Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine warship in standoff with China vessels

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    I think that's a question that China should really sit down and collectively find the answer to as a nation. Why is there tension on all borders surrounding China, is it because all its neighbors are belligerent or is it because maybe China has issues? It's a serious soul searching for a nation and sometimes the answer might be hard to swallow.
    Good point!
    Reality is cruel for respective national interests, just like Falkland Islands belong to Britain although we all know the island near Argentina closer ... YES both China and Philippine can calmly sit down and continue talk with each other how to slove the problem, but likely won't have the result =( .

Here is a point I can guarantee, PLA won't shoot first because Chinese have their own principle for the war beginning. China join the War, not start the War.
    Last edited by mpleio; 04-23-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: type wrong name...

I think that's a question that China should really sit down and collectively find the answer to as a nation. Why is there tension on all borders surrounding China, is it because all its neighbors are belligerent or is it because maybe China has issues? It's a serious soul searching for a nation and sometimes the answer might be hard to swallow.
    this kind of talk always lead to the topic of their national sense of victimhood, and the other one is the rightful place on earth kind of crap

Chinese gunboat patrolling Panatag

MANILA, Philippines - A Chinese gunboat has arrived in Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal, escalating tension as the standoff entered its second week, Philippine officials said yesterday.
    Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin called the deployment of the unnamed patrol boat another violation of the country’s sovereignty by China. He said the Philippines should strongly protest the incident.

“If there’s someone who acted with restraint, it is us Filipinos… They (Chinese gunboat) entered our territory. It is well within our territorial waters,” Gazmin told radio station dzRH.
    “When we saw that our maritime laws had been violated, we called the BFAR ([*******blue][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Bureau [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]of [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Fisheries [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]and[/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Aquatic [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Resources[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]) and the Coast Guard came to enforce our maritime laws,” he added.
    The report of the latest alleged intrusion came a day after Chinese embassy spokesman Zhang Hua declared that they have deployed only fisheries and law enforcement ships, not military vessels, in Panatag Shoal, located just 124 nautical miles from Zambales and well within the country’s 200-mile exclusive [*******blue][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]economic [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]zone[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR] (EEZ).
    “We have been very restrained up until now. One of our surveillance ships has left,” Zhang said in a text message.

Gazmin noted that MY Sarangani, a vessel commissioned by the government to conduct archaeological surveys, had been harassed by a Chinese ship. He said the researchers left the area even without completing their task.
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=63

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mpleio View Post
    Here is a point I can guarantee, PLA won't shoot first because Chinese have their own principle for the war beginning. China join the War, not start the War.
    This is some special bull***** you're spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by [RNZE]Sapper View Post
    This is some special bull***** you're spewing.
    Seriously. Its like that big fat bully keeps pushing a lil kid with his fat tummy and saying "hit me first hit me first" so he can use his punches when the lil kid does.

Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    Seriously. Its like that big fat bully keeps pushing a lil kid with his fat tummy and saying "hit me first hit me first" so he can use his punches when the lil kid does.
    I say it's more like a guy who claims the sidewalk and part of the street is also his property and telling people to keep out of it, yet trying to instigate violence by saying "What are you going to do about it?"

Quote Originally Posted by xiledsoviet View Post
    I say it's more like a guy who claims the sidewalk and part of the street is also his property and telling people to keep out of it, yet trying to instigate violence by saying "What are you going to do about it?"
    I think this petition has something similar to what you just wrote. LOL! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...orough-shoals/

Japan plans to donate the Philippines 2 ships of 1000 tons and 10 vessels of 180 tons to patrol the area in dispute with China.
    http://d.hatena.ne.jp/stealth-market...329/1333003273

Japan and the United States consider start using the SDF base Philippines, Palawan
    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/politics/ne...8000008-n1.htm

ODA donor in boats strategic "encirclement in Thailand" in the Philippines and other countries
    2012.4.29 01:17 (1/2 page) [Asia and Oceania]

28 government, has decided to target the three countries the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, to support measures to strengthen maritime security features such as through donor patrol boat. But the desired cooperation to combat terrorism and piracy, in the South China Sea, the three countries are competing for territorial rights with China Nansha over the Islands ( Supuratori English name), but the siege of China reinforce the behavior hegemony in the area the same also aim to build a network.
    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/politics/ne...1190000-n1.htm

^^^ err to those of us who doesn't read Nipponggo/Japanese, can you translate for us? Especially details of what those donated ships are.

Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    ^^^ err to those of us who doesn't read Nipponggo/Japanese, can you translate for us? Especially details of what those donated ships are.

2 of this type.

http://www.vspg.net/jcg/pl61-hateruma-class.html

And 10 of this type.
    http://www.vspg.net/jcg/ps06-banna-class.html
    http://www.vspg.net/jcg/ps09.html

In the article it is said in night vision equipment as well, if I mistake not Japan had already donated the vests and helmets.

Nice ships, but interesting is this what Japan really wants to do, lock up the PLAN in SCS?

Nice ships, but interesting is this what Japan really wants to do, lock up the PLAN in SCS?

At this point do not have much secret and China knows this.
    This documentary in Japanese, Chinese and English are the interests of the said three shares.

To better understand the Chinese coast in light blue and the sea depth of 50 ~ 150 meters this limits the speed of Chinese submarines and facilitate their identification.
    In a little dark blue depth changes from 150 ~ 1000 meters and in the darkest and above 1000 meters, if China can Taiwan or disputed islands with Japan or the area in dispute with the Philippines they have access to deep water where hardly its submarines would be identified, both the USA and Japan has no concern with Chinese media surface but cause concern because the submarines could submerge in undesirable locations.

U.S. and Japanese Troops Draw Closer

TOKYO[LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia] – The prospect of U.S. and Japanese troops fighting side-by-side in the next land war in Asia – and Heaven forbid the need for either — comes a step closer with a little-noted provision in U.S. realignment plans announced last week. The agreement to shift 9,000 Marines from Okinawa to other locations in the Pacific also includes plans to build joint U.S.-Japan training bases on American territory in the Northern Mariana Islands and perhaps elsewhere.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]

Read more: http://battleland.blogs.time.com/201...#ixzz1tYTyKMxP

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Thanks for the translation shinigami