Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 'Jordan will regain J'lem from killers of prophets'

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    Yes it still stands, but it was mostly because the undermining effect of the PLO and its leadership. The PLO made the same thin to Lebanon, where it was a major factor of the irruption of the Civil War. And after it was authorized to enter the territories, the PLO made the same thing to Israel with the Second Intifada.
    Don't know if the Second Intifadah can be compared to Black September and the Lebanese Civil war as it was still an external threat to Israel more than an internal issue.

You make a very valid point by mentioning how the PLO was the cause and main factor of these conflicts. It is also worth mentioning that the PLO naturally based itself and relied on the Palestinian population. So though the PLO doesn't exist in Jordan as it did in 1970, the Palestinian population still does and some other organization (Muslim Brotherhood) or country (Iran) could fill the vacuum left by the PLO and use this population to overthrow the king.

Abdullah knows this and is worried about this.

Isn't there a stipend of the 1994 Peace Treaty that talks about forbidding state-sponsored propaganda against the other?

Then again Israel shouldn't even be surprised by land for peace being a farse anymore.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by MUSHROOM123 View Post
    He offers them economic reforms ,but ,still, i don't think that his seat will be secure for long
    Don't underestimate Abdullah and the Hashmites.

They've been written off many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by EITAN88 View Post
    Don't know if the Second Intifadah can be compared to Black September and the Lebanese Civil war as it was still an external threat to Israel more than an internal issue.
    The comparison I made was based on the fact that - unlike the First Intifada that was spontaneous - all the conflicts were orchestrated by the PLO.

You make a very valid point by mentioning how the PLO was the cause and main factor of these conflicts. It is also worth mentioning that the PLO naturally based itself and relied on the Palestinian population. So though the PLO doesn't exist in Jordan as it did in 1970, the Palestinian population still does and some other organization (Muslim Brotherhood) or country (Iran) could fill the vacuum left by the PLO and use this population to overthrow the king.

Abdullah knows this and is worried about this.
    The PLO relied on the population, but it was also a terrorist army of the size of a division which was deployed in Jordan. It will be quite unlikely for an external actor like Iran to produce a destabilization of a similar extend.
    Last edited by Camera; 04-17-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Inglish

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    Don't underestimate Abdullah and the Hashmites.

They've been written off many times before.
    Ok. I hope that he will not fall. The one that will come instead of him will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    The comparison I made was based on the fact that - unlike the First Intifada that was spontaneous - all the conflicts were orchestrated by the PLO.
    In that sense your comparison is indeed logical.

The PLO relied on the population, but it was also a terrorist army of the size of a division which was deployed in Jordan. It will be quite unlikely for an external actor like Iran to produce a destabilization of a similar extend.

You are correct but in my opinion you don`t need a PLO army to threaten the king these days. An Intifadah (like the first or like the uprising in Egypt) would probably be much more effective.

I `ll admit that I`m not aware of what exactly are the demographics of the Jordanian military but if it reflects the actual demographics of the kingdom then Abdullah will have a problem using his army in such a scenario.
    Last edited by EITAN88; 04-18-2012 at 05:13 AM.

As long as I know, the high ranks are from ethnic groups that are loyal to the King.