Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Report: Russia provided Hezbollah with advanced anti-tank missiles (RPG-30)

Default Report: Russia provided Hezbollah with advanced anti-tank missiles (RPG-30)

Report: Russia provided Hezbollah with advanced anti-tank missiles

The website Israel Defense reports Hezbollah has obtained an unknown number of RPG-30 missiles • The missiles are capable of penetrating IDF armor protection systems, including “Windbreaker” anti-tank missile shield system.

Israel expressed concern last week that advanced Russian-manufactured anti-tank missiles may have been acquired by Lebanon-based Shiite terrorist group Hezbollah.

According to the Israel Defense website, defense officials are trying to confirm reports that an unknown number of the missiles - known as RPG-30 - have indeed been acquired by the terrorist organization. The advanced missiles are said to be capable of penetrating Israel Defense Forces armor protection systems, including the Armored Corps “Windbreaker” anti-tank missile shield system, which is installed on all new Merkava Mark IV tanks.

The RPG-30 system launches an initial decoy missile that activates the tank’s active defense mechanism. After the tank’s active defense is turned on, a second missile capable of disrupting the tank’s defense mechanism and penetrating 65 cm of armor is launched by the RPG-30 system.

[.........................]

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/news...le.php?id=3265
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Russia sold ATGM to hezbollah? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    Russia sold ATGM to hezbollah? I doubt it.
    why?

ten chars.

The possible transfer of the RPG-30 anti-tank system to Hezbollah has added to growing Israeli concerns of Syrian weapon transfers to the terrorist organization. Israel believes Syrian President Bashar al-Assad - who is fighting a year-long uprising against him and his regime - may order the transfer of sensitive weapons systems to Hezbollah if his government is toppled.
    Russia sold the missiles to Syria, who then transferred the missiles to Hezbollah, same exact situation with the 9M113 Kornets: Russia sold the ATGMs to Syria who then transferred them to Heb.

The title is, more or less, inaccurate.

A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    Russia sold the missiles to Syria, who then transferred the missiles to Hezbollah, same exact situation with the Kornets: Russia sold the ATGMs to Syria and Iran who then transferred it to Heb.

The title is,more or less, inaccurate.
    Beat me to it, title is inflammatory, but then again that's just the press :P

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck View Post
    why?

ten chars.
    Because I dont believe Russia will sell ATGM directly to a group like hezbollah. Now, Selling to Syria and then Syria transferring the missiles to Hezbollah, yes, I am sure they do that. Thats the reason Israel is always talking to Russia not to sell that stuff to countries like Syria, who support terror groups.
    Mow, I am not surprised by this, I just commented because the article is not accurate in the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    Because I dont believe Russia will sell ATGM directly to a group like hezbollah. Now, Selling to Syria and then Syria transferring the missiles to Hezbollah, yes, I am sure they do that. Thats the reason Israel is always talking to Russia not to sell that stuff to countries like Syria, who support terror groups.
    Mow, I am not surprised by this, I just commented because the article is not accurate in the information.
    X2

Plus do we have any information to confirm the RPG-30 is fielded by Syria?

Plus do we have any information to confirm the RPG-30 is fielded by Syria?
    Nope..

Do we have any information to confirm the development of RPG-30 is complete?

Russia sold the missiles to Syria, who then transferred the missiles to Hezbollah, same exact situation with the 9M113 Kornets: Russia sold the ATGMs to Syria who then transferred them to Heb.

The title is, more or less, inaccurate.
    I highly doubt that Russian secret services like FSB were unaware that Syria transferred those ATGM to Hezbollah.

Quote Originally Posted by Papenheims View Post
    I highly doubt that Russian secret services like FSB were unaware that Syria transferred those ATGM to Hezbollah.
    Regardless, once the munitions leave Rosoboronexport's hands they throw their hands in the air and declare: "We are not responsible for the usage nor further transactions of the weapon."

Also the article says Russia directly provides the weapons to Hez which is a lie, you don't see "Customer: Crazy pissed off Islamists with serious weed up arses. Supplier: KBP, Tula, Russia." on the weapon crates.

Also it's not FSB, but SVR along with GRU.

Quote Originally Posted by Papenheims View Post
    Maybe the original recipient is Iran?

I would be more worry about the 9M133 Kornet and Yakhont anti-ship missile rather than the RPG-30. Indeed RPG-30 is unguided and thus effective only at short range which should allow the infantry support to wipe out the anti-tank gunners before they ambush the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren789 View Post
    I would be more worry about the 9M133 Kornet and Yakhont anti-ship missile rather than the RPG-30. Indeed RPG-30 is unguided and thus effective only at short range which should allow the infantry support to wipe out the anti-tank gunners before they ambush the tanks.
    Not to mention the RPG-30 has yet to leave Bazalt's research and production facilities in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Jordan is more likely original recipient. It's kinda their contract money made new RPGs- 30,32 reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Maybe the original recipient is... Lebanon? Lebanese army?