Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: $5 a gallon gas in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    You've had localised 100% inflation within weeks? Or have you not been shopping for a decade or so?

Exactly 3 weeks since i last went grocery getting.

Milk, and more dairy products shot up 2 bucks and some change around the same time gas went up 50 cents within 2 weeks. I have a list and habit like clockwork so theirs no other variables.

I'm assuming shipping the goods down to the store via truck had something to do with it with gas jumping? Unless taxes somewhere threw a wrench somewhere. But the next county has HIGHER PRICED gasoline than here and went up faster than here, but the their grocery stores haven't jumped up in price. I'm assuming "yet".

its intensely frustrating/enfuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    31 on a highway is fairly poor for a relatively modern vehicle. Most people I know get 40+ on a highway. 50+ if they're in diesels and drive economically.
    Thats impossible even with a Hybrid with our traffic. Unless you drive at 3 in the morning when theres less traffic and stop n go.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck View Post
    Thats impossible even with a Hybrid with our traffic. Unless you drive at 3 in the morning when theres less traffic and stop n go.
    Thats not really highway driving then is it. Highway MPG assumes you're making smooth progress in top gear.

Thats not really highway driving then is it. Highway MPG assumes you're making smooth progress in top gear.
    It is when you're on the Highway/ Interstate regardless if its packed. With no traffic whatsoever i can reach 37-38 mpg. I'd assume then tha'ts perfectly acceptable.

delete 123456678

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Yeah that's a more reasonable figure for "highway" driving.

Yeah that's a more reasonable figure for "highway" driving.
    I wish we had "Highway driving" it would cut my commute to 15-20 minutes. and save me ungodly amounts of gas.

Ever considered moving? thats what peple around here do, when the commute gets too uneconomical...

when i switched college, i've got myself a small appartement within a 3 minute walk to campus and got rid of my car. Is there anything that prevents you from moving somewhere near your college?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Ever considered moving? thats what peple around here do, when the commute gets too uneconomical...

when i switched college, i've got myself a small appartement within a 3 minute walk to campus and got rid of my car. Is there anything that prevents you from moving somewhere near your college?
    With what money? and what I'm studying is cheaper at my college (community College). I moved back with my parents temporarily to save money. Housing is more expensive near my college, apartments are going for what. $1,000/m on the low side.

If i move, i would then have a montly rent more expensive than my actualy travel expenses. I'm not winning in the end. It's cheaper what im doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahnsinn View Post
    Where did you get four trillion in shale/oil sand from?

Not saying your numbers are wrong but I'm not prepared to take that at face value for various reasons.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_shale_reserves 2.1 trillion bbl in the US
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athabasca_oil_sands 1.7 trillion bbl

Add in the other minor deposits and you have a high end estimate of roughly 4 trillion barrels of technically recoverable ersatz-crude in NA.

That was the high end of my "back of the napkin" estimate, mind you. I don't think that much is economically recoverable at any realistic future price. But a quarter or half... oh yeah. And a couple trillion barrels of oil is nothing to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck View Post
    With what money? and what I'm studying is cheaper at my college (community College). I moved back with my parents temporarily to save money. Housing is more expensive near my college, apartments are going for what. $1,000/m on the low side.

If i move, i would then have a montly rent more expensive than my actualy travel expenses. I'm not winning in the end.
    sounds like while you guys still pay considerably less for gas, everyting else sucks at your end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    sounds like while you guys still pay considerably less for gas, everyting else sucks at your end of the world...

does this mean I'm ALLOWED to ***** now?

Faux Phallus Smuggler

when us regular avg tax-paying citizen is paying for it at the pump, just remember that some of our tax dollars are paying for others as well.

this fellow is just as pissed, but probably not gonna do anything about it :

Irony alert: Congressman Allen West complains about cost to gas up his Hummer

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/02/24...t-cost-to-gas/

Oh noes, gas just hit 0,90 a liter....it's twice as much in Europe. Stop whining.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Hey guys, I'm a ****ing moron and I am praying for $10 per gallon gas!