Thread: Australia army chief vows action over Facebook posts

Default Australia army chief vows action over Facebook posts

[*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Australia's army chief says serving military personnel who posted racist and sexist comments on a private Facebook site will face action.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]The site came under the spotlight after an investigation by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]It said the site - used by more than 1,000 current and former members of the military - contained comments offensive to women, Muslims and immigrants.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]The revelations are the latest in a series to hit the armed forces.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]ABC said the site - now reportedly shut down - contained hundreds of "expletive-riddled comments" that were unpublishable.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]"The targeting of any person on the basis of their gender, ethnicity or ****** orientation is repugnant and contrary to both Defence and Army's values," said army chief Lieutenant-General David Morrison.

htt//www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17216593[/FONT][/COLOR]

They forget to mention the thousands raised by group for returned servicemen.Some guys thought they were back in the boozer thinking everything was private.They also forgot to mention blokes getting over lost mates,suicides,veterans issues and broken marriages.A few guys went overboard and were warned by admins as far as I know.And a few are just plain arsssewholes as in any unit that spoil a good thing for the rest..
    Yes I am a member although I don't know how long for.

Quote Originally Posted by gusto View Post
    They forget to mention the thousands raised by group for returned servicemen.Some guys thought they were back in the boozer thinking everything was private.They also forgot to mention blokes getting over lost mates,suicides,veterans issues and broken marriages.A few guys went overboard and were warned by admins as far as I know.And a few are just plain arsssewholes as in any unit that spoil a good thing for the rest..
    Yes I am a member although I don't know how long for.
    Same here, not a hugely active member but its done some good things - which far outweight the poor form of some and the insults levelled and traded. The "Stomp for Support" was created out of this bunch of Infantrymen deciding there wasnt enough being done to raise awareness and give support to wounded and deceased soldiers families. As stated above, it was a means of support between former service mates during hard times, and theres been alot of good done from it.