Thread: Hunting for Taliban spotters - Barrett M107 .50 BMG Rifle & Mk211 RAUFOSS

Default Hunting for Taliban spotters - Barrett M107 .50 BMG Rifle & Mk211 RAUFOSS

U.S. Sniper creating as much standoff distance as possible with the Barrett M107 SASR Sniper Rifle loaded with the Mk211 RAUFOSS ammunition against Taliban IDF spotters and snipers at a Combat Outpost in Afghanistan, near the border with Pakistan. The M107 loaded with the Mk211 RAUFOSS is a very effective weapon as the Mk211 is a multi-purpose round that can be used on both soft and hard targets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xr-BSAyZmZ0

It seemed more like target practice than a fight. I didn't see or hear any IDF, and usually when your getting rockets or mortars you don't have people sitting on the roof of a building and stuff.

Nothing like shooting a Barrett and having some apple pie sitting in the background just waiting for you. mmmmmmm

Nominated for Dumbass of the month. marius's Avatar

Even if it be target practice I am surprized that he doesn't opt for a more stable position to shoot from.

Must be Thanksgiving or Christmas with all those pies!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    and usually when your getting rockets or mortars you don't have people sitting on the roof of a building and stuff.
    Not to mention the lack of pink underwear.

What I don't get is the complete lack of adequate earpro. Everyone in SOF is issued noise cancelling Peltors or Sordins and everyone uses them, yet in the regular Army and Marines they are either not allowed or no one seems to have heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Shepard View Post
    What I don't get is the complete lack of adequate earpro. Everyone in SOF is issued noise cancelling Peltors or Sordins and everyone uses them, yet in the regular Army and Marines they are either not allowed or no one seems to have heard of them.
    My guess is the cost. Why issue normal infantrymen $150+ headsets when they can give them earplugs that probably cost $2 at the most? Plus some people tolerate noise differently I guess, maybe he isn't particularly bothered by the sound of the weapon firing....or his hearing is already damaged to the point where it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezee View Post
    My guess is the cost. Why issue normal infantrymen $150+ headsets when they can give them earplugs that probably cost $2 at the most? Plus some people tolerate noise differently I guess, maybe he isn't particularly bothered by the sound of the weapon firing....or his hearing is already damaged to the point where it doesn't matter.
    Soldiers definitely buy individual gear way more expensive than a pair of high end Peltors, you'd think there would be at least a couple of individuals using them. I think its a case of the regular Army/USMC being too cheap to issue them, and then not allowing individuals to be different from the rest by going out and buying their own.

No one is naturally able to tolerate high intensity noise without earpro, the guys that are "used" to shooting high powered weapons without it have already wrecked their hearing. Particularly with something as obnoxiously loud as a Barret.

I love my Sordins.