Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans love to hate California

Quote Originally Posted by Mein Teil View Post
    But at least in Quebec you have retarded hot women that will have *** with you for no reason at all and give you strange diseases...wait, yeah they're exactly the same.
    More like retarded pig-like women, not to mention all the brain-dead dope heads around here

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    More like retarded pig-like women, not to mention all the brain-dead dope heads around here
    You live near a reservation don't you, lol.

You live near a reservation don't you, lol.
    Those damn Indians, or is it Native Americans?
    But seriously, lots of people I went to school with turned out to be bums. (the pot-smoking, peace-loving type)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Those damn Indians, or is it Native Americans?
    But seriously, lots of people I went to school with turned out to be bums. (the pot-smoking, peace-loving type)
    Man, I hate that stereotype. I use the stuff medicinally and I want to kill everything I see. Ain't no bum here, either. Honor student all the way. whoop whoop.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Honor student all the way. whoop whoop...
    ...know anything about gerbils

...know anything about gerbils
    hahaha...shhh

All I know about California is "Arnold Schwarzenegger". Judging by this thread it's good to be this ignorant.

Banned user

UC Berkeley isn't as liberal as people make it out to be. In general the undergrads are pretty close to the mainstream, meaning they are mostly interested in getting grades to move on to mba/law/medicine etc. Sure there are pockets of students who are extremely liberal but in general UC Berkeley isn't as bad. One sure proof is the ratio of Asian-Americans attending UC Berkeley (over 40% while only 12% of CA is asian), who are not known for being rebellious.

Btw, UC's population of Asian-Americans went up noticeably once admission office was banned from using race as a factor in picking students.

Imo it's the population around UC Berkeley, especially the city council, and the visitors from SF (mostly people who are just nostalgic for the past). So, please stop bashing UC Berkeley.

And lastly, people should just admit they are perhaps just envious what CA has. EVERY visitor from outside of CA (mostly east coast) comment how great the weather is.

Banned user

Because Americans have a problem with other people having a choice in how they live their lives and California is very liberal AND prosperous? It's a living FU to other poor and ignorant states. California is prosperous because it is liberal and tolerant and attracts smart people who want to live there and smart people tend to be liberal... closed loop.

Banned user

So Berkley students tend to be against war and many Americans find that distastefull? OK.

I Always said that if California was to separate from the US it would be one of the best countries in the world to live in... and most prosperous.

California is prosperous right now? What the **** are you talking about?

Damn, must have been a different state that I lived in for 7 years. Isnt California going bankrupt? How could that be most prosperous?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by ofpbhd View Post
    California is prosperous right now? What the **** are you talking about?
    Economy size. Their problems are structural and can be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by NPFF View Post
    Economy size. Their problems are structural and can be solved.
    Like junglejim said, they're bankrupt. That's not prosperous.

Quote Originally Posted by NPFF View Post
    Because Americans have a problem with other people having a choice in how they live their lives and California is very liberal AND prosperous? It's a living FU to other poor and ignorant states. California is prosperous because it is liberal and tolerant and attracts smart people who want to live there and smart people tend to be liberal... closed loop.
    Are you freaking kidding me? Other "poor and ignorant states". Geez.

Just because other states pass different laws doesn't make them ignorant. I think folks in California are probably more ignorant than the rest of the population of the United States and I'm from here. People here suck. A lot of the laws suck. The only thing California really has had going for it lately is getting taxes from medical marijuana. It's the largest cash crop here. It's just about the only area of business that's actually doing well in this state, and that's pretty sad. Just because we have Silicon Valley doesn't mean the state is doing great.

And prosperity? Where? Just because it has a large economy, doesn't mean it's doing well. America has a large economy and it's not doing so well either.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_910358.html

This place is slowly becoming the People's Republic of California.

Just look at how they try to sucker people into going on a vacation here.

[*******#333333]California is prosperous because it is liberal and tolerant and attracts smart people who want to live there and smart people tend to be liberal... closed loop.[/COLOR]
    Uh huh.