Thread: Paintballing with Hezbollah

Default Paintballing with Hezbollah

Ok, I had hard time figuring to which section this topic should go to, so if mods think that it should be in Political discussion or OT than I apologize. Anyway it is one of the most interesting articles I read in a while.

Paintballing with Hezbollah

We figured they’d cheat; they were Hezbollah, after all. But none of us—a team of four Western journalists—thought we’d be dodging military-grade flash bangs when we initiated this “friendly” paintball match.

The battle takes place underground in a grungy, bunker-like basement underneath a Beirut ***** mall. When the grenades go off it’s like being caught out in a ferocious thunderstorm: blinding flashes of hot white light, blasts of sound that reverberate deep inside my ears.

As my eyesight returns and readjusts to the dim arena light, I poke out from my position behind a low cinder-block wall. Two large men in green jumpsuits are bearing down on me. I have them right in my sights, but they seem unfazed—even as I open fire from close range, peppering each with several clear, obvious hits. I expect them to freeze, maybe even acknowledge that this softie American journalist handily overcame their flash-bang trickery and knocked them out of the game. Perhaps they’ll even smile and pat me on the back as they walk off the playing field in a display of good sportsmanship (after cheating, of course).

Instead, they shoot me three times, point-blank, right in the groin.

From this distance (well within the 15-foot “safety zone”), paintballs feel like bee stings. I raise my hands in pain and confusion, signaling to the referee that I’m leaving the game. But the bigger one—a tall, muscular farm boy from the deep south of Lebanon who tonight is going by the name Khodor—isn’t finished with me yet: He wraps his giant hands around my body and tries to throw me over his shoulder with the kind of deftness that only comes from practice. I’m quick enough to break free and flee, but my teammate Ben isn’t so lucky. Khodor and his partner move past me in perfect military formation, plunging deeper into our defenses. Soon they apprehend Ben, pushing him ahead of them, human shield-style.
    About Israelis

“They are well trained and tough,” he says. “They fight hard and defend their land and people. I respect them as enemies. They work with their hands, they fight for themselves, and they take care of their own people, so they’re much better than the Saudis.” He goes on: “Saudis are the worst people alive. They claim to be the most religious Muslims and were given the greatest gift of any nation by God himself. Do they protect Muslims with this money? Do they feed the poor? Build a culture? No, they spend it all on cars and whores. I hate them.”

“If the war is fought 500 meters that way, the resistance could never win,” he says. “We couldn’t beat the Israelis there, not on their land, by their homes.” I’ve never heard an Islamic militant ever admit that Israel is Israeli land. He continues by pointing out that in 1982, 50,000 trained and well-equipped Palestinian troops couldn’t keep the Israelis out of Beirut for a week. But by his count, less than 1,000 Hezbollah fighters did the job alone for 34 days in 2006. “Palestinians can’t fight because they have no homes to defend. There would already be a Palestine if it weren’t for the Palestinians.”
    http://www.vice.com/read/paintballin...?Contentpage=1

“They are well trained and tough,” he says. “They fight hard and defend their land and people. I respect them as enemies. They work with their hands, they fight for themselves, and they take care of their own people, so they’re much better than the Saudis.” He goes on: “Saudis are the worst people alive. They claim to be the most religious Muslims and were given the greatest gift of any nation by God himself. Do they protect Muslims with this money? Do they feed the poor? Build a culture? No, they spend it all on cars and whores. I hate them.”

There would already be a Palestine if it weren’t for the Palestinians.”

What a wise man!!! Agreed.

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

Very interesting article! Thanks for sharing.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Why they cheat at a paint ball game?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber View Post
    Why they cheat at a paint ball game?
    ME mentality and rules don't really work together...

Excellent article thanks mate. Vice surprises me sometimes.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    ME mentality and rules don't really work together...
    I know how it is, but I still dont get why they did it, whats the point? the cheated dudes still know they won.

Kind of like the story, he was a good boy, loved his mother, took care of his grand parents, etc, Except he was a age specific pedophile.

Hezbullah is a terrorists organization with a lot of innocent blood on their hands. Regardless how someone wants to paint them........ they murder innocent people.