Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Putin crying!

Quote Originally Posted by Empulse View Post
    Yep, Putin merely is the face of the powerful elite that are more than happy to maintain the status quo.
    That depends. There is always a powerful elite. Every country has one, do not make the naive mistake of thinking that so called "democratic" countries (eg: America, Britain, etc) do not have a powerful elite at the top. That doesnt mean reform is impossible, or that the elite would necessarily oppose reform.

Quote Originally Posted by asch View Post
    alright, i can believe in him if he start to back his promises with real deals. so far - stupid sabre rattling and tons of promises, 12 years of social politics and educational sphere f[*******#000000]uc[/COLOR]k ups.
    he have to produce more than teenager-level rhetorics and ugly hate speeches to win me back. me and bigger half of our country.
    So what would win you back?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    That depends. There is always a powerful elite. Every country has one, do not make the naive mistake of thinking that so called "democratic" countries (eg: America, Britain, etc) do not have a powerful elite at the top. That doesnt mean reform is impossible, or that the elite would necessarily oppose reform.
    I agree, but in Russia it's a little more obvious then in ''democratic'' countries you mentioned above. What I found most worrisome and saddening, is that Russia's youth doesn't believe in change. They feel powerless and want to leave the country, at least that's my impression after having lived for a year in Russia.

Banned user

This cheap PR stunt did remind me of a similar issue in France some weeks ago, when Sarkozy tried to improve his reputation by having him kissing Carla ''accidentally'' being broadcast on TV. I wonder what they used to make him cry. Too obvious.

Well, Putin did say that it was the wind..