Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Switzerland: Complete freedom with Guns

The Garlic Fields of Transylvania, Romania.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    Oki doky, so a policeman armed with a 9mm Glock killing civilians is perfectly fine to you in your happy corner of the world, i will go buy a bullet proof vest not a gun then, any recommendations people something cheap that stops police bullets ?
    And from know on i will lobby the handcuffs and leg restrains for all the people who practice karate, boxing or tae kwan do or stuff like that cause you know they can kill with their shins or fists and of course i will demand that all the cars on the roads be banned cause if a maniac with his BMW starts to run over pedestrians GTA style could kill a hundred people(more than any handgun can kill BTW) untill he is stoped by the brave police or military.

Oh and one more thing i didnt knew in the Wild West that they had psychological testing or firearms licences
    You really annoy me Connaught Ranger and unfortunately for both of us i can`t find the ignore button on this forum.
    You really have lost the plot with your above comments, if a Policeman has to regrettably shoot somebody in the line of duty, and therefore help protect the general population, then so be it, that's their job, and they manage to do their job admirably in many places in the world and the local population is quite happy with that.

You seemed to be p*ssed because I don't sign up to your "let everybody carry guns and the world will be a better place" theory. I am demanding nothing, only posting my opinion which you are allowed to do on a Public Forum, I also come from a country where for many year there were very strict gun-laws, but we still had terrorists, not once was it proposed to arm the general population in response to the terrorist threat.

Your comments "brave military or police" would seem to indicate you hold both the military and police in contempt, are you sure you are on the right Forum

As for "psychological tests and firearms licenses" do you think that they will have any bearing on crime in general most criminals wont care one way or the other.

I am not anti-gun in any way, I carried one for over 21 years in the army as well as having two Registered Licensed rifles in private life.

With regardss the car drivers, coming from you and looking at the daily carnage on the roads of Romania
    it would appear the drivers of Romania pay scant regard to the driving laws, God forbid the same people would be granted access to firearms, the devastation particularly during road-rage cases would be unthinkable.

Connaught Ranger.

f a Policeman has to regrettably shoot somebody in the line of duty, and therefore help protect the general population, then so be it, that's their job,
    I agree.
    "let everybody carry guns and the world will be a better place" theory.
    When did i say everybody ? i said the right to buy and own firearms if you are a civilian, period. I don`t think that everybody in the US of A has a firearm, correct me if i`m wrong.
    Your comments "brave military or police" would seem to indicate you hold both the military and police in contempt, are you sure you are on the right Forum
    So talk to your buddies and ban me for thinking that most of my police and army are 20 years behind the modern world in professionalism .
    most criminals wont care one way or the other.
    Exactly, they don`t, so while they shoot at me i`m left holding my **** with my hands because i dont have the right to defend myself
    I carried one for over 21 years in the army as well as having two Registered Licensed rifles in private life.
    Good for you then you are more connected than the average citizen like me.
    it would appear the drivers of Romania pay scant regard to the driving laws, God forbid the same people would be granted access to firearms, the devastation particularly during road-rage cases would be unthinkable.
    It would be a long and hard process to screen potential gun owners, and i understand why nobody would pass a law like that here since they are lazy.

The Garlic Fields of Transylvania, Romania.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    I agree.

When did i say everybody ? i said the right to buy and own firearms if you are a civilian, period. I don`t think that everybody in the US of A has a firearm, correct me if i`m wrong.

So talk to your buddies and ban me for thinking that most of my police and army are 20 years behind the modern world in professionalism .

Exactly, they don`t, so while they shoot at me i`m left holding my **** with my hands because i dont have the right to defend myself

Good for you then you are more connected than the average citizen like me.

It would be a long and hard process to screen potential gun owners, and i understand why nobody would pass a law like that here since they are lazy.
    Point 1:- Are you implying I have some sort of connection to the people who run this forum?

Point 2:- Most countries in the Europe do not allow all or just any of their citizens to bear arms in public.

Point 3:- There is no need of "connections" to owning a gun in Ireland, you make an application at the Police Station, provide a safe place to store the weapon (Steel Gun Cabinet) and currently you are required to have an alarm system on your home as well. However, you are not allowed to carry the weapon handgun, rifle on the Public Street and the weapon can only be fired at a range or on private land. The military use of military weapons comes under another criteria.

Point 4:- The "Right to bear arms" is an American right and has never been enshrined in most Western Countries Laws at any period in time.

Point 5:- you do a disservice by your comments with regards the Romanian Military both those who serve at home and abroad, they do not have any say in which way the military is funded, maintained or ran in anyway,that is not the job of a soldier, ditto for the Police, any Romanian soldiers or Police I have met here have performed their functions with no problems, no doubt you think the military in Romania should be maintained along the lines of the US military, well a country can only spend on its security services what its limited military budgets will allow.

Ireland has a military Defence Force of just 7,000 professionals between Army, Aer Corps, & Navy.

Connaught Ranger.