Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Marine discharged over Obama comments

peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    Although Apple don't tend to send you into areas with bullets flying your way.

I think previous posters actually had their point getting through.

Continuing retracting myself.
    Yeah I know, I've been lurking here long enough to actually get to know what some of you been through.

I'm going to retract myself from this thread before anyone gets the idea I'm actually defending this Marine. Because I'm not. I kinda juste feel bafflement over the actual amount of time he spent, serving his country, to have it all ended like this.

And that picture is close to madness. I've seen it before, it's still just as griping.
    I like to think 66' was a long time ago. But it's really not.
    I'd agree with you DD, if his intentions weren't so self serving. Don't be fooled by him, the Marine Corps clearly stated that they gave him ample opportunities to change his ways and he blatantly refused their plea leading them to believe that he was angling to get himself discharged in order to get a radio show.

And guess what? he got his Radio-show!
    seems very selfserving and unmarine-like to me...but what do I know?
    Last edited by Universals; 04-27-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Banned user

I wonder what kind of punishment he would received had we lived in a Medieval time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    Don't be hating on Raccoons guys, one of them was so hardcore he enslaved Davey Crockett and rode victoriously atop his head for many years.
    That was the funniest sh1t I saw all day. Thank you.

EDIT: Not going to kick a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiveMock View Post
    ....One colonel, who spoke on the condition that his name be withheld, was among the officers criticizing decisions to limit initial deployments of troops to the region. "He wanted to fight this war on the cheap," the colonel said. "He got what he wanted."...
    You are freeking blind. Thanks to the privilege to withhold source of information, journalists can ask "frank opinion" of militaries and (in USA only mind you) some officers could voice their opinion. On the condition of anonymity. See the difference?Name=troubles. Anonymity=concern. Fly low- get far. Or stay silent. That also works.

In other countries state workers have to go through Malaysia, organizing on the way VPN and crap, just to open some closed doors and "struck some bells". For example to complain about "guild'ization" of education or of engineering force.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    This really can't be that hard of a concept to grasp: in the same way you pay for whatever a bullet you fire from a gun hits, you bear the responsibility and consequences of whatever words come out of your suckhole when you speak. Whether you're a politician, a CEO or a member of the Armed Services.
    But lets not pretend the punishment is always to other than honorably discharge them, because I posted several instances earlier of Marines and soldiers refusing orders and still getting honorably discharged during the Bush admin. That's the problem I have, consistency.

Read the first page. Jumped to the last. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    No you don't.
    Hmm, May be marins have some secret special extras, but I don't think so. Directive 1344.10 should be sufficient for everybody I think.
    What is interesting this directive is quite liberal. Approval of your superior to speak up (i.e. necessity to talk to him first) is not necessary anymore. Sissies.
    "
    4.1.1.6. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing the member’s personal views on public issues or political candidates, if such action is not part of an organized letter-writing campaign or a solicitation of votes for or against a political party or partisan political cause or candidate. If the letter identifies the member as on active duty (or if the member is otherwise reasonably identifiable as a member of the Armed Forces), the letter should clearly state that the views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense (or Department of Homeland Security for members of the Coast Guard)."

Public web sites and social media are de facto equated to the public statements. I am too lazy to find correct citation now.

Anyway calling names doesn't fit into "acceptable behavior" frame and should lead to the application of the UCMJ. Just like it did happen. Good riddance.

RIP Leslie Nielsen and Stompin Tom Connors

Duuude, when will people understand that simply because you disagreed with a certain decision it doesnt automatically make you left or right.
    Either way, that dude got what was coming to him.After 10 years he should have known better.Like your school teacher who told everyone not to swear, was going to let you simply walk up to her and yell "**** you all!" and get away with it.FB and people is a stupid mixture.
    Like that Birther dude who was a surgeon who said he simply would not accept orders from the CINC because he didnt believe he was legitimately a US born citizen.Numpty got axed proper and rightly so.Thousands of other Marines,Soldiers, Sailors and Aviators dont get their aces canned for this.

Faux Phallus Smuggler

Am I a liberal if I think this guy serious got the **** end of the stick?

Sure he made a remarkably stupid comment on his FB-page.

Still, he gave 10 God damn years. That is a LOT.
    Seems like its just to easy to give him the boot.

I'm a civilian, so by all means, flame me for all you got, you're most likely right. I just find it a bit too harsh.
    Once again; 10 effin years.
    it doesn't matteri

if a cop , nurse, doctor, teacher or any licensed professional violates certain regulations, they can lose their license at any point in time

he should've known better to voice his opinion at the wrong time and wrong forum while he was an enlisted marine (if comments were made after discharge, as a civilian, it would've been ok)

he got discharged, he isn't put on trial for treason or anything

a real marine wouldn't disobey an order from their commanding officer...who takes their orders all the way up to the commander-in-chief