Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 232526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Toulouse Suspects Cornered

Police quiz Merah's 'proud' brother

[*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Anti-terrorist police in Paris are questioning a brother of Islamist gunman Mohamed Merah to determine if he played any part in deadly attacks.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Abdelkader Merah was flown to Paris from Toulouse along with his partner and taken to the headquarters of the domestic intelligence agency (DCRI).[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Mohamed Merah admitted killing seven people in execution-style gun attacks before dying in a police siege.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Abdelkader reportedly told police after the attacks he was "proud" of him.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]His mother was released without charge on Friday evening.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Investigators are trying to establish if Merah, a 23-year-old French citizen of Algerian descent, acted alone.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17499831[/FONT][/COLOR]

Merah felt 'endless pleasure' during school massacre
    [FONT=Arial]
    As his house lay under siege, Toulouse terrorist Mohammed Merah admitted to police that he felt 'endless pleasure' during Ozar Hatorah attack; wished he could have killed more[/FONT]
    [*******#646464][FONT=Arial]
    Roi Simyoni

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...207446,00.html[/FONT][/COLOR]

The marches for the victims was held today in Paris and Toulouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    Merah felt 'endless pleasure' during school massacre
    [FONT=Arial]
    As his house lay under siege, Toulouse terrorist Mohammed Merah admitted to police that he felt 'endless pleasure' during Ozar Hatorah attack; wished he could have killed more[/FONT]
    [*******#646464][FONT=Arial]
    Roi Simyoni

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...207446,00.html[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Imho that confirms that this guy was not an usual djihadist but was also litteraly nuts in the psychiatry sense. Complex personnality, less brainless and manipulable than the usual kamikaze wannabee (he refused to be part of suicide actions in Astan) but also higly unstable with possibile multiple personnalities/schizophrenic behaviour (was seen yelling in the streets with a BDU and a saber, had violent periods and very quiet periods, spent 2 weeks in a psy service for suicide attempt).
    About time to remove him from the circulation

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    Imho that confirms that this guy was not an usual djihadist but was also litteraly nuts in the psychiatry sense. Complex personnality, less brainless and manipulable than the usual kamikaze wannabee (he refused to be part of suicide actions in Astan) but also higly unstable with possibile multiple personnalities/schizophrenic behaviour (was seen yelling in the streets with a BDU and a saber, had violent periods and very quiet periods, spent 2 weeks in a psy service for suicide attempt).
    X2 i aggree with this. Not your typical Mohammed Atta jihadist...

Also agreed on this... I think people, who commit these crimes, (if you could look into their skull) are for sure 99% psychopaths ... to justify their crimes they screen the "religuous market" to find the appropriate alibi for their actions...

In the newspaper this morning a read that there was a "islamic-support-demonstration for Mohammed M" in France... those people don't understand that they are making it worse for their community... how do they think that the public wil act ? (elections ahead). Those moslims sure have a problem with rublic relations...

Banned user

Like for the Roubaix Gang, the borders of insanity are easily crossed claiming you're doeing it for ALLAH (or the proletariat or whoever).

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf View Post
    In the newspaper this morning a read that there was a "islamic-support-demonstration for Mohammed M" in France... those people don't understand that they are making it worse for their community... how do they think that the public wil act ? (elections ahead). Those moslims sure have a problem with rublic relations...
    What the hell ? Seriously ?! Didn't hear about this **** ! Though the conspiracy nuts are already going bonkers, about how convenient it's close to election time, or that they "triggered" him to do the attack (goddamn microwaves ! where's the tinfoil hat ?!)

I think people, who commit these crimes, (if you could look into their skull) are for sure 99% psychopaths ... to justify their crimes they screen the "religuous market" to find the appropriate alibi for their actions...
    Nah
    99% are psychologically and intellectually weak and easilly brainwashed (much like in sects and with the same methods). That's doesn't make them psychologically ill (exactly like others sect member.) But taking pleasure of slaughtering kids is another level. : i.e psychopathic behaviour. They are more dangerous because more impredictable and more manipulative of their environment, exactly like MM.

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf View Post
    (…)

It's far more than a PR issue. It reflects the support/fascination/sympathy of a part of the Muslim community with radical Islam and terrorism.

This phenomenon is very dangerous and the ideologies behind it should be fought more actively.
    Unfortunately on this front, the influence of the state and the mainstream media on this fragment of the population is quite marginal. The Muslim authorities of France could make a much more effective contribution.

In the last days, different Muslim leaders in France not only strongly condemned MM but also stated that the ideas he defends have nothing to do with Islam. This is an important message. It should continue to be passed to the members of the community on a regular basis, even after the present terror attacks are forgotten.

On one hand, the moderate preachers in the mosques could have an important educative role. They should enlighten the believers on the derivative Islamic ideologies and the sad record of the terror groups they created: AQ, MB, Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Quds…
    On the other hand, the radical preachers should be identified and banned from all the mosques. It won't be easy to achieve, because it seems that when the moderate Muslims dare to oppose them, they are threatened and silenced.

@Camera

I agree. One of the issues that the Muslim community (but not only them) has is that the words of what are seen as "pampered elites" does not resonate that deep down.

It's on the local level that actions will be the most rewarding.

Nah
    99% are psychologically and intellectually weak and easilly brainwashed (much like in sects and with the same methods). That's doesn't make them psychologically ill (exactly like others sect member.) But taking pleasure of slaughtering kids is another level. : i.e psychopathic behaviour. They are more dangerous because more impredictable and more manipulative of their environment, exactly like MM.
    I may have a possible, and perhaps simplistic, explanation about that. Who did MM kill? French soldiers, a rabbi and three Franco-jewish kids, plus he wounded a few policemen. Who do these radicals hate the most? French soldiers for their action in Afghanistan, Jewish people for they are Jewish and policemen for they represent a state and a country they hate (but still live in and receive welfare from).

From what you could hear and read, from these people praising the actions of MM, all this was fine. He was a good guy who stood by his idea and kept his word as for what he would do. All the rest, killing these soldiers, teacher and children were absolutely fine.

Condamnations from Muslim leaders is a good thing yes, this has to be condemned. But is it really enough? I don't think those concerned by these condemnations really care and/or are affected by them. It only creates another schism inside the Muslim community and another "class" on which the moderate Muslim leaders have no influence on.

And then you also have all the supporters, flagging themselves as muslims for they are from Magreb or have parents/relatives originating from north Africa/Middle East countries but who, appart from spending hollidays "au bled" and practicing Ramadan, have no ties with the Muslim religion. Adding weight and popularity to the radical movement through and irrelevant and somehow hypocritical behavior.

Banned user

Urrghh what ideologies?

It's France, not Lebanon, nor the Gaza *****. Most of those groups have a goal, the primary goal is political. What does AQ, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, the Hizb have in common? They're all byproducts. I don't know why you put forward al-Quds, but I guess while your brush was going too far it was still useful. You can always backpedal afterwards.

MM had no political goal. He was a psychopath, with a personnality disorder who had said during the stand off things and their contrary. He was deluded, probably under influence (both spiritual and narcotic). "That fragment of the population" is by far the most materialistic, the most laborious (most Immigrants/Allochtones work 20% further to achieve parity of revenue in Europe generally) and most shat upon piece of the puzzle.

Most of these guys are on a state of mental disarray because they see clear through the system we have in Europe. It's a hell of a life, granted better than what they could have expected had they seen the light on their "home" countries, to live when you are continuously confronted with the filthy sight of social stagnation and rejection. They cave in easily and can't cope with it. While you seem pretty much adamant to accuse Islam by deflection, I'd be far more cautious on that, since we had not so far other similar issues with social disparity. It was called class warfare. While everyone buried Communism, they all forgot that communism was a reaction. A fairly constructed one, but yet a reaction. And before communism, France had a Revolution. And before that a Religious conflict. etc etc etc. Class warfare just got a "djellabah".

The bottom point here is not religion. The point here is terror and causes of terror. Even MM said it was "payback". I never heard anyone saying this was an attempt to mass convert the whole of France. This should remind us that we're powerless towards our own allegations. We don't have any moral advantage (other than on paper) over these people. We don't as individuals, but we try as a society. That society is being slowly broken into bits. Let's try to hold it together while we can, instead of flinging accusation of Muslims doeing not enough to fight terror. Last time I checked they're the ones suffering from it the most.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by KoTeMoRe View Post
    Urrghh what ideologies?

It's France, not Lebanon, nor the Gaza *****. Most of those groups have a goal, the primary goal is political. What does AQ, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, the Hizb have in common? They're all byproducts. I don't know why you put forward al-Quds, but I guess while your brush was going too far it was still useful. You can always backpedal afterwards.

MM had no political goal. He was a psychopath, with a personnality disorder who had said during the stand off things and their contrary. He was deluded, probably under influence (both spiritual and narcotic). "That fragment of the population" is by far the most materialistic, the most laborious (most Immigrants/Allochtones work 20% further to achieve parity of revenue in Europe generally) and most shat upon piece of the puzzle.

Most of these guys are on a state of mental disarray because they see clear through the system we have in Europe. It's a hell of a life, granted better than what they could have expected had they seen the light on their "home" countries, to live when you are continuously confronted with the filthy sight of social stagnation and rejection. They cave in easily and can't cope with it. While you seem pretty much adamant to accuse Islam by deflection, I'd be far more cautious on that, since we had not so far other similar issues with social disparity. It was called class warfare. While everyone buried Communism, they all forgot that communism was a reaction. A fairly constructed one, but yet a reaction. And before communism, France had a Revolution. And before that a Religious conflict. etc etc etc. Class warfare just got a "djellabah".

The bottom point here is not religion. The point here is terror and causes of terror. Even MM said it was "payback". I never heard anyone saying this was an attempt to mass convert the whole of France. This should remind us that we're powerless towards our own allegations. We don't have any moral advantage (other than on paper) over these people. We don't as individuals, but we try as a society. That society is being slowly broken into bits. Let's try to hold it together while we can, instead of flinging accusation of Muslims doeing not enough to fight terror. Last time I checked they're the ones suffering from it the most.
    Good post. I agree.

I wholeheartedly agree with Kotemore too