Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Quote Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
    It's the job of the african union to kill the ***** ..
    Really now. The same AU that works with Teodoro Obiang , Mugs the magnificent and Yoweri Museveni ([SIZE=1]current Ugandan Dictator since 1986 btw).

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]It is a backslapping medal giving old-boys club.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

The guy has what, a few thousand kids and teenagers with AKs? The military has tanks, APCs, IFVs, modern airplanes, helicopters...it should really be no problem for them to take him out themselves if they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    The guy has what, a few thousand kids and teenagers with AKs? The military has tanks, APCs, IFVs, modern airplanes, helicopters...it should really be no problem for them to take him out themselves if they really wanted to.
    Yeah, you could use that argument for just about every guerilla force in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Thats what people said about this adventure in Indochina.

Hoots mon there's a moose loose aboot this hoose.

What a load of shyte. Mind you he should speak to Cristina Kirchner so they can get Penn and Morrissey and some of those wacky bracelets, coolture makers. W@nkers........ ooohooo I can't stop!

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Excellent point. Everyone expects the government or some NGO to handle an issue and not themselves. We are so content with just contributing the minimum. One word that makes my blood boil is "Awareness". Cancer kills people? Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't "aware". Human trafficking is evil? Color me shocked! I wasn't "aware". You can throw numbers and statistics at me all day and it won't change a thing. The world is not a middle-class-Leave-it-to-Beaver-neighborhood, I get it. Call me heartless, but I'm sick of this mindset that someone shares a link they can go to bed at night feeling like a "Good Person".

I know a girl who is raising her own money to go to Thailand to actually do something about Human Trafficking and help victims. That's what the world needs. Not these Apple Activists full of first-world guilt.
    Spot on post. Esp that about what the world needs.

It needs people who are willing to sacrifice for a great goal.

Awareness in this context is almiost a nullity...it means not having to actually understand whats going on in life. A replacement for understanding.

As for me, just for lols, I asked some of the more self-righteous people if they knew anything about Idi Amin or The Explusion.

You can probably guess the rest

Here comes another Code Pink.

Time to pay debts. Joni 2012.

http://www.paythedebts.net/

Damn him to hell, Joni will pay for his thefts!

(and kalerab, that can't be real...its just so mind bogglingly stupid...source?)

Yeah its pretty sick, I mean here you got a guy who drops chem weapons on his own citizens, and murders whole families in some of the most horrific ways imaginable, and that wasn't a war worth fighting, it was 'bad'...

You know what? **** it, whats sad is these are our peers, at least this is my generation. These are the people going to be in power in a few decades

The thing is ... Joseph Kony is not active in Uganda anymore ... for like 6 years now. There are "some" attacks in Congo by LRA.

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    (and kalerab, that can't be real...its just so mind bogglingly stupid...source?)
    Random. Hopefully itīs farce because director of the movie is doing good job in raising awareness. LRA are bunch of religious ****nutus, just this time not muslim but christian. And btw USA already deployed about 100 soldiers to train Uganese army in COIN operations. Pressure has to be applies on Bashir who supports LRA for a decade. If they will cut their support, LRA will be destroyed eventually.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/peopl...is-joseph-kony

If you want to wind up the mindless chattering classes, post a fan pic of Carl Weathers and watch out ...

I should do that...though Im not sure much if any will fall for it...

Just found out that the CEO of Invisable Childeren is a good friend of a good friend. It's been interesting watching him defend the group on the news and such. It seems like they are good at what they do (whatever its intended). However, I personally would never donate to a chairity that only gets 30% of their income to the people that need it.