Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two U.S military officials shot dead in afghan interior ministry

Rest in Peace. Condolences to family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by omarramirez View Post
    couldnt have said it better , im a a muslim in the US ARMY and when i heard about this i said well its wrong but the ones burning the QURAN were wrong but they dont know better. it wasnt their intention to cause all this, so i forgave the incident. i did get to me alot but at the same time the ones who burned it didnt know better. i condone the attacks and yea these afghans are very upset but we need to forgive and let go , in our religion we base everything on intention and we forgive. many people take it to the extreme and misinterpret the QURAN. that drove me to join the army. everything i stand for these a**holes take it and use it as an excuse to go kill or do a suicide bombing. what doesnt make sense is in our religion suicide sends you straight to hell. thats why im in the army to fight for eveything these jerks claim. ive been to iraq. im plan on afghan being next i got some serious beef with these F**ks. anyone need any info on religion ill clear it up for you. all this BS these taliban claim is all BS and isnt what islam is about. its mostly there culture and many people confuse culture and religion.
    Based on what you have written I assume where you wrote "condone" you meant "condemn".. that'd fit with the rest of your text. Its funny, because I had these massive Philosophical discussions with my Afghans about Religion and God, funny thing is no matter how devout they were they agreed there is only one God, and what you call him isnt important, we all agreed the 10 commandments were fundimental across the majority of religions, and were certainly the basis key rules governing Islam and Christianity and Judaism. All of those religions recognise Moses and the 10 commandments, so really we have all gone seperate ways at some point. I am an Odinist, and even I could draw parallels to my religion from theirs, and we discussed the similarities of our religions like that. in the end we have alot more respect and admiration for each other. I had no problems trusting most of my blokes. Some were shifty by nature, but they were all very well paid and more educated blokes, and I think this added to their ability to keep a level head in discussions of religion and such. They have much the same outlook as you, omarramirez, they think their religion has been twisted by the Taliban and others and they dont like it.

"The measure of one's character is greater than the depth of one's skin."....South Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by omarramirez View Post
    couldnt have said it better , im a a muslim in the US ARMY and when i heard about this i said well its wrong but the ones burning the QURAN were wrong but they dont know better. it wasnt their intention to cause all this, so i forgave the incident. i did get to me alot but at the same time the ones who burned it didnt know better. i condone the attacks and yea these afghans are very upset but we need to forgive and let go , in our religion we base everything on intention and we forgive. many people take it to the extreme and misinterpret the QURAN. that drove me to join the army. everything i stand for these a**holes take it and use it as an excuse to go kill or do a suicide bombing. what doesnt make sense is in our religion suicide sends you straight to hell. thats why im in the army to fight for eveything these jerks claim. ive been to iraq. im plan on afghan being next i got some serious beef with these F**ks. anyone need any info on religion ill clear it up for you. all this BS these taliban claim is all BS and isnt what islam is about. its mostly there culture and many people confuse culture and religion.
    Thank you for you honest thoughts/feelings, It's nice to hear them, and I (speaking for myself) appreciate it. Thank you again.

Maybe the silent war in Afghanistan was the right answer after all and returning to it is the proper recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Beautiful video indeed. Great footage. I can't see how it explains the logic and wisdom of continuing the war in Afghanistan though?
    Well I think one of the main messages the video convey's is no appeasement. I think a lot of folks want to appease Muslim extremists because they think it'll go away or something. It's just a problem that's going to grow bigger with time if we don't put our foot down, we'll see stuff like this happening more. All these Afghan's are going nuts and trying to kill Westerner's because we burned their book. It's a book. I think it's really time to stop all this "cultural sensitivity" crap with the Afghan's, because I think it's pretty obvious who's culture has advanced further. This is just a poor excuse to riot and deflects the attention away from the real problems in Afghanistan. I understand it's their holy book, but the book burning was in no way meant to be disrespectful.

"in opposition to the assertion of the Left’s relativistic ideology, not all cultures are equal in value."-Claude Guéant

zomgdeltaairsofter101 Sheikh Al Stranghi's Avatar

Guys, what you are missing here is that you CANNOT burn, destroy, damage, or alter (or translate for that matter) a Koran in ANY way. Once printed it is the word of God, and turns holy. Anything they would have done to these books would result in riots, therefore the only proper thing to do was to deliver them safely to a local mosque for storage and/or distribution. You could even get in trouble for deleting a PDF file of the Koran.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Al Stranghi View Post
    Guys, what you are missing here is that you CANNOT burn, destroy, damage, or alter (or translate for that matter) a Koran in ANY way. Once printed it is the word of God, and turns holy. Anything they would have done to these books would result in riots, therefore the only proper thing to do was to deliver them safely to a local mosque for storage and/or distribution.
    Don't forget that these books aren't just korans but have been altered by prisoners of war... Probably should have just filed them away somewhere.

Guys, what you are missing here is that you CANNOT burn, destroy, damage, or alter (or translate for that matter) a Koran in ANY way. Once printed it is the word of God, and turns holy. Anything they would have done to these books would result in riots, therefore the only proper thing to do was to deliver them safely to a local mosque for storage and/or distribution. You could even get in trouble for deleting a PDF file of the Koran.
    They were already desecrated, why does it matter who burns them? They'd be burned anyways.

Because when US personnel burns a Qur'an, they destroy the word of Allah and deserve death. Like Corsac said, it would probably best to just lock them away in some basement for the time being...

Because when US personnel burns a Qur'an, they destroy the word of Allah and deserve death. Like Corsac said, it would probably best to just lock them away in some basement for the time being...
    See this is what I mean when I say we need to drop all the cultural sensitivity BS. There's just no way to win with these people. I think the main point is they want us dead, no matter what we do. They're not even real Muslim's.

Thing is, they could have them burned if they were worn out or otherwise unservicable, but only by religious officials in a ceremony. Could have prevented this.

But if you're in a religion sensitive country and send 200,000 troops to win the people, you might want to think about what you're doing

Thing is, they could have them burned if they were worn out or otherwise unservicable, but only by religious officials in a ceremony. Could have prevented this.
    Could have, would have, should have.

A pal of mine in Navy Intelligence suggested we just use the shredders they use for shredding and disposing of top-secret documents for the Qu'ran's. I think the stupidest part was that this news even got out.

To be honest part of me really wishes we could just nuke Afghanistan and Pakistan even further into the stone age. It is so incredibly pathetic that a people rise up and kill over the burning of a book, nobody, no religion has the right to dictate to anyone any aspect of their life. If someone wishes to burn the bible, koran or harry potter they should be able to do so without so much as a whisper. I cannot believe that a people can be so thick, so arrogant, so pathetic. People like this have no place in a civilised society... Religion is so evil it is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by [WDW]Megaraptor View Post
    Most people in Afghanistan can't read Arabic and can't even read Qur'an for themselves.

Burning is proper way to dispose of a Qur'an according to a Muslim imam on the news.

The Qur'an in question was being used to smuggle messages out of prison. Do you see people protesting that the Taliban were desecrating a Qur'an by writing in it?

This isn't about what happened to one Qur'an.

I do believe the actual proper way to dispose of them is to bury them or throw them into a river. Feel free to correct me.