Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516
Results 226 to 239 of 239

Thread: French Presidential election 2012 THREAD

  1. #226
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,347

    Default

    How different are their stances on French Military? Or it isnt even mentioned in their programs?

  2. #227
    Senior Member Ivan le Fou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyusu View Post
    How different are their stances on French Military? Or it isnt even mentioned in their programs?
    There was an article about that in the latest DSI.

    They more or less all have the same stance on French Military, all if you chose to ignore Eva Joly. She wants to reduce the number of servicemen, reduce opex and exercises with foreign countries, no new aircraft carrier, getting rid of the nuclear subs and of the nuclear weapon; for the green are mostly pacifists.

    Concerning the others:
    Marine Le Pen wants to increase the numbers of servicemen, wants another aircraft carrier.
    Sarkozy and Hollande have approximatively the same stance.

  3. #228
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Looks like Hollande got the overseas vote, first result around 8 like last time?

  4. #229
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    Looks like Hollande got the overseas vote, first result around 8 like last time?
    Nope 6 PM as for Belgian estimates/ Last time they were accurate. I do not see them failing this time.
    http://www.lesoir.be/ should do it.

  5. #230
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoTeMoRe View Post
    Nope 6 PM as for Belgian estimates/ Last time they were accurate. I do not see them failing this time.
    http://www.lesoir.be/ should do it.
    I believe La libre was first last time around 4 o'clock with their first report. Monday Europe will most likely wake up with a Socialist French president and a Greek government that is a collection of small extremist parties

  6. #231
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    I believe La libre was first last time around 4 o'clock with their first report. Monday Europe will most likely wake up with a Socialist French president and a Greek government that is a collection of small extremist parties
    What do you mean by "extremist parties" . The plan is just going smoothly along.

  7. #232
    Senior Member Ivan le Fou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    Looks like Hollande got the overseas vote, first result around 8 like last time?
    Around 8h30 if everything goes fine.

  8. #233
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoTeMoRe View Post
    What do you mean by "extremist parties" . The plan is just going smoothly along.
    far left, communists, ultra conservative, the old parties like PASOK will have to pay for their sins. I've got the feeling that we're reliving the 30's, maybe not the whole rise of the nazi's, but first the economic crisis (1929=>2009), debt crisis in Europe, devaluation of the currencies, the demise of the traditional parties, the desinterest in the military,......

  9. #234
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Around 8h30 if everything goes fine.
    Thanks, who got your vote if I may ask?

  10. #235
    Senior Member Ivan le Fou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    Thanks, who got your vote if I may ask?
    Nop, didn't vote. I wasn't even on the list.

    I haven't really paid attention to the whole campaign actually nor did I feel represented by any of the candidates.

  11. #236
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Nop, didn't vote. I wasn't even on the list.

    I haven't really paid attention to the whole campaign actually nor did I feel represented by any of the candidates.

    We've got a compulsory voting system here, so not showing up is out of the question, absentism has not been penalised since 2003, but most people (95%) show up cause they have no idea that it is not enforced. There are talks about penalising it again in 2014 with the next regional elections

  12. #237
    Senior Member Pandemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Belgium/Flanders
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    First exit-poll results show like most people expected a 52-53% for Hollande
    http://www.rtbf.be/

  13. #238
    Senior Member Chimera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Dear God...

  14. #239
    Senior Member Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    France
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    52% for Hollande.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •