Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another twitterer faces death in Saudi Arabia

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Default Another twitterer faces death in Saudi Arabia

Link
    An Arab man in Saudi Arabia is accused of offending Islam and its Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) in remarks on his Twitter page, the second man to be charged with apostasy in the Gulf Kingdom.

Hundreds of Twitter users joined hands in demanding the arrest of Mohammed Salama on apostasy charges as was the case of Hamza Kashgari who is in jail for offending the Prophet (PBUH) in comments on his Twitter page.
    (PBUH)

Fricking stone-agers.
    Last edited by Hollis; 03-29-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Yes, stone-agers. But friendly stone-agers.

Kind of ironic how certain countries are looking forward to delivering democracy to random totalitarian states yet are leaving alone an absolute theocratic monarchy like Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by [64]Lynx View Post
    these guys are really insecure about their religion.
    they need to kill people who dare to think for themselves to stop others from trying.

These guys really need some laser- and INS-guided democracy, but... Nobody will do it.

[*******#333333]Hundreds of Twitter users joined hands in demanding the arrest of Mohammed Salama on apostasy charges as was the case of Hamza Kashgari who is in jail for offending the Prophet (PBUH) in comments on his Twitter page.[/COLOR]
    How lovely... No wonder I'm not booking holidays there... My opinions would make me a dead man walking.

And where did he say anything offensive ? I don't get it.

Saudi Arabia is the worst kind of hellhole and main source of organised terrorism in the world. Itīs just.......... they are so ****ing rich and sell us all their oil, so the rich people in SA can go on spending their time with hookers and camel-races while the ordinary people get stoned to death for just saying the truth.....

Banned user

That's why I don't have a twitter account.

Those [*******#333333]Hundreds of Twitter users should try to make their governments not to deal with KSA. This will help.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by a.godumov View Post
    Kind of ironic how certain countries are looking forward to delivering democracy to random totalitarian states yet are leaving alone an absolute theocratic monarchy like Saudi Arabia.
    You are 100% and I wish more of my fellow Americans woke up about it. After 9/11 we should have bombed and occupied KSA, including Mecca. We should have imposed an anti-Wahhabization similar to the efforts in post-war Germany and Japan. That is how we would have changed the ME and made the best effort to eliminate terrorism (by hitting them at home and in their pocket). Instead we're focusing on pointless distractions like Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran.

Sheikh Saleh bin Fowzan Al Fowzan, a member of the 7-man supreme committee of scholars in Saudi Arabia, said it has been established in Islam that anyone who insults God or the Prophet should be killed.
    I'll recite that to everyone who tries to get fresh with me over Islam-criticism.
    Why do I feel entitled? I'm yet to hear any Muslim official no matter from what country raise their voice and at least call for mercy.

[img]http://i43.*******.com/ae4r28.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by mechin View Post
    After 9/11 we should have bombed and occupied KSA, including Mecca.
    good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I'll recite that to everyone who tries to get fresh with me over Islam-criticism.
    Why do I feel entitled? I'm yet to hear any Muslim official no matter from what country raise their voice and at least call for mercy.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/ae4r28.jpg[/IMG]
    Who are those people? Do they get elected? What is this, the Catholic church? Would you like an Indonesian, a Malaysian, Turk, Morrocan...Which Muslim official would you like to step forward to comment on this? Would you like a Shia or a Sunni to comment? Maliki? Hanbali? Hanafi maybe?
    Do you get asked to comment on EVERY thing a German does around the world? I'll even limit it to German, and won't ask for a comment on actions of EVERY Christian around the world.

SA lives in the 18th century. Why do other Muslims in the world have to appologize for that?

Your words sound hollow. Catholic clergymen who never ever touched a child had to face questions and criticism of the public over the Churches abuse scandal, and rightfully so for they do represent their religion.
    Even in non-Islamic countries the place is littered with figures who take it to themselves to represent Islam - scholars and functionaries, clerics and activists. Recently the head of Germany's Central Council of Muslims demanded from the media to stop focusing on radicals like the killer of Toulouse and write more nice things about Islam. How does he get to utter such stupidity?
    It is not our task to tell moderate Muslims from radical ones - it is the task of the moderate Muslims to distinguish themselves from their radical fellows. If they truly wish to participate in an open and liberal society, they must voice their point of view. They must voice their opposition against this death sentence. If they do refuse, than they cannot ask to be spared from criticism or even equation with radicals.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Your words sound hollow. Catholic clergymen who never ever touched a child had to face questions and criticism of the public over the Churches abuse scandal, and rightfully so for they do represent their religion.
    Even in non-Islamic countries the place is littered with figures who take it to themselves to represent Islam - scholars and functionaries, clerics and activists. Recently the head of Germany's Central Council of Muslims demanded from the media to stop focusing on radicals like the killer of Toulouse and write more nice things about Islam. How does he get to utter such stupidity?
    It is not our task to tell moderate Muslims from radical ones - it is the task of the moderate Muslims to distinguish themselves from their radical fellows. If they truly wish to participate in an open and liberal society, they must voice their point of view. They must voice their opposition against this death sentence. If they do refuse, than they cannot ask to be spared from criticism or even equation with radicals.
    My Catholic church comment had nothing to do with the *** scandals. It was meant as a hierarchical comparison. There is no top-down hierarchy in Islam, as there is in the Catholic church for example.
    Why do they have to voice their views? Why do they have to come out and appologize, condemn or whatever, every time something happens? What does the dude in Germany have to do with SA? He is representing people in Germany, not in SA.
    Again I ask you, if a Catholic in Chile does something bad, does the Archbishop of Munich (?) HAVE to come out and condemn that? Does the Pope? If an Episcopalian does something bad, who appologizes for him/her? Just Episcopalians, or every Christan in the world?

No, they don't have to say a damn thing about this case. It has nothing to do with them. It's a matter for SA and their medieval ways. Has nothing to do with the guy in Istanbul or Berlin or NYC going about his day. Calling people radicals until they prove in a satisfactory fashion that they are are not, is so very productive. Of course, the bar for that proof will keep rising.