Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Rick Santorum Represents Everything Europeans Find Weird About America.

  1. #16
    Senior Member LineDoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    38S MB 3661/8351
    Posts
    31,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telmar View Post
    Linedoggie, it's not that fact that Europeans notice: many of us are Christians, religious. There is a blend of Americans that go very far in wanting the laws to stick close to the morality the Church represents, and are heavy legislators in that sense. We practice religion in a much more private manner, and are not very judgemental when it comes to evaluating other people's lifestyles.
    Theres all this Yapping from overseas about Santorum and his religious beliefs and yet Carter was the same but there was no yapping about how jimma was going to rule by Bible and take away rights and all the other fearmongering you see today.

    And again, its all wasted outrage, because he doesn't have what it takes to go head to head with Obama in the general election. Romney does, it is the inevitable matchup. The Gingrich camp doesn't want to hear it. The Paul camp is prepping the Koolaid with Ketamine and going Nyah, Nyah cant hear you, mother ship coming to get us..... And Santorum camp wont believe he cant even make the ballot as VP choice. Santorum is in the news because of the supposed lead and the media has torn apart every GOP candidate as soon as they get a lead. the evidence is in front of us. They all have their turn in the MSM's Barrel.

    Perry with his ****** rock, and Foster Brooks impression
    Cains sudden Bimbo eruption (wonder why in 2008 it didnt erupt? he wasnt a front runner then and it would be picking on the black man)
    Bachmann Religious Bigot, H[*******#000000][/COLOR]omophobic, Vaccinations... and hey she's a filthly GOP woman so a target.
    Gingrich is the only one everyone Knew had a 40 car train of baggage and he still acts as though its nothing.
    Huntsman was the quietest because like Pawlenty was an Unknown

  2. #17
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    And Yet Europe loves Jimmy Carter as does the left and he was an Evangelical Born Again Christian, who talked about Nuclear Weapons deployment with his 12 year old daughter, beleived in UFO's, his sister spoke in tongues, and said she could convert Harvey Milk to hetero, Billy took money from Qaddafi/Khaddafi

    So we've already had a religious nutter in Office within living memory, but Santorum is the evil one. He dont like the eat da poo poo set so must be evil and stopped.

    realistically, he aint gonna be on the Ballot in November so the worry is unfounded.
    The only reason we liked Carter was because of his ideas of detente, with a angry red beast breathing in our necks we were glad to see things calm down a little, we couldn't care less about his crazy ideas, they weren't conflicting with the European Socialist and Liberal ideas either, unlike Santorum.
    And no way you're going to use him as an argument against us, as far as can recall it were your hands holding the pencil when he was elected

  3. #18
    Senior Member tluassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany, Nrw
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    What is Santorums opinion on Dinosaurs ?

  4. #19
    Senior Member tercio67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    FFE's R Us
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tluassa View Post
    What is Santorums opinion on Dinosaurs ?
    Everybody should own one?

  5. #20
    Senior Member Spezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    The only reason we liked Carter was because of his ideas of detente, with a angry red beast breathing in our necks we were glad to see things calm down a little, we couldn't care less about his crazy ideas, they weren't conflicting with the European Socialist and Liberal ideas either, unlike Santorum.
    And no way you're going to use him as an argument against us, as far as can recall it were your hands holding the pencil when he was elected
    Not to mentioned hardly anyone knew or really cared about his religious views back then unless you really went out to investigate; there was no internet back then, you couldn't exactly google him or click on a youtube link. Another factor is that the whole religion thing just wasn't such a big deal back then. The whole renewed "debate" about creationism and evolution is a recent phenomenon coming out of the US only a decade or two ago.
    About the **** thing, even Europe wasn't exactly as open minded during Carter era as it is now.
    So LD's point seems moot to me.

  6. #21
    Senior Member liberal cl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Funny how many Europeans like to go full retard when it comes to the GOP, assimilating any little irrelevance their own media throws at them.

  7. #22
    Senior Member Telmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liberal cl View Post
    Funny how many Europeans like to go full retard when it comes to the GOP, assimilating any little irrelevance their own media throws at them.
    I did not notice we were talking about the GOP, I thought we were talking about one of its candidates for the nomination, who is himself under a lot of fire in the USA itself.

  8. #23
    Senior Member OrangeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille
    Posts
    3,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tluassa View Post
    What is Santorums opinion on Dinosaurs ?
    Put in the earth by gays and liberals with a socialist agenda.

  9. #24
    Senior Member [WDW]Megaraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Making people mad...
    Posts
    7,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Reader View Post
    They might not get anywhere in national elections - but with a proportional system they might get seats in state or local legislatures.
    Not necessarily because they ar well liked though.
    But in proportional systems there are for example protest votes when some people decide they want to "punish" the established parties by voting for an outsider party.

    In Germany we had this with the right wing DVU winning around 20% in state elections some years back, or more recently the let wing Pirate Party winning seats in the Berlin elections.

    Now the US of course has a bigger part of the population that is non-white - so a Nazi Party would probably have no chance just because of demographics - unless maybe in some pre-dominantly white regions.
    But there are other outsider parties that might get votes - just look at the Greens for example which probably seem like the reincarnation of the Sovjet communists for many conservative Americans (and some maybe even are)
    They certainly could win local or state seats as a fringe party (compared to the two big parties)
    Green Party already exists in the USA, they have no power.

    Your point about DVU supports my argument that such parties are more popular in Europe and it's not just because of PR system.

    Even with PR system, European style far right groups in the USA would not win anything. They wouldn't get enough votes to get any seats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wahnsinn View Post
    I don't know if you realise this but the BNP really don't have much support in the UK whatever way you look at it. Just over 4000 members. No MPs (about 2% of the vote). No MSPs (they didn't even get 1% of the vote in 2011). No members of the Welsh Assembly. No members of the legislature in Northern Ireland. 2 MEPs and a handful of local government seats is all the have.
    I understand that. But that's still more than a comparable party in the USA would win in elections.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    I understand that. But that's still more than a comparable party in the USA would win in elections.
    You've missed my point.

    What is a comparable party though? I think you could argue that part of the Republican parties voter base is quite similar to that of the BNP when it comes to certain issues. Most of the social policies of the BNP are quite similar to those of Republicans who are a little bit further right of centre than the majority. In essence, I think a lot of BNP voters would be Republicans in the US but I guess we will never know.

  11. #26
    Senior Member Silent Reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    Green Party already exists in the USA, they have no power.

    Your point about DVU supports my argument that such parties are more popular in Europe and it's not just because of PR system.
    I know you already have the Greens and that they have no power - I am pretty sure though with a proportional election system they would have local power and maybe even on state level at some point.

    As for the DVU - that's what I tried to explain - they did not have any support really - people voted for them to literaly p*ss of the established parties not because they liked their ideas.
    The DVU delegates were idiots though - and after their term was up they lost most of the votes they got before and today they are basically gone.

  12. #27
    Senior Member plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Not really she would do that anyway to curry favor. If Obama made those same statements she would defend it.
    She might choose not to talk about it, but won't defend it.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    43
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Santorum is a moron who doesnt have its facts strait (or his advisors are morons for making him look like a moron) there is no person in Holland with a note on him or her saying dont euthanise me, there are people who carry a dog tag with dont resuscitateme. its a total turn around of facts. Beeing a leo, i know if we (and the ambulance personal) see these tags we must respect them.

  14. #29
    Member Dankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeWolf View Post
    Put in the earth by gays and liberals with a socialist agenda.
    Shhh, don't give him ideas

  15. #30
    Senior Member tercio67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    FFE's R Us
    Age
    46
    Posts
    14,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Shhh, don't give him ideas
    Hey, it's all true, he read it on MP.net......now there's a scary thought.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •