Thread: Israel: Navy Commander Pulls Off Crazy April Fool's Joke

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Default Israel: Navy Commander Pulls Off Crazy April Fool's Joke

Link

Three naval craft were ordered to set sail for drills with the US and Italian navies off the Italian coast on Saturday night, only to be informed at dawn that their commander pranked them for April Fool’s Day.

The ships’ officers labored all Saturday night to chart a course for the 10-day cruise, and the crew readied their gear and had their parents bring whatever they lacked. The ships were rigged and fueled and ready to sail, and the crew stood at attention on deck.

Only then did Maj. Gen. Ram Rothberg inform them there was no drill and that the whole affair was a joke.

Some of the sailors and their parents were not amused, Israel Radio reported.

The IDF spokesman’s office characterized the prank as “inappropriate” and said the incident would be investigated and lessons would be learned.

The navy is currently conducting a real drill jointly with Greece and the US, however.
    Those mariners got seriously pwned right there.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Those mariners got seriously pwned right there.
    My girlfriend pranked me with a pregnancy scare; I still think I got it worse.

That's not even funny. It would have been if he said the Iranian Navy or something.

The point of an April fool joke is to make stuff up that could somewhat be believable but is not.

Not order something perfectly reasonable to be done, then say you were lying once it's done.

D*ck move, General.

April 1st perfect time for an invasion of Israel.

Banned user

I know how that feels, just I do alot of one night stands and the worst thing is - when the girl knows your number and the place you live. DD But yeah its ****ing shcary.

I would love to punch whoever invented April's fool! Even more, I would love to shoot whoever decided that news agencies should get on board with this holiday!

It's a 10 day cruise to much? (serious question, I have no idea).
    How often would you have readiness exercises similar to this (and why would your parents need to bring stuff to you in the first place). However, a Maj. Gen. should of known better!

@kjerdman: tell your girlfriend - that's not funny!

Good training.

Warder

Weapons Expert! I play video games ragnarok's Avatar

This wold make perfect training material for combating military misinformation.

My guess is this was "surprise" training exercise/simulation to test preparedness (which is a good thing). The General decided to add some humor by saying it was an april fools joke and the joke fell flat.

He didn't sit around thinking of a funny april fools joke. That was almost certainly an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    My guess is this was "surprise" training exercise/simulation to test preparedness (which is a good thing). The General decided to add some humor by saying it was an april fools joke and the joke fell flat.

He didn't sit around thinking of a funny april fools joke. That was almost certainly an afterthought.
    I'm agree. The IDF runs drills practicing switching from regular duties to war/national emergencies every few months. What's disturbing is this:
    Rotberg explained that the voyage would take 10 days and that they would need to keep the information at the senior command level. Yet in spite of his command, some of the officers revealed the information to the troops.
    They need to find out who leaked the drill and court martial the real criminal.

Banned user

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

Best troll = powerful troll