Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another example of Media failings

Default Another example of Media failings

I made a comment about how media outlets participate in making news, not reporting news....

A report that NBC's Today show altered the 911 call that Zimmerman made, in order to make it sound much more "race related." So NBC says they will now investigate.

Yet another example:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z6

That is not "selective editing". That is deceptive editing. Frankly, Zimmerman should sue NBC for defamation or something. NBC was basically lying when they broadcast that.

CBS is doing the exact same **** today:

The Florida funeral director who handled the burial of Trayvon Martin says there were no signs of a scuffle on the dead teen, contradicting the story of the man who claimed he killed Martin during a violent scuffle. Martin died of a gunshot, the only apparent injury says the funeral director.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403734n

Really? Contradicts? Wasn't Zimmerman's claim (backed up by an eyewitness) that Martin attacked him, and he was forced to defend himself with his gun? So here we have Zimmerman getting a broken nose and lacerations to the back of his head, while Martin is untouched. Does that not in fact SUPPORT Zimmerman's claim that he was assaulted, being beaten up by Martin, in fear for his life, and force to defend himself with deadly force?

Either CBS has zero deductive reasoning, or they are consciously pushing another deceptive narrative. Which is it CBS? Are you liars or idiots?

Not surprised to hear that. Seems the narrative of the news of this generation, is theirs solely to manipulate.

Banned user

Simply disgusting. What is their motivation in doing so?

John Chancellor must be rolling in his grave. NBC/MSNBC has officially hit rock bottom slime machine. Hell the station is nothing more than "State run media".

I do not follow this news closely. Frankly, I simply do not care. However, I do have one question. Do we "know" that [*******#333333]Zimmerman had a broken nose or not? Thanks![/COLOR]

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

I'm tired of hearing about these two motherfuckers here.

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

If it bleeds, it leads

If its not bleeding, make it so

All these damn Travyon/Zimmerman political wank threads should be rolled into one super thread and then locked and tossed in the basement. Nothing new is happening and the whole thing has become a retarded circle jerk for every ******* who spouts terms like leftist and fascist...

This has more to do about how lying and corrupt the media is than it has to do with Travyon/Zimmerman.

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

When I worked for one of the largest media companies in Australia, I got a written warning for punching a journalist. After work one Friday, not long after 9/11, at the local bar. I overheard him say that he wished that another plane would fly into a building so that it would give him something to write about.

There are some good journalists out there but the majority of them twist and manipulate any story they can get their hands on. Unfortunately the headline "Police Officer shoots man" sounds better to them than "Crazed criminal attacks police with machete and is shot"

Quote Originally Posted by CG51 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about these two motherfuckers here.
    Actually, only now it becomes an interesting story. The story which, beside of providing more and more details (irrelevant to the case self but giving snapshot of the society as is), has revealed that the country is quite alive, society is still out there having all colors sharp and bright, and in spite of the case "profiling" by some politicians and journalists, apparent media lynching is not going to become a real one.
    kudos to the local police for resisting all that pressure.
    Justice be served.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East View Post
    a retarded circle jerk for every *******.
    Says the pot to the kettle

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    Not surprised to hear that. Seems the narrative of the news of this generation, is theirs solely to manipulate.
    And defame when useful/possible. So in doing this Zim's given a victim basis to call the skillet black as well, and the whole thing devolves into more of a mess.

It's happened before.