Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese steal F-35 secrets from BAE ?

Default Chinese steal F-35 secrets from BAE ?

Anyone who can read the sunday times ? http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/

google translation of norwegian article

Chinese spies have hacked into the database to BAE-Systems is the UK's biggest arms company and stolen details of design, performance, and the electronic system in the plane said security personnel to The Times.

Joint Strike Fighter project, aka F-35, is a collaboration between a number of countries to provide the Western allies command of the air in the years ahead.

May be disclosed
    The fear now is that important information about the particular aircraft's stealth technology has now leaked out. It is this technology that will make the aircraft to avoid enemy radar.

Details of the attack has been a secret in the British intelligence since it was discovered three years ago, but revealed by a leader in the construction during a dinner for security experts in cyberspace last year.

One of those who attended the dinner, told The Times:

- He was genuinely worried that the attack had been going on for so long and that it posed a threat to the aircraft's defense.

May have caused delays
    Professor Anthony Glees, who also attended the dinner, said:

- It seems that the Chinese had plans that allow them to undermine the defense of the country. It is very worrying that not GCHQ (the British network security in Cheltenham) is not discovered this before, for it is they who will lead the fight against crime on the Internet.

BAE would not comment on the matter.

The Times says that espionage can be a cause of delays in the JSF program.

When they run out of excuses for delaying the JSF, they start blaming the Chinese. Nicely done, folks.

Banned user

Time to bow down to our new overlords and begg for the opportunity to assimilate and 成为一个与我们黄色大师。 构建一切我们自己为什么没有他们,我们应向他们儿童未来的税......我们中国! McDonalds, apple pie, Chevrolet...no wait that's Chinese! Help me!!!!

If you want to keep information safe then dont physically connect those databases into Internet.

terrorist sympathiser

Quote Originally Posted by jokuvaan View Post
    If you want to keep information safe then dont physically connect those databases into Internet.
    facebook are evil!

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
    When they run out of excuses for delaying the JSF, they start blaming the Chinese. Nicely done, folks.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

This. I can't believe how ****ing stupid some defense contractors are.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Mein Teil View Post
    Time to bow down to our new overlords and begg for the opportunity to assimilate and 成为一个与我们黄色大师。 构建一切我们自己为什么没有他们,我们应向他们儿童未来的税......我们中国! McDonalds, apple pie, Chevrolet...no wait that's Chinese! Help me!!!!
    where is the never die spirit?

Banned user

it's hard to believe that reputed contractors like BAE kept critical data relating F35 in systems connected to internet.

This, it always amazes me how stupid some of these people are, surely they have network admins who would be telling them the same thing it's the most basic way to protect important data.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    This. I can't believe how ****ing stupid some defense contractors are.
    Isn't a program of this importance and magnitude supposed to have its own independent network or are we missing something in the picture here ?

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade View Post
    Isn't a program of this importance and magnitude supposed to have its own independent network or are we missing something in the picture here ?
    You'd think.

This is what I am thinking every time I hear about some hackers getting their hands onto secrets.
    Unless it is supposed to get shared over the internet, don't connect it to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    This is what I am thinking every time I hear about some hackers getting their hands onto secrets.
    Unless it is supposed to get shared over the internet, don't connect it to the internet.
    What's worse is there was the whole fiasco several years back about the F-35 program being compromise over the internet, so it's not like it's never happened before. Lesson learned: not a goddamn thing.

Even if this article was verified accurate, I can't think of any punitive response that could be placed upon the Chinese. We let them hack systems across the world (including US goverment sites), we hand them half our economy, they buy our debt, etc. I cant think of a more frustrating situation (in context of maintaining economic and military advantages) than the Chinese and their growth and how most of the world enables it. Now if only THEY would get their hands dirty around the world helping with natural disaster clean up, food aid and attempts and military intervention.