Thread: Lack of Youth Programs Effect On Progress In Afghanistan ?

Latent Hippy looking for their Summer of Love Stuja's Avatar

Default Lack of Youth Programs Effect On Progress In Afghanistan ?

just curious

do any of u think that the lack of youth programs, such as sports and music , is one of the reasons afghanistan hasnt improved much ?

the youth are very important
    I believe the combination of any religion (islam in this case) and certain cultural values and experiences in which a person is brought up certainly will have an effect on violence.
    In this case sports programs such as gymnastics, wrestling and football will not only bring a great sense of pride in themselves as people, but in their teammates and the country as well. music is also important as well, music creativity should depend on that persons sense of exploration of new music. which would lead to international bands eventually. western style rock bands in kabul are a minority but things like that are important in a country such as this.

i know there is a lack of not only resources for these programs, but certainly the united states has the power and money to invest in such youth programs ?

thoughts ?

Providing youth programs can be an uphill battle.

1. People will question the existence of sports facilities when clean water, jobs, and electricity is not around.

2. Nutjobs in Muslim countries have long believed that sports nowadays are work of the Jews (I'm serious, they truly believe that) that tries to take Muslims away from devotion (live sports coverage, uniforms that does not conform with sharia dress code) and may give out threat of death to those who play. No, I'm not saying that the Afghanis do not play sports, but the madness of the extremist knows no bounds.

3. Youngsters did not join the Taliban out of boredom. They did out of poverty, compulsion and indoctrination. The money is best supplied to create jobs and counter the Taliban propaganda.

Latent Hippy looking for their Summer of Love Stuja's Avatar

well in response to ur first point these things would obviously have to be fitted running water, jobs for the staff, etc. otherwise my point would be invalid in the first place if quality wasnt involved. but i can understand the other points, but dont u think maybe a new generation can change that ?

New generations can't change that without a proper functional government, equal educational system etc. Everyhting that a country needs to have to stand on its own. Also having some sort of peace after decades of war would be a nice start. First get basic things running, then with stability there comes opportunities for more detailed programmes and initiatives IMHO.