Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Inmate brags about living better in jail than when he was free.

  1. #91
    Senior Member Macs.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Germany.
    Posts
    21,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    The simple fact is that as long as you're willing to pay, someone with low moral fiber is willing to smuggle contraband into jails and/or prisons. How tight the facility's security is is going to vary, but the weaker the facility's security procedures, the easier it is to get stuff in. I've seen people do everything from swallowing ******s, to packing it in their ass, or layering it inside of a Christmas card they tried to mail to their boyfriend. My personal favorite was watching someone try to throw a rock, with money wrapped around it, and rolled up in cellophane, over two fences (it got caught on the razor wire).
    Add to that a rise of inmates in times of a bad economy versus slashing budgets for jails on the other hand. And on the other hand prisoners who spend years/decades just thinking about where to find a loop in the system.

    One of the biggest scandals concerning prison security around here was when the leading circle of the 70s leftwing RAF terrorists shot themselvs with guns they smuggeled into their cells. All because they knew that the prison guards were only allowed to briefly check their files they were carring with them from and to court... And because they found a dumb lawyer who then cut little holes into the filefolder where within he placed the guns for them.

  2. #92
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,937

    Default

    From a down to earth PoV. In Belgium it is just impossible to have a better life in Prison if:

    1. You do not have a family.
    2. You do not have friends.
    3. You do not have a ****ing goal in life.

    Our penitentiary park is let say it frankly ****. We are speaking about 19th century prisons siding with late 60s early 80s prisons and there is jacksquat to do. Nope I am not thinking about gyms and leisure. I am thinking occupation. I am thinking redemtion. I am thinking turning some crapsters around.

    Now while I truly respect any vision towards the penitentiary world, let me tell you that Europe (at least Germany, France, Belgium and Italy) have a big ass issue regarding preventive imprisonment before trial. 60% of the Belgian inmates are awaiting trial. IE they are not judged YET. The ratio is 45/50 in Frenchistan and probably the same can be told about Germany. Italy has a special statute, They have an overpopulation of almost 50% of the existing park. To make things worse they have almost 25K foreigners held in for various misdeeds.

    I am all for any of these countries inmates to bragg about their detention life. Really.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Mordoror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Backstabbing allies in a foxhole
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    So what is the percentage of people who are really innocent that end up in Jail? When I was in LEO, I never met any. I don't doubt that there are, but the % is probably very very small. Compare that % of really innocent people to those who say they are innocent. Dom was not really off when you look at the statistics. The system is set up with the most of the cards in the favor of the defendant. Part of it is the fact the whole enchilada is administered by humans. Mistakes will happen, in this situation a lot less than some people would have us to believe.
    I can't speak for your country, but not here. ^see Hollis's post.
    Sorry Hollis and Spartan didn't see your posts before answering the one of Dominique
    I agree with you Hollis, i said it in my previous post. These mistakes in the system are very very few in number. But still they can happen (that's for the side of innocent going in jail)
    As for commoners or average Joe ending in jail because of what i describe as an accident of life, they are few in number too but they become slightly more significant, especially in our societies which are "sue for everything and see what happens"
    The guy accidentely hurting or killing a kid on a pedestrian crossing will more surely go in jail than 15 years ago (and here i am talking about a true accident like a kid running after a ball or crossing in front of a bus)
    But of course they are still a minority in regard of true inmates, that i fully agree with you
    Anyway i don't think (but that's only my opinion) that any of us is "jail proof" even if we behave like good citizens

    I can give you the example of my father who was sentenced for 3 months of suspended sentence because one of his workers (he had a painting company) killed himselff by falling from an scaffolding. The guy was not wearing his safety harness, was told tenth of time that he had too but was a dense head. My father was lucky this time not to get one month of true jail because he was deemed as responsible by the judge. I hope you see what i want to mean with that ewample

  4. #94
    Senior Member Dominique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    Dominique
    Well we are in two different countries with different law systems but if i look the french "code penal" That's all what i am saying [*******#0000CD]
    [/COLOR]
    But we're not talking about the French legal system now are we. Here in the US, many of examples you cited, just aren't going to happen.

  5. #95
    Senior Member Mordoror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Backstabbing allies in a foxhole
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    But we're not talking about the French legal system now are we. Here in the US, many of examples you cited, just aren't going to happen.
    I know Dominique but i gave these examples as the firsts whuch came across in my mind; I am sure we can find examples of things labelled as misdemeanor in USA and not in France or Europe. This is not the point of my post though

  6. #96
    Ramblin Wreck. Spartan10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Metz, France
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    I know Dominique but i gave these examples as the firsts whuch came across in my mind; I am sure we can find examples of things labelled as misdemeanor in USA and not in France or Europe. This is not the point of my post though
    You should probably use examples from the US then to make your point (if you can find any). Cause I'll say it again. You don't simply end up in jail in the US without having done something to land you there....

  7. #97
    Senior Member Dominique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan10k View Post
    You should probably use examples from the US then to make your point (if you can find any). Cause I'll say it again. You don't simply end up in jail in the US without having done something to land you there....
    Correct. When you find me some examples of actual cases in the US, I'll be more than happy to debate the merits of your argument, until then you might want to sit back and try to learn a little bit more about the US legal system. And I don't mean that as an insult, as the majority of the people reading this thread don't have a clue about it either.

  8. #98
    Senior Member Mordoror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Backstabbing allies in a foxhole
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    @Dominique and Spartan
    Ok guys, i ll lurk a bit more (and i took not offense here)
    Have a nice day, i ll come back if i find something (yes i am a bit stubborn sometimes )

  9. #99
    Senior Member Dominique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    9,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    @Dominique and Spartan
    Ok guys, i ll lurk a bit more (and i took not offense here)
    Have a nice day, i ll come back if i find something (yes i am a bit stubborn sometimes )
    No worries, you're good.

  10. #100
    "Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"
    Age
    36
    Posts
    22,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usa320 View Post
    such bs. the county jail here recently purchased thousands of dollars of gym equipment for inmate use. it boils my blood. why let them get stronger?

    One of the more notorious Australian prisoners was beaten to death with the stem of a stationary bike seat. Gym equipment does have a useful purpose on occasion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •