Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falkland Islands: Argentina To Court Scottish Support As Salmond Plans Referendum

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

Default Falkland Islands: Argentina To Court Scottish Support As Salmond Plans Referendum

Quote Originally Posted by The Huffington Post UK
    Argentina is to attempt to forge an alliance with an independent Scotland as part of its campaign to claim to the Falkland Islands, it has been reported. As Alex Salmond makes plans for a referendum on independence, Argentina is considering sending a delegation of officials to Scotland.

According to The Sun, president Cristina Kirchner's political aide Carlos Kunkel said yesterday: "We are analysing the possibility of sending a delegation."

Argentina reportedly plans to time the visit to coincide with the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn in 2014. The landmark date marks the triumph of Robert the Bruce over the English in 1314, dramatised most famously (but somewhat inaccurately) in the film Braveheart.
    Full Article: [*******#222222]The Huffington Post UK[/COLOR]
    Last edited by NovocastrianUK; 02-23-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Fixed link (stupid bloody iPad!)

I was like "WT.." but yes, itīs on some local media also

http://www.lacapital.com.ar/politica...0219-0035.html

Cristina Kirchner's political aide Carlos Kunkel said yesterday: "We are analysing the possibility of sending a delegation."
    Perhaps the Scots Guards and SAMA would send a 'delegation' to the airport to greet them?

I really hope this is true. Not only will it demonstrate further hypocrisy of ''causa malvinas'', but will also damage the credibility of that treacherous little scrote Salmond.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

Argentina can talk to who they want but I wonder how Scottish Falkland vets feel about this.

But .. but ... isnīt it contradictory ?

I mean, the main FI argument is that they want to gain self-determination, but Cristina is looking for support from somebody who also wants self-determination !

I wonder what Argentina would do if the Falklands would leave the UK with Scotland.

Sweet. A new and improved auld alliance.

Would be political suicide for Salmond to agree to such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post

I mean, the main FI argument is that they want to gain self-determination, but Cristina is looking for support from somebody who also wants self-determination !
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Wahnsinn View Post
    Would be political suicide for Salmond to agree to such a thing.
    =

Exactly. What the h*ll ?

?

Maybe the UK can fund & support some Argentine groups which want to break away from Greater Argentina? maybe some of the Oppressed indigenegous peoples or those living near Chile....

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Maybe the UK can fund & support some Argentine groups which want to break away from Greater Argentina? maybe some of the Oppressed indigenegous peoples or those living near Chile....
    Actually ...

Unusual: Chilean people want to be adopted by Argentina
    http://www.acercandonaciones.com/en/news/insolito-pueblo-chileno-quiere-ser-adoptado-por-la-argentina.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=insolito-pueblo-chileno-quiere-ser-adoptado-por-la-argentina

Lol. I hope they do send a delegation, just because I would love to see the mental contortions necessary to argue the two contradictory positions: self-determination for Scotland but NOT for the Falkland Islands. I think Britain should actually welcome them, and then publicize the hypocrisy.

Confirmed civvie. Head down, arse up, taking cover firmly behind the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    There are enough Welshmen living in Patagonia, perhaps The UK Gov' could start there?

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post

Quite! If she was consistent she would support the facist ironfisted English rule over Scotland since that is the goverment structure she seeks for the Falklands.

Quote Originally Posted by CJvR View Post
    Quite! If she was consistent she would support the facist ironfisted English rule over Scotland since that is the goverment structure she seeks for the Falklands.

Worse than that, Argentine policy would be that the Falklands become part of Tierra del Fuego Province, to ensure that any pretense of democratic voice is smothered.