Thread: 1965: 'If I Were the Devil' (Warning for a Nation) - Paul Harvey

Default 1965: 'If I Were the Devil' (Warning for a Nation) - Paul Harvey

This speech was broadcast by legendary ABC Radio commentator Paul Harvey on April 3, 1965:

If I were the Devil . . . I mean, if I were the Prince of Darkness, I would of course, want to engulf the whole earth in darkness. I would have a third of its real estate and four-fifths of its population, but I would not be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree, so I should set about however necessary to take over the United States. I would begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve: Do as you please. Do as you please. To the young, I would whisper, The Bible is a myth. I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what is bad is good, and what is good is square. In the ears of the young marrieds, I would whisper that work is debasing, that cocktail parties are good for you. I would caution them not to be extreme in religion, in patriotism, in moral conduct. And the old, I would teach to pray. I would teach them to say after me: Our Father, which art in Washington . . .
    If I were the devil, Id educate authors in how to make lurid literature exciting so that anything else would appear dull an uninteresting. Id threaten T.V. with dirtier movies and vice versa. And then, if I were the devil, Id get organized. Id infiltrate unions and urge more loafing and less work, because idle hands usually work for me. Id peddle narcotics to whom I could. Id sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. And Id tranquilize the rest with pills. If I were the devil, I would encourage schools to refine yound intellects but neglect to discipline emotions . . . let those run wild. I would designate an athiest to front for me before the highest courts in the land and I would get preachers to say shes right. With flattery and promises of power, I could get the courts to rule what I construe as against God and in favor of ****ography, and thus, I would evict God from the courthouse, and then from the school house, and then from the houses of Congress and then, in His own churches I would substitute psychology for religion, and I would deify science because that way men would become smart enough to create super weapons but not wise enough to control them.
    If I were Satan, Id make the symbol of Easter an egg, and the symbol of Christmas, a bottle. If I were the devil, I would take from those who have and I would give to those who wanted, until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. And then, my police state would force everybody back to work. Then, I could separate families, putting children in uniform, women in coal mines, and objectors in slave camps. In other words, if I were Satan, Id just keep on doing what hes doing.
    Paul Harvey, Good Day.
    http://nation.foxnews.com/paul-harve...il-paul-harvey

?

Amazying....

I love the comments on that foxnews link. "Obama is Stan" "Harvey is a prophet" Let's all vote for Santorum and he will save our nation from Satan's attack against Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    I love the comments on that foxnews link. "Obama is Stan" "Harvey is a prophet" Let's all vote for Santorum and he will save our nation from Satan's attack against Christmas...
    Ha Ha Ha.....

Cocktail parties uuuh vevy vevy evil.

Well for the year 1965 it is an example of excellent foresight and not a prophecy. Also it has nothing to do with the current management but society in general.

And here I was, thinking I'd be quoting same strange far-out fringe scream sheet when I post links to The Trumpet... What's next? Pam Schuffert reporting on the Illuminati and the UN-NWO globalist agenda?

The prime difference between the OP's source and the good Christians at The Trumpet seems to be how the tithing of their flocks is organized.

Banned user

So, Obama is Satan? I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed.

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    So, Obama is Satan? I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed.
    Nope. Obama is Stan!

Quote Originally Posted by [RNZE]Sapper View Post
    Nope. Obama is Stan!

Pretty sure that guy had a hand in 9/11

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

So. . .someone posts an article discussing the dangers of society sliding into the sewer and it's met with. . .mockery? His name should have been Paul Nostradamus.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    So. . .someone posts an article discussing the dangers of society sliding into the sewer and it's met with. . .mockery? His name should have been Paul Nostradamus.
    What do you expect from a society that tries to emulate "Jersey Shores"?

I love Paul Harvey, I grew up with him!!!

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    What do you expect from a society that tries to emulate "Jersey Shores"?
    True. I'll bet the 99 percenters have him rolling in his grave.