Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea Missle Test Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    North Korea needs a space program like a fish needs a bicycle... Sorry, I went all feminist philosophy for a moment there.
    north koreans are very paranoid bunch, so security and national dignity is their main priority rather than food

Everyone knows it is a PR game. The first rockets in space were based on ICBMs and the this is a way to test an ICBM with a space payload.

maybe also to impress a middle eastern customer ......

i was watching the CNN "guided tour of the North Korean Rocket Site" footage today, and noticed a shot of one of the workers on the gantry with his arm completely inside an access hatch jiggling some part or another around as hard as he could. like really trying to work a bolt loose or something, just balls deep in the rocket. it was pretty good.

if a part in your new rocket requires the physical force of an entire human body (malnutrition or not) to adjust on the launchpad, you're probably doing something wrong. i somehow doubt that the Kim Jong Un memorial space rectangle will make it to orbit....

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    go back to comic books ..........

Sorry never read comic books, and there is some validly to what I said. In the past when the North started the long range rocket program the US threatened to strike at the older launch pad if the North started to fuel the rocket they moved to the test pad, and that was back before all the extreme provocations the North pulled in recent years. so what better time to start fueling the rocket then when there are a high number of PR people around.. One reporter noted that people working on the rocket and the minders that were with everyone seemed really really nervous like they could hardy wait to get away from the pad, along with the guards also seemed to want to get as far away from the pad as possible..

Everyone knows it is a PR game. The first rockets in space were based on ICBMs and the this is a way to test an ICBM with a space payload.
    They were not based, they were ICBMs. Korolev's R7 was used as a satellite booster almost unmodified.

Slowly going over the press pictures and measuring the parts and slowly reconstructing the tower.

maybe also to impress a middle eastern customer ......
    V2's certain did live warhead testing

Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    They were not based, they were ICBMs. Korolev's R7 was used as a satellite booster almost unmodified.
    As an attempt to cover both US and russian designs I said based. Much more true with the Russian designs. Also vis versa ex Russian ICBMs have become sattelite lunch vehicles.

Staring pseudo-communists over pointy barbed wires

Well, there're still selections of launch vehicles which were once actual combat-ready ballistic missiles(apart from lotsa missile-derivative launch vehicles), converted into space rockets due to arms reduction treaty or retirement, like Start(SS-25 Sickle), Dnepr(SS-18 Satan), Shtil/Volna(SS-N-23 Skiff).

Default Threat Against the Interception of North Korean Satellite Launch...?

Attachment 177244
    Threat Against the Interception of North Korean Satellite Launch...?
    Even North Korea's most trusted ally, China is firmly urging North Korea to abort the satellite launch of Kwangmyeongsung-3...
    But you can never know the extent of North Korea's menace and obstinacy.
    North Korean authorities are threatening that "interception of peaceful rocket launch will result in ruinous consequences," and that "North Korea will take necessary actions in the case of an interception."
    This time, they added that they will "consider the act of interception as an declaration of war."
    The problem is that even if Kwangmyeongsung-3 is indeed a satellite, there is considerable possibility that the first propellant may crash in Korea's West Sea islands, Japan, and the Philippines territory.
    Therefore, Korea, Japan and the Philippines, are planning to intercept the rocket propellant as a measure to protect one's homeland. Japan's Self-Defense Forces, in particular has ordered 'destruction measure' against the North Korean rocket.
    Although North Korea's regime may be in trouble both domestic and foreign domains, the North Korea should abandon the long-range missile launch, and the nuclear test, which the UN, ROK, China, the US, and other countries are openly denouncing, and should use peaceful, diplomatic measures and cooperate with the world to create a more stable regime, and find ways for the provision of food in North Korea.

Yeah, I too would like to see the Philippine Ballistic Defense System in action, heard the Mark I Prayer has been fielded in decades, but its warhead called the "Hand of God" has not been used to intercept ballistic missile launches yet.

How else could they do?
    The entire human space program came out from military studies about rockets and missiles ...

Now here it's clear that their military it's also very much involved and interested to test something that can be turned into a long-rage weapon.
    For military interest i'm quiet interested to see how distant they can sent this one
    For space-development interest i'm quiet interested to see if NK will can "steal" the 10place for the country that developed and launched independently a satellite.

It's clearly the possibility of strategic development of NK, but also the western press it's pointing out now that "Now they are trying to launch a satellite", while previously the press said "It's a military launch".
    The best definition can be "It's a launch of satellite that can also provide information and results for a military use of similar rockets/missiles"

We agree that the UN Resolution forbidden (if i'm correct) all the space-launchs from North Korea (knowing that they can have a military secret test project), but that bring other problems too.... Basically because the West didn't made such fuss for the Iranian satellite launches (and i think can be more probable if Iran and Israel start bombing each others, rather then a full-scale war in Korea) (and speaking of this... quiet interesting that none said nothing for the Israel satellite launch, missile programs and nuclear weapons <.< )

Quote Originally Posted by Reditalianwolf View Post
    (and speaking of this... quiet interesting that none said nothing for the Israel satellite launch, missile programs and nuclear weapons <.< )
    Well, GŁnter Grass recently has said about it — and what good did it do to him? Except an unsightly scandal and Israel's petty revenge, that is?

Well, GŁnter Grass recently has said about it — and what good did it do to him? Except an unsightly scandal and Israel's petty revenge, that is?
    I was thinking about US+Nato+UN..
    If i remember well the SK was warned to not develope their missiles strategic or develope nuclear weapons, to not make worse the situation (even if that's balanced by the UN military power)
    That didn't happens with Israel vs Iran,Iraq, Syra....

Quote Originally Posted by Reditalianwolf View Post
    How else could they do?
    The entire human space program came out from military studies about rockets and missiles ...

Now here it's clear that their military it's also very much involved and interested to test something that can be turned into a long-rage weapon.
    For military interest i'm quiet interested to see how distant they can sent this one
    For space-development interest i'm quiet interested to see if NK will can "steal" the 10place for the country that developed and launched independently a satellite.

It's clearly the possibility of strategic development of NK, but also the western press it's pointing out now that "Now they are trying to launch a satellite", while previously the press said "It's a military launch".
    The best definition can be "It's a launch of satellite that can also provide information and results for a military use of similar rockets/missiles"

We agree that the UN Resolution forbidden (if i'm correct) all the space-launchs from North Korea (knowing that they can have a military secret test project), but that bring other problems too.... Basically because the West didn't made such fuss for the Iranian satellite launches (and i think can be more probable if Iran and Israel start bombing each others, rather then a full-scale war in Korea) (and speaking of this... quiet interesting that none said nothing for the Israel satellite launch, missile programs and nuclear weapons <.< )
    You do know that countries or even universities can approach rocket launching states like Russia, USA, China (NK good buddy) and put up satellites in space?
    For example universities in western Europe launched amateur radio satellite (microsatellite) with Russian rocket (among other things).