Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russia’s Parliament to consider bill against ‘gay propaganda’

Activist, civil rights leader, widow of Martin Luther King.

TIR.

Banned user

Don't understand it. I know loads of russian families where being gays is mandatory

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchup View Post
    and who it is? had to google it.

they will have Gay Parade in Russia only when they win a Gay War.

Your mum is a gay war

Quote Originally Posted by mathyou8 View Post
    Don't understand it. I know loads of russian families where being gays is mandatory
    Uh Huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterEight View Post
    Relic of the soviet era maybe? I dont know, maybe its the whole ortodox thing. Religion has that effect on people, just see Rick Santorum and his crowd of fanatics.
    "Meh Meh Meh it's Religion's fault, Meh Meh Meh Rick Santroum."(ZZZZZZZZZ)

In the Atheistic Soviet Union, ********** acts where punishable up to 5 years in hard labor as dictated by article 121 and this was in place for 60 years even during Glasnost.
    Last edited by Hisroyalhighness; 04-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterEight View Post
    Yeah what a terrible propagandist he was, helping getting it removed as a diagnostic category from the DSM and all.
    But that would make him a good propagandist. Part of his tactics involved disqualifying people by making up a word called "homophobia", a word still parroted to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."

-Coretta Scott King
    Not sure what you're trying to prove with that quote, but most of MLK's clan and most of the black Civil Rights would seriously object to conflating **********ity with race, with Coretta King being one noted exception.

MLK would probably not have been a gay rights supporter, here's one anecdote that sheds light on his stance :

[LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=arial]
    “I am a boy,” an anonymous writer told King. “But I feel about boys the way I ought to feel about girls. I don't want my parents to know about me. What can I do?”
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=arial]In calm, pastoral tones, King told the boy that his problem wasn’t uncommon, but required “careful attention.”[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=arial]“The type of feeling that you have toward boys is probably not an innate tendency, but something that has been culturally acquired,” King wrote. “You are already on the right road toward a solution, since you honestly recognize the problem and have a desire to solve it.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=arial]http://cnn.com/2012/01/16/what-did-mlk-think-about-gay-people/[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Last edited by liberal cl; 04-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liberal cl View Post
    Ironic that you should say that... you do realize the word "homophobia" has been a component of gay propaganda, by design, from the moment it was first coined by George Weinberg in 1972 ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Weinberg_(psychologist)
    It's in no way, shape, or form a phobia and even now is only used as a disqualifier. In short, it's bull****.
    I'm aware of it being artificial term. Frankly, I couldn't care less. Lumping together homose[*******#000080]x[/COLOR]uality and pedophilia is proof of either malevolence or highly irrational fears.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

The news here say the bill would also include a ban on HIV information and prevention work because lawmakers had argued that HIV is a virus typically carried and transmitted by homos.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    The news here say the bill would also include a ban on HIV information and prevention work because lawmakers had argued that HIV is a virus typically carried and transmitted by homos.

Well that's dumb.

78% of St. Petersbug citizens support the city law against gay propaganda:

47% - positive
    31% - rather positive
    15% - don't care
    4% - rather negative
    2% - negative

from http://www.fontanka.ru/2012/04/08/027/

I believe that support for a similar country-wide law will be very close to that.