Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/peopl...is-joseph-kony

If you want to wind up the mindless chattering classes, post a fan pic of Carl Weathers and watch out ...

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

I should do that...though Im not sure much if any will fall for it...

Just found out that the CEO of Invisable Childeren is a good friend of a good friend. It's been interesting watching him defend the group on the news and such. It seems like they are good at what they do (whatever its intended). However, I personally would never donate to a chairity that only gets 30% of their income to the people that need it.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

I don't understand what you guys are moaning about? Its a campaign to raise awareness about the issue and drum up support for keeping advisor's and support for Ugandad troops to fight Kony. Simple...

The more people who would like this to be the case the more likely it is to stay that way, its just a campaign like every other one before it. To put pressure on your politicians to keep support for Ugandad military, not unreasonable or undoable task.

Why is everyone so butthurt?

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    No one likes hypocrisy.

I don't understand what you guys are moaning about? Its a campaign to raise awareness about the issue and drum up support for keeping advisor's and support for Ugandad troops to fight Kony. Simple...

The more people who would like this to be the case the more likely it is to stay that way, its just a campaign like every other one before it. To put pressure on your politicians to keep support for Ugandad military, not unreasonable or undoable task.

Do you know a lot about the Ugandan military? Do you really want to supoport it? Do you think it's a good idea to use military means to defeat someone who uses child soldiers to save children? Who do you have to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarig View Post
    Do you know a lot about the Ugandan military? Do you really want to supoport it? Do you think it's a good idea to use military means to defeat someone who uses child soldiers to save children? Who do you have to fight?
    Wow, never before seen so many people on MP.net being negative to support a military mission that involves supporting a different countries troops. How controversial, we do this everywhere and have been for ages. What so special about this place that you dont want to supprt the ugandad military with intelligence and what not. Somehow I sense that the specific political action these guys want have completly passed by most people in this forum...

So we should go after Kony, kill his child soldiers in order to stop him, to protect the children.. right?

Zune Free At Last FlintHillBilly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie the Great View Post
    So we should go after Kony, kill his child soldiers in order to stop him, to protect the children.. right?
    I say we send a coalition of shotgun wielding IRS/tax agents after his @ss to make sure hes claiming the right number of dependents......

Quote Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai View Post
    x2. At least in earlier generations, leftists had the balls to go join the International Brigades in Spain, Swedes volunteered to help the Finns against the Soviets, and Westerners volunteered in Rhodesia. The vast majority of these Kony2012 people are demanding that US troops go fight their cause for them.
    Quote of truth of the day.

A mate of mine said this,

Kony hasn't been active for 6 years. These guys are just looking for money and setting themselves up to siphon money going after other 'international criminals'. What a great racket, taking donations to go after someone that may already be dead. It could be milked for years.

Somehow I sense that the specific political action these guys want have completly passed by most people in this forum...
    What? I don't follow US elections. Vote for Kony / 2012, republican, right?

Joking aside, I guess it is the forum and people running it and not the message. Like and share in facebook to make the world a better place... Yeah, sure... In Africa, there are enough warlords. Put a bullet through the head of Kony and still the mission is far from accomplished.

Formerly known as Suigenesis before the great crash

Quote Originally Posted by Wally1967 View Post
    A mate of mine said this,

Kony hasn't been active for 6 years.
    Than it appears your friend is wrong. 6 years ago Kony was just forced with his high command out of Uganda but LRA is still very much active in Congo and Central African Republic and yes, even in northen Uganda. After all he killed Ottis when he tried to broke the peace between government and LRA. Anyway support it or ignore it, thats everyone choice however the backslash that campaign took in past few days seems brutal. And as usuall RT is leading the way, accusing director of movie of beeing CIA agent.