Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeb Bush: "I used to be a Conservative..."

We in Florida miss Jeb. He's got my vote when he runs. The guy really is a breath of fresh air IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Herman was never serious. He was on a book tour. He was Sarah Palin with a pimp hat. *****ing guy probably did try to fingerbang all those broads.
    Did try? I'm certain he was successful on many counts.

*****ing guy probably did try to fingerbang all those broads.
    So? What's wrong with that?

homos getting married or some dink worried about birth control in the "****** realm" don't affect me in the least.

I thought Herman Cain came off as an amateur at best and I could never comprehend, why he was celebrated for his oratory skills.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    So? What's wrong with that?
    I don't care. Maybe his wife does. Dude was ridiculous, he had no concept of foreign relations, didn't even know who we are at war with, or where Libya was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    I think it is in part caused by the partisan political process, candidates must differentiate themselves from their opponent. So we eventually get two extreme opposing camps. The moderates in both parties loose. Maybe it is time for The Rise of the Moderates.
    Its caused as much by the primary process as it is anything and the Republicans new desire to have more "Winner take all" delegates, primaries. Because of this approach you get a primary season where you try to appeal to who think the majority of your party is or who will vote at the primary. Compound this with the the fact that those who actually show up and vote in primaries tend to be the angriest and loudest of voters. What you then get is a candidate who appeals to a vocal minority that shows up on primary day, but who could never win a general election.

And BTW this is not a GOP only problem. If the Democratic party fragments into distinct camps you will see the same thing. The advantage the dems have for now in this process is that they are fairly unified and their primary system uses proportional allotment.

I saw Huntsman all butt hurt on MSN saying he was thinking of running independent.
    I like Jeb and ya, I said it.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    I saw Huntsman all butt hurt on MSN saying he was thinking of running independent.
    I like Jeb and ya, I said it.
    I saw him too and he kept rejecting running, he simply said we need one, because he realizes that the current system is stupid. Jeb probably is more like Huntsman than the current crop of assheads. Huntsman is a smart man with excellent foreign policy credentials. Romney is just weird, his wife drives "a couple of Cadillacs", oooooh so US first, as if that resonates with some family that has one car with a *****ed up alternator in the middle of winter. Did you see the latest interview where Santorum's freakish Stepford wife proclaims that a 2nd term by Obama will end the country? Like it's Biblical prophecy? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    As someone who considers himself a moderate I'd say the Dems are doing this better than the Repubs right now. W won because he did moved to the middle better than Kerry or Gore. Whoever moves just enough to the middle wins. The problem for the R party right now is only those on the super far right can win the primaries. As left as most here think Obama is he's really much closer to the middle and that's why he won and will win again IMO.

hank
    I agree with you. Some conservatives I know feel the same way too. Moderates are more comfortable with O than any Rs that are currently running.

Liberal cl, IIRC poles are more of guess right now that anything else. The real pole is in November. I am not good a guessing but I think Hank nailed it. Unless the R's can find a candidate that does not come off as extreme right, O will win again.

Quote Originally Posted by subotai View Post
    Its caused as much by the primary process as it is anything and the Republicans new desire to have more "Winner take all" delegates, primaries. Because of this approach you get a primary season where you try to appeal to who think the majority of your party is or who will vote at the primary. Compound this with the the fact that those who actually show up and vote in primaries tend to be the angriest and loudest of voters. What you then get is a candidate who appeals to a vocal minority that shows up on primary day, but who could never win a general election.

And BTW this is not a GOP only problem. If the Democratic party fragments into distinct camps you will see the same thing. The advantage the dems have for now in this process is that they are fairly unified and their primary system uses proportional allotment.
    I agree, you have some excellent points. The thing that is probably holding the D's together, is that the incumbent is theirs. If this was a 2008 election, the Ds could very well do the same.

I saw him too and he kept rejecting running, he simply said we need one, because he realizes that the current system is stupid. Jeb probably is more like Huntsman than the current crop of assheads. Huntsman is a smart man with excellent foreign policy credentials. Romney is just weird, his wife drives "a couple of Cadillacs", oooooh so US first, as if that resonates with some family that has one car with a *****ed up alternator in the middle of winter. Did you see the latest interview where Santorum's freakish Stepford wife proclaims that a 2nd term by Obama will end the country? Like it's Biblical prophecy? Seriously?
    I hear you CJ but it is too late for any newbies and Huntsman sound better and better each day.

[SIZE=2][FONT=verdana][*******#222222][FONT=Tahoma]My question, what the heck is a moderate? As it looks to me that both party leaderships are pretty darn extreme in the same corrupt, collectivist direction. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Banned user

After this presidential elections, neither political parties will commit fratricide with 20 primary debates.Instead of a race to the top, it has been a race to the bottom.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    After this presidential elections, neither political parties will commit fratricide with 20 primary debates.Instead of a race to the top, it has been a race to the bottom.
    My fellow Americans....please help speed up my relative'ss race to replace America as the dominant economic power in the world....MORE SUPER PACS PLZ.

Friend of my family, their son is on his way becoming one of the few Chinese American lobbysts on the hill (finishing law school). More power to him, make $$$$$$ selling America out to the mainland. I swear, they <3 Republicans and Raeganomics in China, they all acknowledge that we're doing the work for them. Just my rant....

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    We in Florida miss Jeb. He's got my vote when he runs. The guy really is a breath of fresh air IMO.
    I dunno, I like Rick Scott, I wish he was more extremists. I want people in our state to feel the pain economically so they'd STFU about rambling about taxes when we DONT have state income taxes. Because we gouge tourists.

PS. Ron Paul for prezzzzz

You can blame the evil media, the Medicis, the Illuminati, the Jews, whoever the hell you want, but rising level of GOP insanity and idiocy is mainly due to the voters themselves. This trend has been increasing and becoming more radical since the inception of the Teabagger party and the rise of Palin and her clones, Bachmann and O'Donnel.

The voting bloc of these morons is what propells the news media to report on them. You can see the voter insanity yourself, very recently in fact. During the 1st or 2nd GOP debate, there was a gay soldier that called into the debate. The f-ktard audience started booing this guy because he was gay, even though the guy was calling in from a dingy base in Baghdad, putting his life on the line so religious demagogues like Santorum can go around and condemn people.

the second example of this deepening radicalization of the GOP voter base was evident in the last debate, when Mittbot and Paul grilled Santorum on some spending bills, Santorum acknowledged that he had to work as part of a team and compromise on some bills. Again, the audience starts booing. Compromise is a dirty word. Ideology is all the rage these days. Meanwhile, Rome is burning and GOP is busy fiddling over who's more 'conservative'.