courthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    He's not really a 'judge' in the sense you would normally think. He is district Justice. Kind of what we in Pa. would think of as a local 'judge'.
    We have lay magistrates (Justice of the Peace) who perform a similar role here in Scotland and the clerk is usually a qualified legal professional. This not happen over there?

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post

But this one, like many has never been a lawyer, gone to Law School. Nor ever been a judge prior.

In pa. you can be one by taking a course. Which can be completed in a few days. He is elected.

I heard the tape. He allowed both sides to tape his lecture directed to the man who was assualted. He was out of line.

The person who was attacked took a lawyer.......and here is the kicker. The District Justice called the lawyer and threatened him with contempt
    if he ever played that tape in public. He could do that, but the lawyer said 'on air' said to him (the Dist. Justice) "go ahead, come after me" we'll see what happens.

The lawyer would probably get him run out of office, if this ever went farther.

In pa. this kind of 'court' is sometimes just in a little office in the back of someones home, or a little store in a *****

Not in a normal courthouse.
    Do they still get sworn in and have all the duties that "regular" judges have? I don't think I've ever heard of that in any of the states I've lived in before (KY, TN, SC, NC). Maybe a PA thing...

A raging feminist's trauma haunts me to this day

I'd assume that an appeals court would overturn that in a red hot second. I'd hope anyway.
    But who is going to appeal what? The charges were dismissed, I think that's the end of it.

Donít think thatís an option given the protection of not being re-tried under ďDouble JeopardyĒ.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

True. My bad. Especially in light of what toad wrote.

Maybe he used the Chewbacca defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujo2000 View Post
    Do they still get sworn in and have all the duties that "regular" judges have? I don't think I've ever heard of that in any of the states I've lived in before (KY, TN, SC, NC). Maybe a PA thing...

District judges, sometimes known as Magistrates courts where they are held, operate at a local level and can handle low level cases. I believe folks can opt to be tried in a higher “regular” court if they so desire, but the penalties can be higher. I once worked for a produce huckster who was also a Magistrate but had not even graduated from high school, he was a fair and well respected member of his community in Maryland.

An analogy to an Article 15 vs. a full Courts Marshal can be made.

US Agency for Reality Interpretation. No! Thats not a white elephant you see, move along!

Fantastic! With judical folks like this judge, I may as well be living in Pakistan! (consider that the judge is a muslim, just dandy.)

Default Judge in Pennsylvania throws out assault case because victim "provoked Islam"

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-mus...210000330.html

COMMENTARY | Jonathon Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, reports on a disturbing case in which a state judge in Pennsylvania threw out an assault case involving a Muslim attacking an atheist for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Judge Mark Martin, an Iraq war veteran and a convert to Islam, threw the case out in what appears to be an invocation of Sharia law.
    The incident occurred at the Mechanicsburg, Pa., Halloween parade where Ernie Perce, an atheist activist, marched as a zombie Muhammad. Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim, attacked Perce, and he was arrested by police.

Judge Martin threw the case out on the grounds that Elbayomy was obligated to attack Perce because of his culture and religion. Judge Martin stated that the First Amendment of the Constitution does not permit people to provoke other people. He also called Perce, the plaintiff in the case, a "doofus." In effect, Perce was the perpetrator of the assault, in Judge Martin's view, and Elbayomy the innocent. The Sharia law that the Muslim attacker followed trumped the First Amendment.
    http://jonathanturley.org/2012/02/24...ctim-a-doofus/

Oh yeah, and the whole assault was caught on videotape too.

A raging feminist's trauma haunts me to this day

After reading several articles on the issue have come to the conclusion the atheist had it coming, not because he's an atheist, but because he's an ass. The judge is apparently not Muslim either according to his receptionist. The Sentinel sums it up better than OpposingViews does.

http://cumberlink.com/news/local/***...9bb2963f4.html

Gather has some on the judge.
    http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474981141131

Quote Originally Posted by West Texican View Post
    After reading several articles on the issue have come to the conclusion the atheist had it coming, not because he's an atheist, but because he's an ass. The judge is apparently not Muslim either according to his receptionist. The Sentinel sums it up better than OpposingViews does.
    Oh, he's totally a *******. And judging from the video he's probably a whiny, wimpy little punk too, since he claims he was being choked when you can hear him talking at the same time. Plus, the very concept of atheists having a parade just to mock other religions is a pretty obnoxious thing to do. I mean, what are they, 10 years old?

But the reasoning of this judge is still pretty disturbing.

On the audio, Martin appears to tell the purported victim, Ernest Perce V, that he is a Muslim, and that Perce's actions were "very, very, very offensive" to the faith. Martin said Tuesday he was trying to make the point that people who are Muslim would be offended, an opinion based on the Army reservist lieutenant colonel's two tours of duty in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

Most of the complaints he's fielded suggest he went easy on Talaag Elbayomy as a fellow Muslim, and argue he should have recused himself, Martin said.

"In actuality, I'm a Christian," Martin, a Lutheran, told The Associated Press. "Does that mean I should recuse myself in all cases that involve Christians?"
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...ge_goes_viral/