Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 222425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Toulouse Suspects Cornered

I think there are different approaches and tactics to the same situation.
    That's granted. In fact among our CT unit we already have different approaches and tactics. Between the GIGN, the Raid, the 1st RPMIA, the cultures and know how are different (even if those units train regularly together). This is even more true when you compare countries to countries. Except the equipment and basics i don't think that the operational culture share so much commonalities between the SAS CT squadron, the US SWAT, SRT, SOG or HRT, the german GSG9 or SEK or the Israeli Sayerets (don't even know which one is intended to operate in similar cases).
    And you are right, political situation is (unfortunately) a big operational factor here. And often a factor of screwing up

His former psychologist gives us his pinion on Mohammed Merah, from an "anxious, narcissistic and fragile boy" he became a "cold blooded predator unaffected by what he is doing".

Apparently Mohammed Merah should have received treatments and psychologic care and such...

http://www.franceinfo.fr/faits-diver...821-2012-03-24

And the weapon used in Toulouse and Montauban has been retrieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    That's granted. In fact among our CT unit we already have different approaches and tactics. Between the GIGN, the Raid, the 1st RPMIA, the cultures and know how are different (even if those units train regularly together). This is even more true when you compare countries to countries. Except the equipment and basics i don't think that the operational culture share so much commonalities between the SAS CT squadron, the US SWAT, SRT, SOG or HRT, the german GSG9 or SEK or the Israeli Sayerets (don't even know which one is intended to operate in similar cases).
    And you are right, political situation is (unfortunately) a big operational factor here. And often a factor of screwing up
    In this particular case, it would be Yamam (anti-terrorist police unit/SWAT).

Especially here.

RAID is backed by Sarkozy, and those who don't like him will inevitably judge his actions and those executing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Especially here.

RAID is backed by Sarkozy, and those who don't like him will inevitably judge his actions and those executing them.
    That's a point
    But Camera has said it also few posts above. Culture of criticism is not something very developed in our country, because especially of the bipartisan polarization of the political chess. See, if i dare to criticize the operation (me or those who know better in fact like former SF team leaders) we would be labelled anti-Sarkozy. If i praise the operation (even if there are some areas which obvously "laissent à desirer" ) i would be labelled as pro-Sarkozy

I think that lessons should be understood from the event (in all areas, Raid SOPs, DCRI functions and manpower, function of the PMs like Guéant, function of the journalists, function and role of the society/local mosquees and imams/influence of internet jihadi sites ..... and so on and so on) without the scope of bipartisanism
    But it's a "voeu pieu" from my side

Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    In this particular case, it would be Yamam (anti-terrorist police unit/SWAT).
    Thxs IDF Tanker

That's a point
    But Camera has said it also few posts above. Culture of criticism is not something very developed in our country, because especially of the bipartisan polarization of the political chess. See, if i dare to criticize the operation (me or those who know better in fact like former SF team leaders) we would be labelled anti-Sarkozy. If i praise the operation (even if there are some areas which obvously "laissent à desirer" ) i would be labelled as pro-Sarkozy

I think that lessons should be understood from the event (in all areas, Raid SOPs, DCRI functions and manpower, function of the PMs like Guéant, function of the journalists, function and role of the society/local mosquees and imams/influence of internet jihadi sites ..... and so on and so on) without the scope of bipartisanism
    But it's a "voeu pieu" from my side
    X2

In my opinion too, it's a pity that a constructive debate can not be held on any of these areas without being politically exploited. It's sure that the elections context is not helpful for that, but even in ordinary times critics are too often serving an agenda and not really intended or not really perceived to be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    X2

In my opinion too, it's a pity that a constructive debate can not be held on any of these areas without being politically exploited. It's sure that the elections context is not helpful for that, but even in ordinary times critics are too often serving an agenda and not really intended or not really perceived to be constructive.

2X to Mordoror's post

and 2X to yours. A friend one said, politics is part of the human behavior. How to remove that aspect, is a solution that may be impossible to find. So we will always be stuck with this dilemma. Some how rational behavior and people just does not seem to mix.

Police quiz Merah's 'proud' brother

[*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Anti-terrorist police in Paris are questioning a brother of Islamist gunman Mohamed Merah to determine if he played any part in deadly attacks.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Abdelkader Merah was flown to Paris from Toulouse along with his partner and taken to the headquarters of the domestic intelligence agency (DCRI).[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Mohamed Merah admitted killing seven people in execution-style gun attacks before dying in a police siege.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Abdelkader reportedly told police after the attacks he was "proud" of him.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]His mother was released without charge on Friday evening.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Investigators are trying to establish if Merah, a 23-year-old French citizen of Algerian descent, acted alone.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17499831[/FONT][/COLOR]

Merah felt 'endless pleasure' during school massacre
    [FONT=Arial]
    As his house lay under siege, Toulouse terrorist Mohammed Merah admitted to police that he felt 'endless pleasure' during Ozar Hatorah attack; wished he could have killed more[/FONT]
    [*******#646464][FONT=Arial]
    Roi Simyoni

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...207446,00.html[/FONT][/COLOR]

The marches for the victims was held today in Paris and Toulouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    Merah felt 'endless pleasure' during school massacre
    [FONT=Arial]
    As his house lay under siege, Toulouse terrorist Mohammed Merah admitted to police that he felt 'endless pleasure' during Ozar Hatorah attack; wished he could have killed more[/FONT]
    [*******#646464][FONT=Arial]
    Roi Simyoni

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...207446,00.html[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Imho that confirms that this guy was not an usual djihadist but was also litteraly nuts in the psychiatry sense. Complex personnality, less brainless and manipulable than the usual kamikaze wannabee (he refused to be part of suicide actions in Astan) but also higly unstable with possibile multiple personnalities/schizophrenic behaviour (was seen yelling in the streets with a BDU and a saber, had violent periods and very quiet periods, spent 2 weeks in a psy service for suicide attempt).
    About time to remove him from the circulation

Imho that confirms that this guy was not an usual djihadist but was also litteraly nuts in the psychiatry sense. Complex personnality, less brainless and manipulable than the usual kamikaze wannabee (he refused to be part of suicide actions in Astan) but also higly unstable with possibile multiple personnalities/schizophrenic behaviour (was seen yelling in the streets with a BDU and a saber, had violent periods and very quiet periods, spent 2 weeks in a psy service for suicide attempt).
    X2 i aggree with this. Not your typical Mohammed Atta jihadist...

Also agreed on this... I think people, who commit these crimes, (if you could look into their skull) are for sure 99% psychopaths ... to justify their crimes they screen the "religuous market" to find the appropriate alibi for their actions...

In the newspaper this morning a read that there was a "islamic-support-demonstration for Mohammed M" in France... those people don't understand that they are making it worse for their community... how do they think that the public wil act ? (elections ahead). Those moslims sure have a problem with rublic relations...

Banned user

Like for the Roubaix Gang, the borders of insanity are easily crossed claiming you're doeing it for ALLAH (or the proletariat or whoever).