Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilmington City Council Passes Resolution Urging 'Personhood' Rights For Sperm

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Default Wilmington City Council Passes Resolution Urging 'Personhood' Rights For Sperm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...l?ref=politics

The Wilmington City Council has a message for men -- sperm are people, too.

The council for Delaware's largest city passed a resolution by an 8-4 vote Thursday calling on the Delaware legislature, other state legislatures and the U.S. Congress to pass laws granting "personhood" rights to eggs and sperm. The resolution was authored by councilwoman Loretta Walsh as a protest in the current battle over women's health care access.

"[E]ach 'egg person' and each 'sperm person' should be deemed equal in the eyes of the government and be subject to the same laws and regulations as any other dependent minor and be protected against abuse, neglect or abandonment by the parent or guardian," says the resolution. "[L]aws should be enacted by all legislative bodies in the United States to promote equal representation, and should potentially include laws in defense of 'personhood,' forbidding every man from destroying his semen."
    I particularly loved the (withdrawn) amendment "However, any action in which a man ********es or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman's ****** shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child,". I genuinely laughed for about a minute at that one. I'd be in trouble for many reasons.

Seriously...wtf.

Let me see if I get it right; have a wank, pay maintenance?
    (could potentially be very costly, there's millions of them...)

Dividing my time between the far east and the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    Seriousl...wtf.
    The resolution was authored by councilwoman Loretta Walsh as a protest in the current battle over women's health care access.

Banned user

Does is mean, *********ing is murder, no GENOCIDE!!!

Banned user

Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by tercio67 View Post
    Let me see if I get it right; have a wank, pay maintenance?
    (could potentially be very costly, there's millions of them...)
    Maybe this is a way to raise massive revenue for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyusu View Post
    Does is mean, *********ing is murder, no GENOCIDE!!!
    Genocide? My wife would be prosecuted for teh cannibalism... The horror..

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Where's the Monty Python "every sperm is sacred" skit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Maybe this is a way to raise massive revenue for the city.
    That could cause massive inflation, making a sperm bank bailout a distinct possibility.
    Last edited by tercio67; 03-03-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Banned user

I guess rape is more acceptable than jacking off in this city.

man, according to this interpretation, I make Genghis Khan look like the Dalai Lama. Gotta love fundie Christians, the humor factor is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by kamazz View Post
    man, according to this interpretation, I make Genghis Khan look like the Dalai Lama. Gotta love fundie Christians, the humor factor is priceless.
    Let see, the article did not mention religion or political leanings. Except for:

Walsh isn't the first lawmaker to introduce such a measure. Sen. Constance Johnson, a Democratic state senator from Oklahoma, introduced and later withdrew an amendment to a "personhood" bill that would have given zygotes the same rights as adults.
    Which seems to contradict your opinion.

Let see, the article did not mention religion or political leanings. Except for:

the only reason nonsense like this is being passed is solely from pressure by religious constituents, namely Catholics and Evangelicals. This isnt something thats even controversial, this is a known fact. THis is just like that ridiculous ultrasound bill passed by fundies recently. This is all being driven by religious political groups.

Quote Originally Posted by kamazz View Post
    the only reason nonsense like this is being passed is solely from pressure by religious constituents, namely Catholics and Evangelicals. This isnt something thats even controversial, this is a known fact. THis is just like that ridiculous ultrasound bill passed by fundies recently. This is all being driven by religious political groups.
    So what about the Democratic Senator? I would think Fundies are uber right not D's. I think the political part is right. Seems even the most reasonable person goes nuts when politics are involved. One of the new political battlefields is "Obamacare". That sort means to me, not real solution will be found for Healthcare in the US. It will be used to gather votes and money and polarize people even more.

Banned user

So what about the Democratic Senator? I would think Fundies are uber right not D's. I think the political part is right. Seems even the most reasonable person goes nuts when politics are involved. One of the new political battlefields is "Obamacare". That sort means to me, not real solution will be found for Healthcare in the US. It will be used to gather votes and money and polarize people even more.
    Democratic senator did make an satirical statement, as it being said in linked article, as reaction to discussion on personhood bill. He never meant it seriously.