Thread: Lost Girl girl 1945 video

looking, thinking: lifes too short to dance with fat chicks

Default Lost Girl girl 1945 video

Hi fellas, here is a link to a video on YT:

1945 Lost german girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWv9KpDWEg

this was filmed in Czechoslovakia in 1945. it is part of a series of reels that were filmed by american news teams filming the germans surrenering to other american forces so as not to be taken by the Russians ( i think)

here is another link to the whole film:

WARNING!!! some of this is NSFW!!!

http://resources.ushmm.org/film/disp...?file_num=4686

this has been discussed on other forums trying to Identify her unit or even who she is/was.

its quite a bit of film.....

Repost of a repost. Being "lost" was probably her smallest problem...

There is an 11 minute video on YT of this footage in better quality. Very hard to watch. From the description on your link: " A woman described in the shot sheet as an "SS girl" walks down the road. She has been beaten and one eye is swollen shut. Several shots of her as she walks toward the camera. She clasps her hands (she appears to be holding a deck of playing cards) and looks down. The camera pans down her body." She might have been a prison guard, not true SS, probably from the Mädchenschaften, "League of German Girls". Just an educated guess really.

Strange, the woman in the video looks kind of "modern". I can't really explain it..
    Maybe it's her hair or the way she walks?

Banned user

Thanks for sharing. It's hard footage to be sure. One wonders what happened to all those people....POWs and liberated alike. About the woman, I must doubt if she was "SS". Stumbling around wearing a man's pants with braces and face punched in like that. SS women and female camp guards were usually the first to be evacuated and brought to safety. I have a feeling the woman in the film may have been what Europeans refer to as a "horizontal" collaborator. She may have had a German lover, or a woman who "serviced" German soldiers. It's anyone's guess.....we weren't there.

the Ralph Wiggum of Mp.net. timetraveller's Avatar

This is similar to the footage i posted on here some years back though the lady in the footage i posted her head was shaved .. I think she is the same lady . ..this is possibly taken before it ..

There is a great thread over on axis history forums about this girl.

Here

Quote Originally Posted by Pidyon Shevuyim View Post
    There is a great thread over on axis history forums about this girl.

Here
    Wow, what an amazing research study. Those guys have nailed the location of the video, the woman's unit, the date, and the material she is carrying. I would guess that they will eventually determine her identity through German or US documents...this would be a great story for History Detectives.

Thanks for sharing that link, PS.

looking, thinking: lifes too short to dance with fat chicks

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuy View Post
    Strange, the woman in the video looks kind of "modern". I can't really explain it..
    Maybe it's her hair or the way she walks?

its mainly the hair. its because its not pinned up as it was in those days.

another thing would be the quality of the film and if you look at better quality of the orinal film, her hair is all matted with blood.

that is a big wad of cash she has in her hands too, not sure if it was worth much though. wonder if it was enough to gain her safe passage out.

the thread on the axis history forum is unreal as to how they did research to find the road etc from the full clip (the second link in the first post of this thread)