Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Macedonia: Five fishermen found dead near a lake north of Skopje.

Default Macedonia: Five fishermen found dead near a lake north of Skopje.

http://www.press24.mk/video/makedoni...vo-kraj-smilko

Five Macedonian fishermen were found dead near a lake north of Skopje. They were lined up and executed with firearms.

It is still breaking news and the locals are placing blame on politics naturally. Still too early.

I hope the police gets on the case quickly because this will get out of hand.

It is Orthodox Good Friday today.

Thumbs up

Oh wow. Good luck to the people on the ground. This could get ugly quickly.

RIP to the victims.

Not sure why is this being pushed. I guess after Kosovo, Macedonia could be next. On the other hand Macedonia has been a "constructive member of the Euroatlantic community" so maybe it will get some protection for its integrity but I doubt it.

The locals are angry. Police is limiting access. Still night over there. The people between 20 and 30 years old from local villages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurik SST View Post
    Oh wow. Good luck to the people on the ground. This could get ugly quickly.

RIP to the victims.

Not sure why is this being pushed. I guess after Kosovo, Macedonia could be next. On the other hand Macedonia has been a "constructive member of the Euroatlantic community" so maybe it will get some protection for its integrity but I doubt it.
    What do you mean "after Kosovo"? The republic had its war right after Kosovo in 2001. Back then it did not get the western support and the country was not ready for it at all.

At this stage it is still unknown if it is political or criminal act.

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    What do you mean "after Kosovo"? The republic had its war right after Kosovo in 2001. Back then it did not get the western support and the country was not ready for it at all.

At this stage it is still unknown if it is political or criminal act.
    What do I mean? I mean some people are bent on conglomerating their ethnic territories and are working ceaselessly. I am having a hard time seeing why anybody would shoot 5 presumably regular working stiffs in a criminal act.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurik SST View Post
    What do I mean? I mean some people are bent on conglomerating their ethnic territories and are working ceaselessly. I am having a hard time seeing why anybody would shoot 5 presumably regular working stiffs in a criminal act.
    Look the most sensible act for now is to assume it is criminal first until proven otherwise. At the end of the day it is a civilized country. Even if someone wants to commit political murder it is up to the authorities.

RIP to the victims... It sound cynical but I wish it was criminal act, not a continue of 2001.

Look the most sensible act for now is to assume it is criminal first until proven otherwise.
    Assuming it was criminal act is just as bad, as you are probably aware there is a tendency in the region to brand one ethnic group as criminals.

I say assume nothing and let the police do it's thing.

Classic execution
    Rest in Peace.

Getting ripped in mp.net's insanity thread!

You guys leased a few helo's from Russian's to deal with it if IIRC. Yeah NATO wouldn't come down on one side in Serbia and on the other in Macedonia.
    Regardless hope these perps get what's coming to them.

Yeah NATO wouldn't come down on one side in Serbia and on the other in Macedonia.
    You mean NATO is not an hypocritical organization and always stands on the right proper and clean sides ??
    Damn and me who thought that back in those days, Macedonia was NATO's friend, providing supplies and firebases for the french and UK forces waiting at the Kosovo border in 1999 as well as providing supply routes for the units that has moved in Kosovo
    /cynism rant

PS : BTW we loaned helos and SU25 from Ukraine. But still the army and police was not ready for what happened : poorly trained and equiped conscript units, corrupt paramilitary units and a mess in the chain of command between the MoD and Mint led to poor operational capabilities
    That and the restrictions imposed by NATO, "the friends"

Yeah and when the T-72s were purchased from Ukraine they were delayed and they NATO asked for them to be based in Strumica (far from action).

English sources:

The Associated Press
    Date: Friday Apr. 13, 2012 6:31 AM ET
    SKOPJE, Macedonia — Police say five men have been shot to death near an artificial lake just north of the Macedonian capital of Skopje.
    Police spokesman Ivo Kotevski told The Associated Press on Friday the bodies were discovered late Thursday in the village of Smilkovci by a local fisherman.
    He said four of the victims were in their 20's, and the fifth was in his 40's.
    Police have sealed the area and the bodies are being examined by forensic experts.
    No suspects or motives for the slayings are yet known.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2012...#ixzz1rvGGx9ag

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/region-a...3&nav_id=79755

Macedonian police are yet to confirm the veracity of these statements, or give any other details. They kept the scene cordoned off as forensic experts and an investigative judge were collecting evidence.

Macedonian media in the meantime report that the victims were killed execution-style: made to stand one next to another before they were shot, with four of the five bodies found in a position suggestive of this theory.

Still strange. Could be criminal. 4 are in their 20s and the last is in his 40s apparently he stumbled on the event and was shot to prevent a witness.

Fishers can sometimes be "hired" by the mob to transport stuff. Is it possible it could be mobsters "cleaning" behind themselves or a punishment execution after a trade gone bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by TG211 View Post
    Fishers can sometimes be "hired" by the mob to transport stuff. Is it possible it could be mobsters "cleaning" behind themselves or a punishment execution after a trade gone bad ?
    Not there. It is off major route. Normally that goes across toward Kosovo or Serbia along the highways. Local boys one was high school student.

The police asked for the media to avoid speculations.