Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking of US codes by the japaneses during WW2

Quote Originally Posted by nemowork View Post
    If your going to post pictures on the web either dont worry when they go walkabout or watermark them before you post them.

Particularly when you can google search images and have no idea of the source blog, the only way to keep your ownership of the image is to have yor ID stuck on it somewhere, its easy enough to do with current software.

When you take something from someone else's site you should link to it.That's simple common sense. If someone managed to find the pics without accessing the blog then i have no problem. However the least you can do for someone who has taken the time and effort to make this material available for free is to acknowledge his effort.
    I expect that at least some people here have the mental capacity to understand that.
    People like Linedoggie on the other hand...

terrorist sympathiser

Quote Originally Posted by paspartoo View Post
    When you take something from someone else's site you should link to it.That's simple common sense. If someone managed to find the pics without accessing the blog then i have no problem. However the least you can do for someone who has taken the time and effort to make this material available for free is to acknowledge his effort.
    I expect that at least some people here have the mental capacity to understand that.
    People like Linedoggie on the other hand...
    you need to watermarked your picture... then you can rage.

About the Finnish link, from December 1941 Finland could read diplomatic messages of the USA and from spring 1942 they could read most secret USA messages and that I think lasted until the end of war. If the guy was trained in Finland then chances for reading some of the USA codes is high.

Quote Originally Posted by jokuvaan View Post
    About the Finnish link, from December 1941 Finland could read diplomatic messages of the USA and from spring 1942 they could read most secret USA messages and that I think lasted until the end of war. If the guy was trained in Finland then chances for reading some of the USA codes is high.
    Really odd piece of WW2 history considering that the USA and Finland were never at war during WW2...

I grabbed the images from a folder that was being used for background info for a paper being written for the MCCA. If I had known that the scans were made by an online source I would have happily attributed said source.

Now let's all get our ******s untwisted and calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I grabbed the images from a folder that was being used for background info for a paper being written for the MCCA. If I had known that the scans were made by an online source I would have happily attributed said source.

Now let's all get our ******s untwisted and calm down.
    [SIZE=3][*******#000000][FONT=Calibri]Thanks for clarifying that. Remember I said earlier : ‘If someone managed to find the pics without accessing the blog then i have no problem’. By the way what is MCCA?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by paspartoo View Post
    [SIZE=3][*******#000000][FONT=Calibri]Thanks for clarifying that. Remember I said earlier : ‘If someone managed to find the pics without accessing the blog then i have no problem’. By the way what is MCCA?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Oh don't talk it the wrong way; I wasn't criticizing the understandable desire to have your scans attributed, just the needless back and forth bickering that came after.

I apologize for not getting back to the thread sooner to help prevent that from happening.

Marine Corps Cryptologic Association